SteveJaros

NY Times article on Hollywood efforts to market secular films to Christian audiences in the USA

Good article on social media and marketing efforts the big studios are using to reach out to religious communities to sell more tickets:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/24/business/media/hollywood-movies-christian-outreach.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

That's very interesting, I feel a little surprised I didn't know this kind of marketing was going on right in front of me. 

It just clicked that the preacher subtly brings up upcoming secular movies in his sermons every so often, and includes stills from movies coming out in his power points.

Never paid much attention.

Edited by La La Panda
  • Like 1

They have to expand their markets outside of big city, secular liberals. Makes sense that now they're going to the Heartland

Also, I love how the article refers to them as "flyover audiences." 

Yep, that's basically what the article said

Edited by fracfar
  • Like 2