Dementeleus

BOT: The Revisiting! The Top 25 of 2012 -- DEADLINE HAS PASSED

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

is Looper worth interrupting 2 hours of today or tomorrow to watch?

Looper has one of the highest good movie/stupid premise ratio ever imo, you just need to go over how ridiculous the high concept is, a really good movie.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Looper has one of the highest good movie/stupid premise ratio ever imo, you just need to go over how ridiculous the high concept is, a really good movie.

I don't think the premise is that stupid, certainly not in the grand scheme of SF movies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I don't think the premise is that stupid, certainly not in the grand scheme of SF movies.

It could be that I didn't got it at all, but:

Spoiler

If you can trans time teleport back in time someone that you want dead on a precise location, why not simply  send it on a deadly location that would kill him rapidly instead of all the trouble of having a back in time contract killer you need pay ? I understood none of that logic, not that it matter much, when the movie is good the story does not matter that much to me.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

It could be that I didn't got it at all, but:

Hide contents

If you can trans time teleport back in time someone that you want dead on a precise location, why not simply  send it on a deadly location that would kill him rapidly instead of all the trouble of having a back in time contract killer you need pay ? I understood known of that logic, not that it matter much, when the movie is good the story does not matter that much to me.

Is "it" a drone or something? It's been a little while since I've seen the movie, but I felt it made sense to use someone who could react to all sorts of circumstances/situations, far moreso than some sort of robot or automatic system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

Hide contents

Is "it" a drone or something? It's been a little while since I've seen the movie, but I felt it made sense to use someone who could react to all sorts of circumstances/situations, far moreso than some sort of robot or automatic system.

No a syntax mistake, mean them.

More in the sense teleport them in a volcano/bottom of the ocean/etc..., it will be more reliable than a killer even if he can react. Someone said that probably the transport mechanism didn't knew before hand were it would land or some explanation like that, but by how exactly the person appear relative to the ground that sound too unlikely to be possible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

No a syntax mistake, mean them.

Like I said, it's been awhile since I've seen it but I don't remember them being able to specifically move the target to an actual location. Or do you mean send them a message to go somewhere dangerous? That seems like it would have a low success rate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Like I said, it's been awhile since I've seen it but I don't remember them being able to specifically move the target to an actual location. Or do you mean send them a message to go somewhere dangerous? That seems like it would have a low success rate.

Spoiler

Well they must have been able to move the target to an actual location at one point otherwise what are the chance for the location to be exactly on the ground (that is exceptional almost impossible for that to happen if it is a random were it would end up to be) instead of inside earth, ocean, space, or at least 100 feet in the air. Also the killer is waiting for the person to appear exactly where he will appear always on the same spot, a very convenient location without any witness and near a old factory where they can dispose of the body efficiently, making it look like it was chosen at some point. I could have simply miss it, I just saw the movie one time, but it made it look like it is designed like this from the killing company and that they choose it to be like that instead of making them simply appear in a deadly position and getting rid of all the issues just to have a movie about them.

But like I said, it does not matter at all or almost not at all, The Matrix premises also make no sense at all (human will never give nearly as much back in electricity energy than the energy used to feed them and keep them alive, who cares...)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Hide contents

Well they must have been able to move the target to an actual location at one point otherwise what are the chance for the location to be exactly on the ground (that is exceptional almost impossible for that to happen if it is a random were it would end up to be) instead of inside earth, ocean, space, or at least 100 feet in the air. Also the killer is waiting for the person to appear exactly where he will appear always on the same spot, a very convenient location without any witness and near a old factory where they can dispose of the body efficiently, making it look like it was chosen at some point. I could have simply miss it, I just saw the movie one time, but it made it look like it is designed like this from the killing company and that they choose it to be like that instead of making them simply appear in a deadly position and getting rid of all the issues just to have a movie about them.

But like I said, it does not matter at all or almost not at all, The Matrix premises also make no sense at all (human will never give nearly as much back in electricity energy than the energy used to feed them and keep them alive, who cares...)

Well,

if you're in the future you presumably have some ability (with your future tech) to track where your target was (generally speaking). You don't have the ability to force them to suddenly jump to a deadly location. So you send a hitman because in that universe there aren't robots with sentient AI or enough intelligence to truly react on their own. You rely on hitmen because crime organizations have relied on them for centuries -- I don't think it's a huge reach that they'd continue to do so.

• Like 1