cannastop

WDAS Schedule Speculation

Frozen 2 is confirmed.

Wreck-it-Ralph 2 is just about confirmed, according to this article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/24/wreck-it-ralph-2-still-happening-might-feature-mario

Zootopia is a humongous success, and it's unimaginable that they'll leave it at just one movie.

Will they just say fuck it and do all three at once? As big of a Zootopia fan as I am, I don't want the studio to get bogged down in franchises.

Upon the Wreck-It Ralph 2 announcement, these are my predictions:

November 23, 2016: Moana

March 9, 2018: Wreck-It Ralph 2

November 21, 2018: Gigantic

November 27, 2019: Frozen 2 (Predicted)

November 25, 2020: Original Movie (Box office mojo says something is scheduled here.)

November 5, 2021: Zootopia 2 (Predicted)

Edited by cannastop

On June 1, 2016 at 0:53 PM, cannastop said:

Then again, I don't think the many Pixar sequels have hurt that studio to the core.

Just look at Inside Out. Pixar hasn't lost their touch.

To be fair, we haven't been hit by the sequel onslaught yet.

While I like some sequels, I also get a little disappointed when very talented groups spend so much time on them.  Sure, some are fun, but it can often feel like a talented director/studio wasting their time

Just now, The Panda said:

To be fair, we haven't been hit by the sequel onslaught yet.

Yes, we have. Cars 2 and Monster's University. It's not like making those movies caused the studio to be incapable of making good stuff.

I highly doubt they would release all three of them in a role. I am actually most interested in a Zootopia Sequel though, there is alot you could tell with it, Wreck-it-Ralph 2 as well. and sure I am liked Frozen, don't think it really needs a sequel, but I'll watch it. but Disney has never been big on pumping out alot of animated sequels, so I'm pretty sure they would be spaced out. 

I'm not sure there really is that much space to cover in a sequel to Wreck It Ralph to be honest. I loved the film itself, but I also feel that it ties itself up very neatly. But I'll definitely root for it if it is a thing - I have faith they'll do something that isn't just a retread.

Gigantic has been moved to November 21, 2018, so that's at least one original film between Wreck-It-Ralph 2 (March 9) and Frozen 2, which at the earliest could be November 2019. I suspect there will be at least one original film between Frozen 2 and Zootopia 2 as well.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Gigantic has been moved to November 21, 2018, so that's at least one original film between Wreck-It-Ralph 2 (March 9) and Frozen 2, which at the earliest could be November 2019. I suspect there will be at least one original film between Frozen 2 and Zootopia 2 as well.

I think this is the likely schedule for Walt Disney Animation Studios:

November 23, 2016: Moana

March 9, 2018: Wreck-It Ralph 2

November 21, 2018: Gigantic

November 27, 2019: Frozen 2 (Predicted)

November 25, 2020: Original Movie (Box office mojo says something is scheduled here.)

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think Zootopia 2 could end up being in 2022 as well. Presuming it does get released in 2021, why did you go with November 5 instead of November 24?

Just now, Jason said:

I think Zootopia 2 could end up being in 2022 as well. Presuming it does get released in 2021, why did you go with November 5 instead of November 24?

Because they also released Big Hero 6 on the first Friday of November. Seems like the non-musical weekend. Other movies that have been released in early November include Megamind, Madagascar 2, Chicken Little and Monsters Inc

• Like 1

Untitled Disney Animation (3-D)(BV) - 11/27/19

Honestly didn't notice that before. I thought I was kind of BS-ing on the Frozen 2 date.

Untitled Disney Animation (Nov 2020)(BV) - 11/25/20

The last time Disney did 3 consecutive November movies in a row, they waited 15 months for their next release.

I guess Zootopia 2 might come in 2022.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 6:29 PM, cannastop said:

Untitled Disney Animation (3-D)(BV) - 11/27/19

Honestly didn't notice that before. I thought I was kind of BS-ing on the Frozen 2 date.

Mojo isn't showing that as having been recently added, but I'm very sure it wasn't there as of June 30 (when you made your post). Movie Insider says the announcement was made on July 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if it's that "Teen Space Race" movie talked about maybe four years ago. Probably not King of the Elves, sadly.