CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Why would Thor 3 make 300mil after a so-so received movie that made 206mil? The Hulk is not Iron Man. If he were that big of a deal then the Incredible Hulk movie would have done much better. And please don't get on me about trailer views because Fifty Shades did not make 2 billion worldwide.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why would Thor 3 make 300mil after a so-so received movie that made 206mil? The Hulk is not Iron Man. If he were that big of a deal than the Incredible Hulk movie would have done much better. And please don't get on me about trailer views because Fifty Shades did not make 2 billion worldwide.

Hulk also had a bad movie and TIH was very mixed. MCU goodwill + Hulk + Doctor Strange + Hela + good reviews (in Taika I trust) can help the it up. Everytime I get this trailer it gets great reactions, when I went to see GV2 OW, it got better response than Jedi. I know Spider-Man isn't the best comparison but if Spidey can overcome 3 mixed to bad movies, I think Thor can overcome a so-so movie and a bad movie.

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Wai-ti-ti. Literally just spelled out how it sounds.

It always kind of rubs me the wrong way when people just give up trying to spell peoples names because they're in a different language. I know it's not anything malicious, but it just feels a little disrespectful.

Why titties?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Like I get that it looks cool and all but can they really make up for the Ill will that the previous solo films for the character have left people with

Look at Homecoming. And Spidey's reputation was more damaged than Thor.

1 minute ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

It won't be any more of a stretch than SMH making what it does this weekend through the use of Tony Stark in the movie.. RAGNAROK will have the HULK in it and like it or not he's a big draw that hasn't been seen since the end of AOU.. RAGNAROK is going to make HUGE $$$$$ Ethan so get used to it..

Hey I'm rooting for the film

Yes people love the Thor Ragnarok trailer more than the Last Jedi trailer 900 million domestic confirmed!

This is going to be Thor the Dark World all over again. I remember the wild over predictions for that movie.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Where's the proof that the Hulk is an Iron Man style draw?

Hulk alone isn't an Iron Man draw but Hulk and Doctor Strange in addition to an all star cast might help.

I want 111M OW for Ragnarok and a D.Strange multi to get it to 300M. I think that's doable.

I am very confident that the movie will be very good, and that'll be enough to keep it going alongside JL.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I removed Ragnarok from my stan list btw. Nothing against the film, but I made a vow to not stan for any superhero CBM's since that's too #casual

Black Panther better be an exception like Valerian.