MrFanaticGuy34

2D Non-Disney Animated Films from the 90's

We know Disney was dominant at the time during the Disney Renaissance. But what about the films outside Disney?

Well....I've decided to make a topic about some Non-Disney 2D/Hand-drawn animated films. Both the more popular ones & those that some people have not have heard of or talks that much about, as some other Non-Disney films in that decade. We'll see how much they made at the box office, Worldwide-wise. And as a bonus, i'll add the sequels & the hybrid-live action/animation movies as well.

Here are a list of all these films in order from earliest above to latest below: :D

Jetsons: The Movie = $20M

The Nutcracker Prince (1990) = $1.7M

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West = $40M ($22M DOM)

Rock a Doodle = $11.7M

Ferngully: The Last Rainforest = $32M ($24M DOM)

Bebe's Kids = $8.4M

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland = $1.4M

Freddie as F.R.O.7. = $1.1M

Happily Ever After = $3.3M

Once Upon a Forest = $6.6M

Tom and Jerry: The Movie = $3.6M

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story = $9.3M

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm = $5.6M

Thumbelina = $11.4M

The Princess and the Goblin = $2.1M

A Troll In Central Park = $71,368

The Swan Princess = $9.8M

The Pagemaster (Hybrid-live action) = $13.7M

The Pebble and the Penguin = $4M

Balto = $11.3M

All Dogs Go to Heaven 2 = $8.6M

Space Jam = $230M ($90M DOM)

Beavis and Butt-head Do America = $63M

Cat's Don't Dance = $3.6M

Pippi Longstocking = $505,335

Anastasia = $139.8M ($58M DOM)

Quest for Camelot = $22.5M

The Rugrats Movie = $140.8M ($100.4M DOM)

The Prince of Egypt = $218M ($101.4M DOM)

The King and I = $12M

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut = $83M ($52M DOM)

The Iron Giant = $23.2M

Princess Mononoke = $159M ($2M DOM)

Pokemon: The First Movie = $163.6M ($85.7M)

So many Non-Disney animated films in that decade and they outnumbered the Counts that Disney have with 9 films (Not counting The Little Mermaid, since that was released in 1989, the late 80's.)

Comment your thoughts below about these Disney films.

• Like 1

Among those, I only have any use for Prince of Egypt, Anastasia, and Princess Mononoke. The rest could've never exist and I won't care tbh (Maybe except the Pokemon movie, that one have a sentimental value for me even though I think it's a terrible film).

On 5/20/2017 at 11:22 AM, Captain H said:

Among those, I only have any use for Prince of Egypt, Anastasia, and Princess Mononoke. The rest could've never exist and I won't care tbh (Maybe except the Pokemon movie, that one have a sentimental value for me even though I think it's a terrible film).

I agree except for The Iron Giant. You NEED to see that movie ASAP. It's directed by Brad Bird, the same person who directed The incredibles and Ratatouille. But it's more than just that. The Iron Giant is one of the most powerful and beautiful superhero and friendship movies ever made, and it's animated in 2D! Please do yourself a favor and watch it. 

On 2017-5-22 at 9:09 PM, lolifofo said:

I agree except for The Iron Giant. You NEED to see that movie ASAP. It's directed by Brad Bird, the same person who directed The incredibles and Ratatouille. But it's more than just that. The Iron Giant is one of the most powerful and beautiful superhero and friendship movies ever made, and it's animated in 2D! Please do yourself a favor and watch it. 

Oops, I forgot to mention The Iron Giant. Yeah, I love that too. I think I cried watching it the first time.

As a fan of 2D animation, this list is depressing. I just saw Mary and the Witch's Flower and I forgot how great it is to see hand drawn animation up on the big screen. I was floored from the opening scene. Now I am going to make a point in seeing any 2D animated films playing in Chicago, even that Digimon movie coming up lol