Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agafin

Fast and Furious 8 vs Star wars 8

FF8 vs SW8  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie will gross more in 2017 (overseas)?

• Fast and Furious 8
    • Star Wars: Episode 8

Oh yeah, that'd be interesting, There's no way Furious 8 will repeat what Furious 7 did OS, but EP8 will also decline significantly from TFA, I say the slight edge to Furious 8 ;). EP8 wins WW obviously.

Bump.

Less than three weeks to go before we see how the first contender performs (FF8). I still think that SW8 wins but I'm much less confident than I was a year ago. I think the difference between them will be $50m or less. Something like $730m for FF8 and, like $770m for SW8.

19 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Bump.

Less than three weeks to go before we see how the first contender performs (FF8). I still think that SW8 wins but I'm much less confident than I was a year ago. I think the difference between them will be $50m or less. Something like $730m for FF8 and, like $770m for SW8.

$730m OS for F8? F7 did over $520m adding China, Brazil, Mexico and Russia, and I do not see F8 dropping too much in those territories. IMO, it will make at least $800m, and I think it has chances of $900m.

I am thinking 800m for Fast 8. 300m in China and 500m outside China. ER is significantly worse since 2015 and Fast 8 will drop quite a bit in developed markets.

SW8 also will drop hard unless dollar tanks again to SW7 levels. I am thinking 800m for it as well. For now its going to be close. I would give slight edge to SW8 as December is better release date than April. But if Furious 8 goes above my prediction and makes 900m I will give edge to it.