6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Poseidon (2006)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Ok sue, me I love this film.

This film has such a bad name from so many people, yet I think it is a brilliant film. Some people don't realise how much effort has gone into this film. People say that everything is CGI. Not true. The only things that are CGI in the whole film are: the ship, the wave. That's it. Everything else is sets. People actually were thrown around the place. Water did come in to the ballroom. I think some people don't give this film enough credit. The first time I watched it, I was in awe. It was such a convincing film. The look of the ship and how it interacted with light made it look so real. Sure, some of the film is far-fetched. And sure, you don't get to know the people on board. But that is because of the pace. They can't stand there for half-an-hour, spewing their guts out about themselves when the ship is sinking. The pace of the film is supposed to be rushed. The ship is sinking, and it's not going to stop sinking to let the people stop for a break. So I say give the film a break. If you haven't seen it and are judging it on what your friends/ family have said, ignore them. Watch it for yourself, you may find the film is actually better than what others say. And as said in the title, give this film a chance to shine, it's better than what people say.

9/10

Ok, I got my lawyer on retainer now, baumer. ;)I did see it, and in the theater even. I agree with what they did to make the movie and since I sometimes help with making short films for people, I truly appreciate great effort like that. However, with all that being said, it is still a bad movie to me. :P

Edited by 75live

Ok, I got my lawyer on retainer now, baumer. ;)I did see it, and in the theater even. I agree with what they did to make the movie and since I sometimes help with making short films for people, I truly appreciate great effort like that. However, with all that being said, it is still a bad movie to me. :P

Yea, you're not alone budd. ;)

Yea, you're not alone budd. ;)

lolTrue, but I don't need validation. :P I may be a little harsh on the D+ grade though. It may be more in the C range.Usually we agree on most movies, but just can't go with you on this one. ;)

That's okay. I have a huge soft spot for disaster films. I even loved 2012 and TDAT. It doesn't matter to me that Dennis Quaid walked from Philly to NY in a day. It's a fun movie.

That's okay. I have a huge soft spot for disaster films. I even loved 2012 and TDAT. It doesn't matter to me that Dennis Quaid walked from Philly to NY in a day. It's a fun movie.

Yeah I like most of them myself. I can watch any of them, even this one, just for fun value at the very least.