WrathOfHan

BOT's 2016 Movie Grades

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm not sure if I follow how it works, haha

He just checks the polls for each review thread and calculates the average. He doesn't check individual posts -- which means that the results are a bit flawed since a fair amount of people never bother to use the polls. But it's too much of a hassle to read through each thread and then manually add each grade (while also checking the polls to make sure you're not counting anything twice).

3 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

He just checks the polls for each review thread and calculates the average. He doesn't check individual posts -- which means that the results are a bit flawed since a fair amount of people never bother to use the polls. But it's too much of a hassle to read through each thread and then manually add each grade (while also checking the polls to make sure you're not counting anything twice).

Nope, I check the individual posts. I know there are a couple users who never vote in the polls so if a poll is anonymous I'll know to count them separately.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nope, I check the individual posts. I know there are a couple users who never vote in the polls so if a poll is anonymous I'll know to count them separately.

If you guys want me to vote on some kind of poll I will, just link me that I'll do it. :lol:

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

If you guys want me to vote on some kind of poll I will, just link me that I'll do it. :lol:

Just find the review thread in RTM and write up a review or vote :lol: I'll be recounting some older movies sometime soon.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Do you count A+'s different from A's and A's different from A-'s (and so on?)

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you count A+'s different from A's and A's different from A-'s (and so on?)

I use Metacritic's scale (link in the OP); A+ and A are 100's while A- is 91. If a user has a number grade in their written review in addition to the letter grade and/or vote I'll use the numerical as it gets a better sense of their opinion.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I use Metacritic's scale (link in the OP); A+ and A are 100's while A- is 91. If a user has a number grade in their written review in addition to the letter grade and/or vote I'll use the numerical as it gets a better sense of their opinion.

Alright. Time to go clarify my Jason Bourne grad as an A+