Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 1 - PART I - Movie Submission - READ THE RULES IN POST 1!!!

The SCP Foundation

Director: James Wan

Composer: Atticus Ross

Genre: Horror / Sci-Fi / Anthology

Date: February 10th

Studio: Alpha Pictures

Format: Live-action, 2D

Budget: $45 million

Theaters: 3,414

MPAA Rating: R

Running Time: 124 minutes

Cast:

SCP-173

Daniel Kaluuya as Class-D

SCP-1981

Stanley Tucci as Dr. James Robinson

Édgar Ramírez as Arnold Rodriguez

Lee Pace as Ethan Tate

SCP-106

Oakes Fegley as Jason

Matthew Lillard as Bradley

Mädchen Amick as Laura

SCP-263

Fionnula Flanagan as Old Lady

Jason Sudeikis as the Host

SCP-2315

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Agent Washington

Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Thomas

Kath Soucie as Mom (voice)

SCP-701

David Thewlis as Gonzalo

Emma Thompson as Isabella

Matthew Goode as Antonio

John Bradley as Francisco

Mélanie Laurent as Alinda

Simon McBurney as Petruccio

Mark Feuerstein as Lodovico

Evanna Lynch as Beatrice

Plot: CLICK HERE

• Like 1

From the creators of STRANGER THINGS

SPARK

R I S I N G

"A star is born."

Writers/Directors: Matt and Ross Duffer

Genre: Sci-Fi/Action/Adventure

Release Date: July 14th

Major Cast: Sasha Lane (Alexandra Spark), Charlie Heaton (Kozar Alcana), Chiwetel Eijiofor (Ezen Baklattan), Michelle Pfeiffer (Agorava Naryani), Aubrey Plaza (Aera*), Matt Bomer (Qatav*), Octavia Spencer (Katherine Spark), Sam Rockwell (Everett Spark), Rinko Kikuchi (Neshianu), Laura Dern (Beatrice Powell) (*indicates voice performance)

Composer: Thomas Newman

Theater Count: 3,817

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action/violence and thematic material

Runtime: 141min (2hr, 21min)

Production Budget: $165 million

Spoiler

The film opens with a shot of the cosmos. We hear narration from a woman, explaining the vastness of the cosmos and how we couldn’t possibly alone. She touches on Drake’s Equation to explain the sheer possibility within our very galaxy. The camera zooms out and we see that it is a planetarium show. It is being narrated by the space museum’s director, Beatrice Powell, Children are watching the program with excitement and awe, as we see a young woman working the technical board of the show. It soon comes to an end, and the lights come up. We cut to children leaving the theatre, talking about the kinds of aliens they could imagine in the world, while Powell goes up to the young woman. “Smooth sailing today, Alex. You’re getting a good hang of this.” Alex tells her that it’s her passion, and that maybe she could be in the same role as her. “Perhaps, but maybe that’s what only part of you wants.” Alex says that she knows her secret, but there’s nothing she can do about it. She just has to blend in and be normal; it’s what her biological parents would have wanted. “Doesn’t what you want count for something?” Beatrice says. “Finish cleaning up the planetarium, and we can head home.” Alex agrees, as we see a shot of the two over the Chicago skyline. Alex happily goes back into the theatre and closes the door. She turns on the star again.

BLANK GLASS PICTURES PRESENTS

Suddenly, a glowing blue light comes from her hands. She begins creating bursts of energy around the room, all varying in color and acting in harmony with the presentation of the planetarium.

A FILM BY MATT AND ROSS DUFFER

She finds the trash left by the students, and lifts it in the air telekinetically. She swirls it all together into a trash can, as she continues to play with the lights, smiling radiantly. As she creates a giant blast of light, the screen goes white and the title card appears:

SPARK RISING

We cut to the last day of school on Alex’s junior year of high school, and she constantly tries to reach out to other students she knows, asking if they have plans for the summer. They either ignore her, or she backs out nervously after anyone responds. At lunch, she texts Beatrice, saying how she wants more hours at the space museum this summer. Beatrice is concerned, worried that she’s going to throw her summer away to work for her own foster mother. Alex denies it, but does mention that there’s a community service club that meets up often in the summer; maybe she can do that in her spare time, just so she’s doing more. Beatrice obliges, playfully cheering her on for joining a ragtag group of friends to save the day. That’s what she did when she was young, after all. Alex laughs. She gets home, an apartment building, later that night, and Beatrice tells her that they found another memento from her parents’ old house. It’s a small box with a VHS and an old flip phone in it. Alex doesn’t want to take it, returning her feelings about losing her parents. “I feel like I’m beginning to let go. They’re gone; I need to keep looking forward.” She asks Beatrice to put this in a place she can’t find it, and she reluctantly does so. However, she drops very explicit hints as to where she put it. Later that night, Alex cannot sleep. She goes under the bathroom sink and finds the box. She notes that Beatrice is an incredibly deep sleeper and could sleep through an atomic bomb.

She plays the VHS in her room: It’s a video of her and her parents, Everett and Katherine, playing with a 6-year old Alex. She is showing early signs of her powers, and a mysterious, vaguely human-like figure comes into the screen to look. The video cuts out after that, however. Alex looks at the screen with confusion, and she proceeds to turn on the phone. It begins to vibrate like crazy. Alex panics for a moment, covering it with a pillow. It then stops. Alex gives a sigh of relief, and looks through the messages. They’re all from her parents....and the most recent one was yesterday. They are begging to figure out how she is. They need to talk to her. Suddenly, it rings. Alex is quietly horrified, but she answers. The signal is highly muffled, but a few words are made out, resembling her voice “-----damn it!------Alex!----That was the cue-----the rooftop!” but it shutters. Alex runs to the roof of her apartment and finds a dark opening from the cloud above. A ship comes down and targets Alex. “Alexandra Spark!” a voice calls out. Alex begins running back in, horrified. She runs through the apartment hallways as she sees three armored aliens, all bipedal with chrome, pointed armor, breaking through the ceiling and eyeing her. She rubs her hands together to make energy, but struggles at first, but she manages to get it before she is caught, running into an adjacent apartment.

She hides inside the bathroom, slamming the door. She gives a heavy sigh, and blasts the floor by the toilet. She falls two floors and stumbles out of the bathroom. A group of people is up doing a late night study session, and they glare at her. She awkwardly steps out through the front door of the apartment. She runs back out, and creates a path under the overground L train. She finds that they’re getting back on the ship, and becomes horrified. Just as the armored aliens get back into the ship and dive down to grab Alex, another alien in a flying motorcycle-like device grabs her. Alex begins screaming in horror, but the alien says “Don’t worry - I’m on your side. But man, you are SO SO lucky I made it here on time. Who knows what those guys were gonna do.” Alex demands an explanation, all while telling him to watch out for the train. “Thanks for the help. Now, where was Aera gonna meet us. I told her to find a nice place, touristy’s okay, preferably tall, sloped.” Alex yells, “Hancock.” The alien realizes it would be perfect, but they are about to hit it. The alien shifts gears and dodges blasts from the alien ship as he cycles up the tower. “So how are we meeting your friend?” Alex asks. “Like this.” As they reach the top, Kozar grabs Alex and flips off the bike, which falls back and provides a direct hit to the alien ship, which comes crashing down. Alex and the alien find themselves floating in midair, inadvertently caused by Alex’s telekinetic power used on themselves. Alex, hovering above the Chicago skyline, seeing people below look up, screams. “Explain this, now!” The alien insists he will, once his friend shows up in three, two, one....another ship appears below them, and they slip in and move towards the outer edge of Earth.

“I’ll just go on record of saying, you’d be dead without her magic space pixie dust powers.” A wheel like creature (think Whirlipede from Pokemon) comes up. She prompts Alex to shake one of her Antenna, but Alex just gives a look of utterly lost confusion. She mouths “What the hell?” to the other alien, but the wheel alien rolls her eyes. “Uh...name’s Aera. Haven’t you met an alien before? Or do you just hate my guts?” Alex gets defensive, but Aera won’t buy it. “Fight me. Seriously, right here. I saved your life. Be grateful!” The original alien speaks up. “Okay, Aera, give her a break. It’s been a long, eventful....uh....75 minutes for her. By the way, let me introduce myself.” The Alien removes his helmet. He is a blue skinned, vaguely wolf-life (not uncanny valley but not into furry territory) alien wearing grunge-y style clothes. “Kozar Alcana. Wannabe hero. Galactic archivist. Information broker.” Alcana explains that they can talk more once they’re into the stratosphere. “It’s gonna be a long ride, so hang on. Might wanna look out the window first.” Alex does, and is amazed by the vastness of space and the wonders of the cosmos.

Alex then snaps back to reality, and demands an explanation of everything. She admits that it’s awesome, but she’s beyond terrified and confused. She does hypothesize it having to do with her powers (indicated by her making blue sparks with a hand gesture). “Indeed. You see, we’re in big trouble. The galaxy is threatened by the Infinites.” (Alex forms the shape of the soldiers they ran from, and Kozar affirms that it’s them) “You’ve been said to have their powers, and me being a dignified but reckless explorer, I had base around Earth and found a good time to talk to you. And I saved your life.” Alex slaps him, saying that he basically stalked her. “That isn’t completely inaccurate, but....let’s just say I’m not the only one.” Alex knows that at this point, she can’t go back to Earth, so she reluctantly agrees to join him. She’s not sure she can take on an entire army, but she’s just happy to have a change of pace. She does wonder what happens when people notice she’s gone, however. We cut back to Earth, and the fallen spaceship vanishes in a blast of distorted light: Everyone’s memory is erased, and one of the aliens transforms into Alex, returning home and going to bed.

Kozar, Aera, and Alex arrive at a planet that looks like the base of a rocky, desolate moon. Alex is confused as to why they are stopping, but Kozar tells her to wait a sec. He goes to a rock and kicks it in a certain manner, while Aera rolls up and leaps onto it. Suddenly, an elevator comes up from below! The three step in, and Kozar is excited for Alex to see what’s next. As they go down, they see a vast, colorful city of the future: Celestial Haven, the capitol of the galactic government, The Celestial Alliance. Alex is struggling to wrap her head around the diversity of alien life and living structures, and says that she hopes he has some kind of apartment. They indeed arrive at Kozar’s apartment in the low-rent reaches of the city. Aera tells her no to worry, as she’s been through this area plenty of times. A homeless alien looks for some food, and Aera confronts him intensely. Kozar literally picks her up and walks away, apologizing profusely. The alien then looks at Alex, who sheepishly waves at him and throws a US dollar. They arrive at his apartment, and Alex finds nearly a billion names on his apartment registry. Kozar says that there’s one surprise left, and Alex guesses that at this rate, an entire civilization lives in one of his apartment’s bedrooms.

“NEW GODDESS! NEW GODDESS! THE TYRANNICAL WHEEL IS OVERTHROWN!!” A group of tiny, adorable aliens, all a millimeter all, stand in a world constructed from cardboard drawings and toys that fill an entire bedroom. We see Alex, Kozar, and Aera outside the room, while Kozar admits that she’s getting good at this. “AN OFFERING TO THE GOD!” They announce as they give Kozar a rent check (It takes nearly 100 men to deliver it to them). Alex sees this and says she can just pick it up, but she almost steps on them, profusely apologizing. She eventually walks to the couch in the living room and crashes instantly. “I love and hate this at once. I’m going to bed.” Alex says, losing all strength. Kozar gets a blanket and covers her. Aera then approaches her, “She’s definitely taking this better than I imagined, admittedly, but I’m the true goddess. Someone oughta remind those guys. Kozar chuckes, telling her that he hopes she can save the world. “There’s a lot of people who need a hero right now, and she could fit the bill. And imagine us standing right there with her. No one saves the world alone, after all.” Kozar smiles, looking out at his balcony, then turning back to look at Alex. “Get some rest, tomorrow’s gonna be big.”

Meanwhile, we see a heavily modern and polygonal, chrome-colored based with transparent walls looking out into space. Outside the windows, a planet designed in an art-deco sense is in ruins, with civilians being cast off by armored aliens. Aliens resembling the ones that chased Alex before are seen walking and planning something. One agent reports. Her name is Neshianu. She regrets to report to her leader that Alex had escaped, and that they will need to investigate Celestial Haven to find her. Her boss, stepping out of the shadows and wearing a glass, mirrored cape, steps forward. Qatav, leader of the Infinites. "I've seen her. She won’t last a day in Celestial Haven. She’ll be figured out, and they’ll eat her alive. Security will be intense, but we may not have to lift a finger to lure her out. She’s making this way too easy.” He then turns around and places a finger on his cape, sending out a telepathic signal to all Infinites. “The Celestial Bearer is now in Haven. Find her, and bring her to me, alive. She is the key to fulfilling our purpose, and our destiny. A path we have no choice but to make. She must survive.”

The next morning, Alex wakes up in Kozar’s apartment, turning to look outside the window. The city begins to come alive in the daytime, bustling with diverse life and color. The camera pans through the city and returns to Kozar, asking Alex if she wants any coffee. A confused Alex asks how they know what it is; Kozar reveals that the rest of the galaxy had found some of Earth’s ideas interesting particularly their love of coffee. It actually became the number one export in one world. Alex jokes that the places on Earth will have competition - she tries some coffee, much to Kozar’s excitement, and she makes a forced grin. She steps into the bathroom and spits the disgusting coffee out. Kozar then asks if she wants to hit the city with her; but she’ll have to wear a large cloak that covers her face. Alex does a double take, but admit that she’s not in a place to ask for much. Aera says she’ll see for herself why.

They step out and tour the city, filled with aliens of different styles, ranging from humanoids with varied skin types and different skin colors to truly mysterious, gigantic creatures. Much of the buildings are grouped together on large, circular discs floating far above the ground all powered by a gravity generator, while a screen is used to simulate a sky. Kozar admits he learned how to work the gravity machines, gravinators, as a prank, they all have similar controls and were easy to access if you had the password look (he does - it was a long story involving authorities) Kozar, in a humorous montage, explains everything she needs to know about this world, which leads to them arriving in the main square of the city, home of a large commercial district and near the entrance to the Celestial Alliance headquarters, located a layer above the asteroid. It is a grandiose atrium, heavily guarded and with several security checkpoints, but still makes for a fun tourist attraction. Alex says that she probably doesn’t need to see Times Square - it’ll pale in comparison to this. After looking at some of the screens, she sees a movie trailer: A very hastily made movie about a hero sent to save the galaxy: The Celestial Bearer, complete with a striking resemblance to Alex yet is clearly an alien with dyed skin. (Rihanna makes a cameo as the actress playing Alex)

Alex looks to Kozar, who admits that people are dying to see this movie - it’s set to break all records at the box office by a longshot - a record set by the previous 8 installments each. Alex, feeling a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed, begins backing away nervously, but bumps into a large, blobby alien, and her cloak gets stuck to it. Falling forward, she is exposed, and all eyes turn to her. Alex nods to Kozar and Aera, saying that she sees their point, but everyone wants an autograph. Alex begins to panic out of anxiety, but news reports soon circulate that a bomb had been discovered in a nearby building. Kozar motions to Alex that now’s a chance to see what she can do. Alex gets nervous, but Kozar persuades her to find the building and save it. She reluctantly agrees. Meanwhile, Aera aggressively circules around the fans and creates a path of the three to get to the building. Alex worries they won’t make it, but Aera says to grab one of her antenna - Kozar should grab the other. She speeds off a massive velocity, jumping across the discs holding the buildings up and scaling rooftops easily. She slows down perfectly, as Alex feels nauseous from the unexpected trip. “She’s stronger than she looks, Kozar says”

Alex sees people fleeing the building, and she uses her powers to create a path above the crowds running out using some fallen window panes. She soon finds herself with police officers trying to find the bomb - as well as a few aliens trapped inside. After nearly giving up, she finds it in the women’s restroom, a bit more surrealy shaped compared to a human restroom. “Great! Just gotta find a way to make sure this doesn’t go off.” “Don’t even try it” - She turns around to see a band of criminal aliens pointing a gun at her. “Come with us, and the bomb is turned off.” Alex demands that no one get hurt, especially Kozar, but they cannot guarantee it. Kozar comes in and manages to fight them off using a staff made of electric power, while Aera rams into the others. Aera jokingly berates Kozar for being in the Women’s room, but he says that they should be more mad about what’s outside the room: more soldiers, ready to kill.

Alex runs away with the bomb, but they open fire on Kozar and Alex, who are taking cover. Alex, realizing they don’t want to hurt her, but that her new friends are in trouble, steps in. In a single shot fight, combining fast and slow motion, Alex begins practicing to use energy blasts (this time, it is organge rather than blue) to sweep the enemy off of its feet, eventually getting to Kozar and Aera, who team up to take down the final few. Note that Alex uses her powers in a more defensive manner here, protecting herself and her allies. As the enemy comes back in, they realize the bomb is going off in a few seconds. Alex manages to create a circle of energy around the bomb, praying it works. As the enemy begins its charge, the bomb detonates, containing its energy inside the circle, but with a leak big enough to blow the rest of the criminals away. As the smoke clears, the three look out a window and hear cheering. Alex smiles with excitement. She begins talking about all of the awesome maneuvers she pulled, admittedly with years of practice, but admit that she’s talking too much about herself and should probably stop. Kozar tells her that it’s okay, and she doesn’t have to worry. However, an alien wearing a suit approaches them, congratulating them on their efforts, and noting that a ship is ready for them. An alien by the name of Senator Ezen Baklattan had requested a meeting with them.

We cut to a political commercial, promoting Ezen Baklattan for his candidacy for Interstellar President of the Celestial Alliance. He discusses how every alien has the chance to do something good - they just need to be given a powerful chance to do so. He is a very lizard-like appearing Alien, with a navy blue suit and green/purple-ish, scaly skin. The commercial zooms out to Kozar and Alex watching a commercial on Kozar’s Hologram Device. Kozar geeks out about the awesome things he has done, and how meeting  Alex really was the best thing to happen to my life. Alex admits that she’s worried about another fan attack, but with the massive armada of guards following her, almost comically large, she sheepishly gets back into formation as she goes through the checkpoints. Eventually, they reach a series of ten tubes, all in a circle. Alex approaches them, asking when they’ll arrive. “Those aren’t elevators,” A guard says. “Step in.” Alex steps in, and begins to panic when the particles in her arms begins to fade. “Don’t panic, it’s all part of the process.” “Process?” Alex begins to fade completely as her particles enter the beam of light in the center of the room. She materlizes in a busy atrium where aliens of all different races, all in suits, are hustling around the space. Kozar and Aera soon arrive. “Welcome to the Celestial Alliance. Please follow me.”

They walk through several departments, eventually reaching Baklattan’s office. He works closely with his long time friend and associate, Senator Agorava Naryani, an alien with vaguely humanlike features but pointed ears to the side, crystallized hair, and an indescript nose. “Miss Spark, and associates, it’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Senator Naryani - Baklattan is finishing up a meeting and will be here, but know that he, as well as myself, could not be happier to have you here. The stunt you pulled in the Aerithes Building was quite extraordinary”. Alex returns the favor of her gratitude. Kozar hypothesizes that they need their help in the fight against the Infinites, but Naryani kindly, yet bluntly, states that she just wants Alex.

Kozar and Alex look at each other in a state of shock, while Aera just comically glares at Naryani. “Look, I know it’s not news you want to hear, but these guys have the same powers Alex has with far more training - you’ll get killed. I’ll still make sure you get recognized for your actions in Aerithes. Besides, Kozar, I know you stole the gravinator codes, you’re still wanted for that, you know.” Kozar, acknowledging that he did his part, begins to walk out. Alex thanks Kozar for her help, but leads to trying to convince the two to let them join. (This occurs as they slowly walk out the door) “You heard our guest of honor, let them come.” We hear the voice down the hall - it’s Baklattans. Kozar begins silently geeking out, and Alex just looks on blankly, comically juxtaposed with Kozar’s reaction. Baklattan introduces himself to the others, and promptly guides them to the invisible spaceport on the asteroid coating’s surface. “It’s time to take off.”

As they go up to the massive spaceport led by a gigantic spaceship, The Goliath, the primary ship for the Celestial Alliance Army and crucial diplomatic missions. Naryani wants to know if Baklattan knows what he is doing, to which he silently admits that they’ll start the them off small - they need a hell of a lot o training to have any chance. As they board the ship, Alex and her friends are looked at in awe (well, mainly just at Alex - Kozar jokingly misinterprets this) while Alex feels anxious and nervous at the high expectations thrown at her. Alex asks a question about her parents, pointing out the phone, but Baklattan deliberately, if unsubtly, dodges the question. After the tour ends, Baklattan explains that now may be the perfect time to train. “I’ve used these powers for years - granted, that building was the first time I used them against others, but - “ Baklattan interrupts, clapping three times. A door opens, and he coaxes Alex inside. The door closes and Alex is alone - a faint red glow lines the walls and floor. Suddenly, the room lights up to reveal a purple, holographic city. Ezen appears in the form of a hologram.

“Okay, can we wait before a little nap to begin training?” Alex asks pleadingly. “We need to take the time we can get now. We don’t know when their next attack will be, and we need you up to speed. Kozar and Aera are doing their own basic training - they have promising finess, but you naturally require....special training. I don’t even know the full extent of your power - maybe no one on our side does.” Alex is doubtful, and Ezen dodges the reply and introduces a holographic army, modeled with similar powers to her, but slightly different. “This was the best we could recreate. You will not be harmed - well, seriously - in this training field, but it will mimic the experience of real life battle with strong accuracy. Good luck.” The aliens come around, and Alex throws a few energy blasts, all colored in red, but they dodge it easily. Alex begins to get hit easily. After throwing more blasts of orange to red coloring, she continues to give it, eventually passing out. The room’s lights turn on, and Baklattan walks in to help her up: “Hmmm....guess you were right about the nap.”

She is escorted to her quarters, a nice, quaint bedroom. Kozar is humorously jealous at the living condition. She thanks Baklattan for the escort and goes in. Before resting, she pulls out a device and looks at videos of her and her parents, wanting to know she belonged to something once, and that things will soon be right again. She notices Beatrice in some of the videos, being good friends with her parents. Alex comments to herself that it’s pretty impressive WiFi is a galaxy-wide thing. The phone from earlier rings, and her mom texts, “You’ve made it far. Stay strong. I love you” She tries to text back to thank her and ask about dad, but the phone doesn’t work. She smiles either way at the texts, falling to sleep peacefully. We cut to the next day at lunchtime.

As they dine in the mess hall, Alex is approached by several aliens about what life on Earth is like, ranging from mundane (What kinds of food do you eat?) to ridiculous (How often do Earthlings cry on a daily basis?) That’s all on top of the special meal for the day - a phenomenal Earth delicacy that only the alien upper classes used to consume: PB&J sandwiches. Alex smiles at the familiarity of the dish, but somewhat begrudgingly tries some....less tasty looking alien side dishes. Moreover, she soon finds out that the water filtered by the ship had not been tested for humans yet, and without a filter, it is functionally similar to human alcohol. A “drunk” Alex begins telling comical stories about Earth, referencing popular movies and stars. She eventually gets sick and returns to her quarters, also stressed by all of the frequent and forced interaction. Kozar steps in and apologizes for the craziness, telling him about his crazy training regimen, and asks if she had to deal with anything like that on Earth. The begin to walk and talk, upon Alex’s request, arriving at the atrium. Alex confesses to having to hide her powers, and how her life felt grey without them. Suddenly, an alarm sirens through the ship, and Baklattan and Naryani run into the atrium - “Alex. We need your help big time.”

The ship has navigated into a massive meteor belt accidentally, and need all of the weapon systems online. Moreover, they need Alex as weapons support, to see if she can help taking down weapons. Alex refuses after her humiliation in the fight, but Baklattan insists that the same people who laughed at her utterly need her to save their lives. “You got this.” Baklattan says. Alex is guided to the exterior of the ship’s roof, given a suit to stick to the outside of the ship. Kozar and Aera watch as she goes up. “They put us on weapon duty - you sure you’re going to be okay up there?” “I don’t have a choice, Kozar. But whatever happens, thanks again for all of your help in this journey. You’ve been an awesome friend.” Kozar smiles, worrying about Alex. “I bet you 1000 Points she lives. Either she lives or you’re richer - win win!” Aera says, much to Kozar’s annoyment. Alex steps out, walking a bit clumsily at first, but gaining balance towards the front of the ship. The meteors arrive.

The weapons begin taking out the first few as Alex looks on nervously, but they begin to get overpowered. Alex begins to calm down, thinking about her interactions with Kozar and Aera, as well as Beatrice. She closes her eyes, smiles, and says to herself “This is who I can be.” She opens them again, and begins blasting the asteroids easily, creating explosions of color. The choreography and camera angles are similar to the planetarium scene at the beginning, as a major commotion occurs within the ship that the asteroids are being destroyed. Eventually, she gets tired out at the end, but the weapon systems are back in full control to wipe out the last few. Alex, feeling guilty over her failure at the end, steps back into the ship. Naryani is there to greet her. “Alex, I must say, we’re impressed.” After returning to the atrium, the others cheer for her. Naryani says that she has been trained well, and that she needs to have a little talk with Baklattan. Meanwhile, they will stop for fuel soon and allow the soldiers to enter a temporary shore leave. There is a supposed strike on a nearby planet happening by the Infinites. Naryani walks to Baklattan, feeling angry. “What were you thinking? Looking at navigation reports, it seemed we intentionally went into the asteroid belt. Do you know anything about this?” Baklattan turns around and sighs - “Look, it’s true. The turn was intentional. We just had asteroid proofing installed, which we could turn on at any time. There was never any true danger. But now, Alex sees her potential, and knows how to fight.” Naryani sighs, and tells him not to pull a stunt like this again.

As the crew relaxes in a desolate bar on the refueling planet, Aera gets very lively, telling them at Alex and Kozar are the best friends she ever had, and orders a toast. Alex tries drinking their alcohol and feels absolutely nothing. Kozar then invites her out in private, assuring that Aera keeps the others at bay. They are alone on the desert-esque planet under a radiant, starry sky. Alex thinks its beautiful, while Kozar admits it’s nice to finally see the true sky for once, detailing how the asteroid coating on Celestial Haven was to keep enemies out - It’s kept us safe, but isolated. Moreover, in an animated flashback a la A Monster Calls/Half Blood Prince, we find out that Kozar’s home planet was attacked first by the Infinites, and he lost his entire family. He and Aera were both relocated to Celestial Haven as refugees, and it was hard at first. Everyone thought he was just a freeloader or a charity case. “Maybe that’s why I had been so adamant about trying to save the world. I began reading up on all the news I could find, and, well, I sort of became obsessed with you. I knew if I could find you, we could save the galaxy.” Kozar says.”Ugh, I made you seem like just some weapon. God, I suck at words.” Alex says it’s okay, he can go on. Kozar then reveals one more thing she knows about her. This was her favorite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20

Alex is a bit shocked at first, but smiles. At the chorus, she begins to sing along. Skipping ahead a bit, Alex and Kozar embrace at 2:19 in the video. They smile at each other, knowing simply that they were the spark of something amazing in each of their lives. It was getting late, and they knew they had to go back. As they leave, Alex stays behind and overhears some conversations. The crew thinks Alex is a destructive weapon and will destroy the Infinites, and how they’re nothing but a bunch of savage monsters. Alex feels a little uneasy, but shakes it off and returns to the ship. At the entrance, Naryani meets her. “How was your jaunt?” She asks. Alex says it was fine, but asks if she needs to talk. “We don’t need to, of course, unless you want more information about this.” Inexplicably, the phone appears in Naryani’s hand. Alex gasps, asking why she’s doing this. “You’ve been here for some time, and you’ve proven yourself an ally. It’s time you knew the truth about the ones you thought were allies as well.”

Naryani guides Alex to a large records room, lined with geometric, symmetrical bookcases and computers. “Truth is, I knew Everett and Katherine well. She was a dreamer, and he was the smartest man I’d met from your planet. I met them through the Celestial Alliance’s Integration Studies Program, introducing new species to our system through mutual research and exploration. We chose them almost randomly through our search of Earth, their love for one another made it easy.” “So I wasn’t the first human to see.....all of this? And the first two were -- ?! My god.” Alex asks. “Indeed. Third place isn’t bad, though.” Alex then asks what happened, and where are they. Naryani walks them to a large monitor with multiple panels. “See for yourself.” We see video footage of Alex’s parents meeting Baklattan and Naryani. The purpose of their research is somewhat unclear, but we soon see footage of Everett and Baklattan fighting, Everett being particularly aggressive and spiteful, while Katherine tries to break it up. We then see Baklattan seemingly shooting them in cold blood, but the reaction cuts away to Alex’s face of anguish and horror. “I don’t understand...the texts. The messages.” Naryani explains that it was all Baklattan playing games with her. She apologizes about this truth. “There is a way to make this right,” Naryani adds. “Baklattan wants to destroy the Infinites, but I believe there can be peace. How much do you even know about them?” Alex doesn’t know much. “Exactly.” She is confident in her abilities, and makes a promise. She will be hailed as a galactic hero, and her parents will receive a galaxy wide honor, if she kills Baklattan. Alex hesitates, but Naryani promises that playing nice and dragging her feet got her nowhere - it’s time to stick up for what’s right. Alex nods.

In the next brief seen, Qatav is seen planning his attack on the next planet, this time showing his full armada. “It is time for us to step closer to our grand purpose.” Neshianu, feeling uneasy, wants clarification as to what this purpose is. “I feel the urge to fight, to conquer, but I don’t know why. Perhaps you know, leader.” Qatav looks to the stars, casting a display of races across the galaxy. “Our grandmaster has exposed us to the selfishness and cruelty of the world. They saw, they see us as monsters. They fight brutal wars to ensure their primitive ways. I....I am not sure if I believe this, but I know that the grandmaster has told us this. We must oblige. But.....I’m not sure if I -- “ suddenly, a shrill sound appears, and Qatav winces in pain, collapsing. He gets back up, initiating the strike.

They soon arrive at the planet, an icy world with silver, steel skyscrapers and yeti-like inhabitants. Baklattan gives a speech to everyone, saying how this could be the chance to set things right. They need to focus on defense and protecting civilians. “Despite their size, they can be pretty shy and unconfrontational. Keep them safe, and suit up. It’s very cold out there. And Alexandra - at the core of each Federation planet is a core that can be used on extreme emergencies to order a massive strike on all threats. If you can get down there and set it, we should be able to scare the Infinites away.” He will meet Alex at the core, making her all the more nervous. The fleet soon touches the ground, but the Infinite ships soon arrive. An epic battle is geared up to take place, but Kozar and Aera, all in heavy winter clothing fit for battle, cannot see the enemy, nor can the others. Aera jokes about finding a Gravinator, much to Kozar’s annoyance. Kozar begins walking around the base of the tower, and an Infinite jumps out of the snow. The ambush has begun.

Alex, still on the ship, is guided by Baklattan’s voice to find her way to the core. She jumps out of the ship and uses her powers to stay afloat and fall more slowly. She can’t fully fly, but she can use the other ships as stepping stones on the way to the ground, also blasting away enemies easily. She eventually lands safetly, and is guided through the city into an apartment at one of the skyscrapers. Alex is in the hall to the apartment, but is stopped by a baby-yeti like monster, who sees her as an adorable toy. Alex, in a move of wit, creates a chain of magical power bubbles to distract the baby while she slips away. She also brings him back to his parents’ apartment, locking the door tightly. The entrance to the core is in an abandoned and inconspicuous apartment. The fridge leads to a massive spiral staircase - Alex, deciding not to waste time, jumps down the center, using a blast of energy as a parachute. She runs through several hallways upon unfortunately finding that several Infinites are there. We see her fight in conjunction with Kozar and Aera above land, the latter using several elaborate and intense gun tricks. The infinite powers are too strong at first, but she is able to persevere. She is able to make it to the core, a large, freezing room with a centralized control pad. Baklattan arrives, making Alex all the more nervous.

“I’ve been following you - thanks for clearing the path. Now’s the time to shine.” As Baklattan enters the controls, Alex begins flashing back to what Naryani said, as well as the videos and texts from her parents, revealing the screams in their final moments, as well as the insults from being pathetic and the praise for being a superweapon from the crew. In a moment of panic, her eyes glow blood red, and she fires a brutal blast at Baklattan, nearly killing him and knocking him onto the control panel. Alex begins to panic, running toward him and seeing him unconscious. Meanwhile, heavy casualties on the Celestial Alliance side are had on top. Kozar runs down to check on Alex, along with Aera. They are shocked upon seeing Baklattan’s body, demanding an explanation. Alex tries to explain, but begins to panic. Kozar approaches her, trying to help her relax, but she pushes him away, creating a blast that seriously injures his arm. Aera, for the first time, is legitimately terrified, and begins wheeling away, seemingly making a signal. More and more soldiers roll in and place their guns at a horrified Alex, who stands down. The three are taken back to the ship. On the shuttle up, Alex tries to talk to Kozar, who refuses. He is weakly angry and heartbroken. “You really were one of them after all. Baklattan was going to set things right; how could you do this?” Alex says nothing.

As they arrive, most of the crew and Naryani are there to confront her. Naryani is heavily accusatory, pushing Alex to a stance of weakness and showing no sign of sympathy. Alex surrenders, admitting she attacked Baklattan. The others gasp and begin backing away. Naryani orders two officers to take Baklattan’s body, but after the huge disconnect in how she was acting last night versus now, she stops them. Kozar tells her to stand down, while Aera continues to hide. “This mission, all of this...it doesn’t feel right. There’s something going on here.” Anger and distrust circles toward Alex. “But...that’s not important. Keep him safe, Naryani. He’s still breathing.” Alex finally says. After a pause and a mixed message from her, Alex swipes the body and runs away. After a chase through the ship, she escapes in a sub-deck ship, countering fire from the Vanugard’s officers. She knows that she must leave. After they realize she’s gotten away, Naryani orders a meeting. “We’re still close to defeating the Infinites. We activated the controls on the planet’s defense mechanisms amidst everything, and we were able to find more intel on their next moves. We can mobilize the entire galactic fleet and wipe them out. Alex was a traitor, yes, but that will be nipped in the bud soon. What’s important is that we move forward. With Baklattan gone, I am taking full control of this operation. We shall be victorious”

We soon see Alex navigating through deep space, eventually landing at where to go. We eventually see her run out of fuel and crash onto a grassland covered planet. She uses her powers to cushion the blow. She becomes unconscious temporarily l, having visions of a scientific facility on fire as a child cries, but she wakes up soon after. It is sunset in this world, and as Alex steps out to look for something, be it a civilization or some sign of life, she tries turning on the radio back on the ship. Apparently the galaxy has turned against Alex for going rogue and attacking allies. We see her fall into the tall grass as the sun sets, crying into the ground, hidden amongst the grass. She then runs for a nearby cliff, trying to find anything, but the overlook is nothing but green fields. For the first time, she is truly alone and hopeless. She then sees a ship come in from the sky, much as in the scene on her Chicago rooftop. It is the same ship, however, led by the same Infinite officer. However, Alex does nothing, and the ship comes toward her. We see her get on her knees and hold her hands up as she leaves. Neshianu steps out and walks toward Alex. After a moment of tension, she asks, “Are you okay? Is he?”

Alex is confused, “weren’t you the same person who tried to kill me a few days ago?” Neshianu asserts that not all Infinites look alike, and that she’s mildly offended. They need to get Baklattan and return to their base, where they will be healed. “Baklattan would be back to his former self in potentially one or two days. Not that it would be enough, though. We need to move now.” They take off and arrive at another planet with a large network of skyscrapers. As they fly, Neshianu tells them that she simply followed Alex around secretly after everything happened. “What is it with people and stalking me? This is gonna be in my memoir.” Alex says, lightly chuckling. They arrive at the center, and looking inside, it is a sanctuary. We see unarmored Infinites, and they look resoundingly like normal aliens, just with grey skin tones, black eyes with blue pupils, and other factors. They are interacting and befriending normal aliens in this sanctuary. “They were built to fight, but here, with our syntactic barrier system and off-the-grid location, they can be safe, and they can be uninhibited. They might even look familiar.” Neshianu takes off her armor, revealing an appearance of a species similar to Kozar. “Before you ask, no, we’re not related.” Alex smiles. Neshianu then wants her to meet the head of this facility, as she’s been dying to meet her for so long. Alex asks if she looks okay, to which Neshianu tells her not to worry. She also explains that Baklattan was sent to the medical wing one building over. “For now, just worry about talking to the overseer here.” They enter a long, transparent, mid-air hallway connecting two buildings. The other door opens, and we see a woman with two guards. She is on the phone, seemingly frustrated. She then turns to Alex and Neshianu and goes silent, dropping the phone. “Katherine, she’s here.”

A pause occurs. Katherine stands there, beginning to tear up. Alex begins to slowly step forward, and Katherine runs to hug her daughter, beginning to sob. Their hug lines up with the sun hitting the bridge. “It’s been so long....ten years. The day we left you, I’m so sorry. We have so much to share.” Katherine says through her tears. Alex looks at her and smiles, tearing up also. “I’m just happy to be with you again. I thought you were lost. Naryani told me you were dead.” She rolls her eyes, telling her that she will whip up some hot cocoa and prepare a seat for her. With all the time gone, she owes her an explanation of everything. They go to a suite upstairs to sit under the sky, while explaining how Neshianu had been a double agent - She was meant to retrieve Alex once the phone turned on at Earth, but she panicked when other Infinite agents stole the call first. “It was lucky that Kozar arrived, but the Infinites having telepathic communication with one another does get tiresome.” “Telepathy?” Alex exclaims. “We’re getting ahead of ourselves. Alex, it’s time you knew the truth.”

*THIS NEXT SCENE IS ANIMATED A LA THE STORIES IN A MONSTER CALLS AND THE TALE OF THE THREE BROTHERS IN HARRY POTTER*

“What you heard was true - me and my husband were the first humans chosen to study with aliens. We met Baklattan and Naryani there, and we were working on a special project, one that crossed several scientific - and ethical - grounds. A new army of powerful super soldiers with powers unlike the world had seen. We were blown away, thinking that it could mean a new era of protection for the world, but I knew deep down that something could go wrong if this power fell into the wrong hands. But Everett longed to be known, to belong to something. He was desperate to leave a mark of the world, so he kept working with Naryani. My concerns grew once we figured out that infinites would be created by experimenting on live aliens. So many became horrifying creations, some died right away. The guilt I had bloomed heavily, but Everett kept pushing. It was then that Baklattan shared my concern, and I began to realize that he had an amazing, inspired vision for the future, one that wanted to run away from all of this. With Everett obsessed with this project, he cared for me more than he ever did since we began.”

“We would return to Earth often, living our lives in secret - and in this time, I had you. We worked hard to care for you and give you love, but Everett had other plans. Naryani and he would talk for hours. They shared ambition, they shared their beliefs, and they....they stole you. They had finally perfected a way to give people powers in a painless way retaining their physical form. You were the first, and only success. On your 7th birthday, they wanted to run tests on you, but you got scared, and everyone ran loose. The facilities were destroyed - thankfully, no one was killed, but the experiment was finally put on hold. But Naryani still had the Infinites under her control. She wanted to use them all to destroy our world and start anew....Everett embraced her ideas. And they did all of this....the man I once loved did all of this. I haven’t seen him at all, and I’m not even sure Naryani has. We haven’t spoken in years. But that’s not important. I had to get you out as soon as I could - I wiped your memory of space, of us, and sent you with Beatrice, an old college friend. I knew as time went on, the threat became too big, and I thought you could save them. I sent the package to Beatrice and hoped you would save the galaxy. And it may not be too late.”

*BACK TO NORMAL*

Alex is speechless. “I was designed as a weapon? My dad is an omnicidal maniac? Is....is he even my dad?” Katherine looks at her, apologizing once again. “No, I can process this all later. What matters now is that my friends are about to join a ruthless, cruel war. I need to save this world, this galaxy. Please, help me out.” Neshianu and Katherine smile. We then cut back to the Vanguard, where Kozar’s arm is healing. Naryani checks up on him, praying for a quick recovery, and saying that she needed you from the start to keep Alex in line and introduce her to this world. “You may have failed, but you put on a valiant effort. We begin our next, and perhaps final strike in 46 hours. I will begin my call to the Alliance leaders to mobilize. Report to me afterwards.” Naryani leaves, as Kozar sits in silence. Aera is there as well, “Wait a minute....she said that she just needed Alex at the start....” We then see Naryani call in all the leaders, all on hundreds of small screens, and they mobilize a massive pursuit, while she then plans an attack privately, noticeably setting up the alliance to fail miserably. We then reveal that several leaders and politicians are collaborating with Naryani and know her plan. “Here is to the next stage of our grand evolution, as well as our last.”

Back at the base, Alex begins making a plan, but is struggling. Baklattan is eventually wheelchaired in having healed incredibly fast, realizing that Katherine probably told her everything. Alex was just happy to see Baklattan recover so quickly, knowing that he can come up with an amazing plan. Baklattan was actually hoping to see what Alex would come up with. She grimaces, but soon finds an idea. “The key is to stop Naryani. If we can get to a cease fire, it’ll be enough to subdue her. We’ll need the telepathic abilities of the infinites and....wait a sec. Aren’t I an infinite too? I can’t read your mind!!!” Neshianu tells her that it takes a lot of practice, but she can read Alex’s. “Does Kozar hate me? I hope not - I was just starting to find him hot! Stay focused, we have to win this. Neshianu stop reading my damn mind!” Neshianu chuckles as Alex rolls her eyes. She walks into an atrium with Neshianu, Baklattan, and Katherine, and everyone looks to her for a plan. Back on track, Alex realizes she has to get to the Infinite’s ships, and she’ll need to connect to Qatav, who had been the very first experiment. Katherine would come to the Alliance ship, along with Baklattan. “I still need a wheelchair, but they’ll be quite surprised.”

We see two Rallying speeches in tandem, one given by Alex, and the other given by Naryani. They cut back and forth, but we notice that Alex is giving a message of hope and pursuing a better future of justice, while Naryani preaches for order and fear, using victory to secure the opponent. Incidentally, their speeches are structured in almost opposite orders. Kozar and Aera feel more uneasy than ever, realizing that Alex may have been on to something. We soon see the armadas of the Infinite and the Alliance arrive. The inifinite armada is shockingly close to being as big, which scares the Alliance soldiers but secretly pleases Naryani. The ships are all positioned right above Celestial Haven, which has had its signal blocked off. The city is in a state of panic and fear, trying to decipher what is occurring on the upper levels. The enemy has arrived, and a massive aerial battle takes place between the armadas. Kozar and Aera run through the ship, trying to find a task, but Kozar begins to feel worried and scared. We cut to two smaller ships, one with Neshianu and Alex, the other with Baklattan and Katherine on board.

Neshianu makes a plan to infiltrate the center of the Infinite ship, while Baklattan assures Katherine that they can get in easily. Baklattan tries to tell Katherine something, but they need to focus. They eventually arrive at their respective ships, after avoiding some intense fire through rapid maneuvering. Alex is caught off-guard by the bizarre, abstract design of the Infinite ship, but Neshianu guides her through. She protects Alex from the Infinite soldiers by creating a signal that she is now an ally. They all hold fire. Katherine and Baklattan find Kozar and Aera, with Kozar screaming in shock. “You’re, you’re alive!!! And....you’re Alex’s mom?” It’s a bit of an awkward meetup, with her asking, “so you must be Alex’s boyfriend.” Kozar is shocked and denies it, but says he wouldn’t mind. Aera mocks her. “Look, I kind of figure now that Naryani is evil, she probably tricked Alex, and now she’s gonna kill you for real if she sees you. Wait. Aera, can you create a path for us? We need to get to the administrative controls of the ship.” Aera obliges, moving ahead to a later room. Before she leaves, Kozar asks where Alex is, and Katherine points to the Infinite ship. “She’s crazy. I’m in love.”

Aera soon arrives at the next room, but Naryani’s soldiers are ready to attack. They saw security footage of them conspiring, and they’re ready to take them out. Aera begins to panic, until one soldier mocks her size. She has had it. She begins spinning incredibly fast, and in a fast-paced montage, she jumps up on each soldier at great velocity, hitting each one like a pinball bumper, and knocking out countless soldiers in the span of a minute. She is so excited about her accomplishment, but immediately collapses as soon as it ends. “All clear!” she weakly says, as the three make their way through.

Alex soon arrives at Qatav’s room, and Neshianu tells her that she’s got this. Alex smiles, albeit still nervous, and opens the door. “Qatav!” Alex yells. He comes over, threatening her. “I don’t want to fight, but you need to ask yourself why you are doing this.” “The grandmaster commands it.” Alex tells him that he doesn’t have to listen to Naryani. He was chosen for his great power to lead them, and so many of the Infinites don’t want to fight and kill innocent lives. They continue to argue, which turns into an outright fight, filled with blasts of color and light. Alex doesn’t want to fight, but manages to hold her own. They eventually reach a precipice, realizing it is a near draw. “How...I don’t understand.” Qatav says.

With the fight going on, the armada battle evens out, and Naryani stands at the center of a crowded atrium, making commands. “We cannot let this end here.” She yells. “At least not for you.” Kozar says as he steps in with Aera. She tells them that Naryani had been lying to them, and she’s going to crush them all to make way for the Infinites. Naryani bursts into laughter, asking why they’d believe some random street punk. “Would you believe me?” Baklattan arrives, almost back up on two feet again. Everyone gasps, while Kozar makes a face saying “okay, NOW they listen.” Baklattan gives an epic rant to Naryani, calling out her out as the true beacon of selfishness and cruelty, not the world around her. We then cut to Baklattan walking back to the main controls as Kozar et al fight guards trying to attack Baklattan, between Alex and Qatav looking at each other, each firing an equally powerful beam of energy. Alex’s hand begins to quiver as she stares at Qatav’s mind. Neshianu, coming out from hiding, sees her blast of energy - “she’s doing it. Fast learner.” Suddenly, the energy beams subside, and Qatav, looking at Alex in a moment of silent understanding, walks silently to create a large shield across the armada ships, going from a sheerly offensive to defensive strategy. The alliance officers are amazed at the cease fire and they stop as well. Alex manages to transfer a feed of her and Qatav to the Alliance ship - “Hey guys, we did it.” Qatav gives an awkward, toothy smile.

Naryani glares at them, and says that it’s come down to this. She snaps her fingers and creates gigantic flares of energy across the entire ship. “She wouldn’t. She can’t.” Baklattan says. At the other ship, Qatav feels another screeching pain, as do Neshianu and then Alex. They get back up again, and realize that they are to send the ship downward. Kozar realizes what they are doing, while Naryani asks him how else she could get Alex to harm Baklattan. “I’ve always controlled them. And now it’s time to show you what they’re capable of." As the ships come crashing down on the crater, billions of lives - and the cradle of galactic society - are at risk. With so much firepower against the planet’s shell, as well as that of the Infinites, it could collapse. Kozar begins making a post on social media, much to the annoyance of Katherine, but he knows what he’s doing. He puts the log for gravity controls on the site. He encourages the civilians of Celestial Haven to access the gravity devices across the planet and maximize their settings. They all do so, working together. It’s able to hold up a lot of the initial crashes, while news spreads of the attack. Posts explode on galactic social media about the attack.

Amidst the fire and crashing, Alex begins to retreat to her mind, remembering the times with Kozar and her family, while she creates a special power. Her soul manifests in front of her family, in the form of the powers shaping her own body and she appears to say one thing. “Thank you all for helping me realize who I could be. I know it sounds crazy right now, but know that I am okay. We are fighting back now. And last but not least, cover your eyes.” Alex reappears in the ship, looking at Qatav and Neshianu. They smile at one another, and create a massive blast of light that surrounds the entire area, and the galaxy takes note. Even on Earth, people see an explosion faintly in the sky. Think 2001. In the preceeding montage, The Infinites are freed, and the ships return to move upward. Many soldiers on both sides wonder what just happened, but Kozar et al know. Alex looks up and smiles, as she looks to Qatav and Neshianu. Their eyes glow, and the create a bridge between the two ships. Kozar, Katherine, Baklattan, and Aera meet her in the middle, guarded by a golden energy tunnel. Eventually, they and Alex hug right in the heart of the tunnel, as the camera zooms out.

We then cut to report that Naryani has been sentenced to prison, and people are blowing up about the widespread political corruption decimating the Celestial Alliance. Moreover, humans have entered the galactic scene, and it will be taking some getting used to for them, so it has been a wildly eventful week overall. In its ashes, a new system was formed, the Summit of Unity, led by Ezen Baklattan. Brand new representatives are elected, and for Earth, Beatrice is chosen. She reveals to Alex that she had done a great deal of research this whole time - she knew everything. But more importantly, she was so happy she finally found a home. They hug each other in one last goodbye, but know they will still be close. Alex then sees that The Infinites are returning to hiding. “The world is not ready for us yet, but we will be back, and we will stand with the galaxy. For now, please take this.” Qatav and Neshianu hand her a small amulet, which make Alex smile. They silently look at each other in approval as The Infinites disappear back into obscurity through a portal that appears. Finally, Kozar asks Alex what happens next. Kozar says that they will figure it out soon if all goes well.

Suddenly, Alex receives a call from Baklattan and Katherine, who is now the Coordinator of Galacitc Relations. There has been a giant monster attack in another planet, and they are asked to get there ASAP and help him relax. Kozar and Aera look at Alex, who puts on her amulet. “Ready?”

THE END

The first part of the credits is a bit of a trippy light show, set to the original CHVRCHES song “Standing Up”

Mid-Credits Scene: We see a bar in a desert planet, where the news reports are head. One person says that Alex is probably an impostor, and he could beat her easily. Suddenly, another man, wearing a cloak, attacks him, knocking him to the ground. He takes his robe off. “Don’t you dare talk that way about my daughter.”

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

From the writer of GONE GIRL and the director of HELL OR HIGH WATER

--- The --- 

PROVIDER

"She knows what you want, and what you'll do to get it."

Director: David MacKenzie

Writer: Gillian Flynn

Genre: Drama/Thriller

Release Date: October 6th, Y1

Major Cast: Gugu Mbatha Raw (NM), Jake Gyllenhaal (Davis), Beck Bennett (Cain), Steven Yeun (Niko), Kate Mara (Carnegie), Alfred Molina (The Inspector), Emily Browning (The Receptionist), John Goodman (Constantine)

Composer: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

Theatre Count: 3,144

MPAA Rating: R for strong violent content, brief nudity, and language throughout

Runtime: 91min (1hr, 31min)

Production Budget: $25 million

Spoiler

Over the opening credits, we see several shots of a desolate New York City. A siren plays a non-descript anthem, while speaker announcements are heard, describing daily activities and news for people in an underground bunker called The Enclave. They are reminded to stay underground, and to abide by the Orders of the Enclave fully or be desensitized. As two men in suits, each wearing gas masks, pproach the frame as the credits end, they walk in to a subway station and jump on the tracks. The tracks turn into stairs as they continue to go down. As they walk down, the signal of the announcements get muffled, as we hear a woman begin to speak.

“This is the secure channel of NM. I have full information on access for anyone connected; so let that be my final warning. I’m open until the angels beckon goodbye. You know how to reach me; please send me requests as far in advance as possible. I will provide what I need for you. Here’s to another exciting day. I love you all.” As the men walk down the hall, they see several small rooms and living quarters with a heavily modernist style and coloring in Cobalt and other dark colors. They eventually reach a large library with vasts amounts of boxed goods, foods, flash drives, and books. A woman walks from behind a book case to greet them. She has previously been disabling and reconfiguring security devices across the building. “Let’s see what you’ve got today, boys.”

Learning her name is NM, we see them go through the belongings found above, and soon NM investigates one flash drive. Upon noticing some encoding as it’s in, she realizes the drive includes a virus, and pulls it out rapidly. “Which one of you found this?” One man insists it must have been a mistake, and that he didn’t think it would be an issue. NM is forgiving, saying that it could have contained valuable information, and asking if there is a way to decode it, almost creepily polite. The man then says that he cannot do it, even after NM offers to show him how, for if it happens again. The conversation becomes increasingly intense, while Davis looks to NM, nodding.  NM simply smiles, saying that we’ll try inserting it again. Motioning to Davis, he shoots the man in his neck, pushing him to the ground. NM takes the flash drive and pushes it into the bullet hole, causing excruciating pain as she digs it in further, eventually killing him.

Davis then proceeds to ask her, “That’s one less we have to worry about.” NM proceeds to tell her how she knew he would be a traitor, and that she just awaited for the perfect proof to act on. “I hate to act without knowing every bit of information, and the first glimpse I could get, I’ll run with it.” NM says. NM and Davis kiss, while NM says that she has to get back to work. It’s distribution day, and she’ll need Davis’s help in getting out everything. Davis happily obliges. As we see the two dropping off various goods, we see them going through and interacting with Enclave residents. She switches her tone easily when talking to children, young lovers, old ladies, and dirty old men, as the goods she provide range from genuine (coloring books) to weirdly specific (a digital copy of 27 Dresses) to plain gross (a blow up doll, she crosses her heart before giving it).

She walks through the halls of the Enclave, seeing how happy everyone is, while talking with Davis. They hit an overlook of the underground reservoir, lit with a neon blue color. It was another good day doing what she does best. She thought she’d have to spend a life doing something she never wanted, but once the Enclave took over, she found a purpose she never imagined. Davis asks if this bothers her, that she’s finding a purpose ultimately caused by suffering and injustice. NM, getting mildly defensive, says that she’s not an opportunist. She’s trying to help these people without profiting off of them - “knowing that I did some good in this world is more than enough payment. Besides, you joined me on this. If I’m an opportunist, you are too.” Davis admits that he’s guilty as charged, but he just hopes it can all go back to normal one day, and that he won’t have to “provide” ever again. As he asks NM if she feels the same way, the scene cuts as she struggles to find an answer.

She enters a door outside, as a murky, dirt colored sky fills the air; another storm has occurred. A truck arrives outside the door, driven by Cain. “Howr’e ya doin’ on this lovely Summer afternoon?” Cain asks, “I’ve got more stuff for you, found from all over. The trip was crazy, a week of driving! Thank god you provide the gas, huh?” NM smiles, acknowledging that he gets almost everything else for her. They unload the truck, as Cain says that he can do this all his life, that he’s living to help the people. It becomes clear that he is intoxicated, somewhat to NM’s annoyance. “Hey, it’s okay to drive drunk if no one else is on the roads. Besides, makes me look like less of a threat.” NM rolls her eyes, saying how it’s probably okay for now, but....try not to get himself killed. And don’t do that once the world returns to normal.” Cain says that’s a big if, as NM looks at him. He does another chug of beer and grins, wishing her a good night. “See ya for the same thing tomorrow night! Gotta love the day off though!” NM walks back to her quarter, accessing her phone using a private network she set up. She soon sees more people than usual using her private network. She walks the halls and community rooms to try and find the source.

Using a signal tracking device and reaching several floors below, seemingly at an abandoned prayer room, she enters. Everyone there, dressed in bright red, all seated in the pews except for two at the front, stare at her. With slight discomfort but nevertheless confidence, she walks down the hallway as people continue to stare, all while finding the two up front: Two customers she had known for a long time: Niko, a violent revolutionary, and Carnegie, a highly intelligent information archivist. She calmly expresses annoyance at them using her private network again for the nth time this month alone. She’s managed to keep the channel secure for so long, and overuse will make it even harder. Niko, with a swagger, knows this very well, but he doubts it will be necessary. Carnegie cues up a power-point esque presentation about how pretty much everything is now in order to begin their strike on the Enclave and return to their lives of freedom.

Almost imitating a church sermon, Niko walks around to the various revolutionaries on the lives they hope to live once they are free, and then leads a night of celebration, storytelling, and song at a speakeasy hidden beneath the altar. Carnegie goes up to NM, telling her how this might be the last night of their lives, and how they should celebrate. “Sure, we celebrate...well....nearly every night. That’s why we plan strikes mainly later in the day. Shake it all off, you know. But....I just wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done for us. This strike could end everything, and all you’ve given us for the last few years has led to what will happen tomorrow.” NM is confused if it will truly work, knowing the weapons that Enclave officers will have. Carnegie is not worried, telling her that they know the setup of the base thanks to her. Everything would work out. “All else fails, we don’t have to live in this shithole anymore, and you still have the information. And you can get more goods.” Carnegie returns to her smile, “Here’s to the victors.”

We then see NM and Davis walking into a highly-secured secret access room, seemingly having access to the Enclave’s base. It is also underground, but with an access point under Times Square. The rooms are noticeably more well lit, colorful, and modernized. A receptionist greets them as Pauline and Wallace as they walks in. As she arrives, NM is informed that The Inspector wishes to speak with her.  The Inspector, whose office is right next to that of the Council of Overseers, steps out. He is seemingly furious with Pauline, her assistant. Artifacts have been going missing from their base non-stop for years, and they have managed to locate a major source of them; one being in the hands of two revolutionaries, with street names known as “Niko” and “Carnegie”. They are to be killed within the day, or she will be stripped of her position. NM begins to worry, but Davis assures them that the situation will be dealt with. Davis, with confidence, leaves with NM. NM stops before the door, looking at the receptionist. “You’re a good woman, take the day off tomorrow.” She gives her a small canister that lets a trace amount of gas out, making her cough.

As they step back into the desolate city, Times Square lights flickering, NM tells Davis their need to speak privately, and also to invite Cain. They walk into an abandoned Broadway theatre, as NM explains to Davis what is going on. We cut past her explanation and straight to Davis’s reaction, all while they sit inside the orchestra. “Today?! They’ve been planning all of this behind our backs? What will they even use?” Cain asks if he’ll even have to do a provision today, but knows that he’s dealt with enough shady people that he managed to acquire a caravan of weapons located outside a city in New Jersey....”not much different from what it used to be, frankly.” Cain jokes. NM orders him to head there now and acquire them. Once he gets back, they can begin. “We have to do this today, right now. I have to do this today.” Davis asks about the change of heart, she seemed like she didn’t want to do this for a while.

“I didn’t know they were ready. After today....everything’s over for me. Whatever happens. Everything you’ve done for me....I really appreciate it. But you’re right. All of this needs to come crashing down at some point, and maybe, just maybe....we can undo the years we’ve spent here and build the lives we only read about in stories.” As Cain leaves to get the weapons, we see NM climb up on to the stage, asking Davis to follow her. They dance together on the stage as Davis begins to break down. He doesn’t want to lose her, no matter what happens. NM smiles, drying his tears; we always knew we wanted to make the world a better place, and you’re right. We have to keep the light in our hearts. We have to keep fighting. Let’s do what we’ve gotta do.”

They walk back to their homes, as NM begins to do a private ritual prior to the strike. We also see Niko saying a prayer, while Carnegie relays information to her allies, also giving hugs to various members of the base, including her mother. As time continues before the strike, we then hear a large crash above. NM walks upstairs to the city surface, and we see a dirty caravan, loaded with weapons, crashed in front of a store window. NM walks up to the driver’s seat, seeing Cain badly bloodied up and covered in glass shards. “They found me......I ran as far as I could....You’ve got time....run.” Cain succumbs to his wounds. NM silently places a handkerchief over his face, reciting quietly, “You are forgiven.” She puts a signal on her device, motioning for the others to receive the weapons.

As Carnegie speaks to NM, Davis, and Niko, she is excited at what is to come today, all while knowing that it could be the end. NM makes alterations to her device, proceeding to call The Inspector. She has found the rebels, as she will bring them to the facility ASAP. NM proceeds to tell Niko and Carnegie that she knows a secret way to the base, and that she would like the two of them, and only them, to join her. Suspicious, but knowing that Davis will be with the other revolutionaries and travel through the subway systems, they join her. NM gives them both handcuffs, telling them to follow her lead, or die.

As they arrive at the Enclave Headquarters in Time Square, she notices a different person at the reception desk, wishing to speak to the Inspector again. They arrive in a room, all while The Inspector praises Pauline for her actions. Niko is enraged at her selling them out, but NM calmly puts her finger on his mouth. After a tense interaction where NM argues for her mercy, and a long pause of silence, The Inspector agrees to meet with Carnegie privately. She lets NM and Niko step outside, all while Niko is still restrained. After Carnegie discusses the information she will give back, she tells her that it is enclosed on this flash drive, and that he can see everything on the computer. He plugs it in, and it seems to be clean and have no viruses. After he opens the file, a countdown occurs, and the Inspector begins to look at Carnegie. She smiles deviously. The Inspector runs to the door, but the flash drive activates. It functions as a bomb and completely decimates the room, killing Carnegie and The Inspector. Niko cries in pain upon seeing Carnegie’s dead, bloody body, but NM tells him that they have to move. NM follows, proceeding to spit on The Inspector’s body.

As she hides inside a bathroom, we here intense gunfire take place; indicating the arrival of the other revolutionaries. She begins sweating, hearing casualties on both sides, all before trying to run out and find Davis. The fire happens around her, as each side still thinks of her as an asset. She finds Davis and motions for him to get to the root of this. Niko yells at her to get further backup, accidentally blowing her cover. In a desperate attempt to save her cover, NM shoots Niko in the leg, toppling him over. As he cries in pain, berating NM, she runs away, along with Davis, as the revolutionaries try to hide him. As the sounds of carnage continue to occur, she finds an entrance to the room for The Council of Overseers, stepping in. They are 7 individuals in suits, led by a man named Constantine, as well as several surrounding snipers and guards.

Constantine reveals that she had known all along how she had been the one providing private resources to everyone, but knew that she could never truly win. “Case in point - “ He looks up, nodding. He has a sniper shoot Davis in the head, killing him instantly. Everything goes quiet, aside from a loud whirr as NM begins to sob in pain, holding Davis’s body in her arms. “The easiest way to crush someone is to give them hope first. Heighten their expectations, and watch reality fall oh so sort.” Constantine says. NM, knowing nothing she can do will let her leave alive, simply surrenders. She passive aggressively notes how creating a system of fear and inequality did so much good for this world, and commending them for their bravery. “We didn’t cause any of this, we created a system that would, yes, be bad, but a bad life is better than no life at all. We simply created a system that we knew would advance humanity. You wipe us out, the world descends to chaos. Ask yourself if you want that.”

As we see Niko limp away with two revolutionaries, they escape outside, only with Niko wearing a gas mask. The other two begin to struggle breathing and collapse, as Niko recites another prayer. He then makes a call, saying to take down the support. As the revolutionaries run underground and place several explosive devices, NM is left unsure of what else there is to do, knowing any action would kill her. She hears something through her headpiece and smiles. “You must think what you’re doing is for the good of the people, something that you were born to do” to which Constantine nods. “I commend that, but you see, there’s a really good way to help them, and to know what they need.” NM says, smiling radiantly, “Know what they’ve been through, what they feel, how they live. Essentially, ask them. And they’ve answered. We’ve outlived our purpose, Constantine, but I know you’d say it was a good run." As beeps and blips continue to fill the space through the ventilation system, NM wishes everyone a wonderful night.

The bombs explode, killing everyone inside. Two revolutionaries manage to make it out alive and hoist up Niko, who was still struggling outside, trying to escape from the debris of the falling buildings, but managing to hide in a pizza shop far away. Niko’s mask is broken, but someone managed to find them, and they have an extra mask. It was the receptionist from earlier, who is feeling better from her cough that morning. She jokes that it was a good day to miss work. News spreads, and more and more people wear gas masks coming out of the subway stations across the city. “You’re going to be okay, Nicholas Hwang. Help is on the way.” The receptionist says.

• Like 1

Title: Chrono Trigger

Director: Andrew Adamson

Genre: Fantasy/Action

Release Date: May 12

Major Cast: Crono (Ryan Gosling), Marle (Hayden Panettiere), Lucca (Anne Hathaway), Ayla (Blake Lively), Robo (Jim Parsons, voice), Frog/Glenn (Tobey Maguire, Magus (Cillian Murphy), Queen Zeal (Tilda Swinton)

Theater Count: 3,556

MPAA Rating: PG-13

Runtime: 2 hr 11 min

Production Budget: $120 million

Plot Summary:

Spoiler

Crono is awoken by his mother on the day of the Millenial Faire in 1000 AD, and greeted by his cat as he goes downstairs to collect his allowance and head down to the fair. He accidentally collides with Marle and makes sure she is okay. She inquires about her pendant. Spotting the pendant, Crono retrieves it for her and brings it back. It's unharmed, despite being flung across the fairgrounds.

They travel together. Marle buys candy as Crono waits patiently, and they work together to rescue a little girl's cat who had gotten separated from her at the fair. Melchior the merchant asks if the pendant is for sale, but Crono insists it is not. After battling Gato the robot for a test fight, they are informed that Lucca's experiment is ready. It is a matter transporter and Crono bravely volunteers. He is destroyed at his current location and re-created at the other telepod a few feet away.

Marle sees this and decides she wants to try it too. But it doesn't work out so well in this case. Her pendant reacts with the telepod and a strange circular "gate" appears in the middle, between the two teleporters. She is sucked in, leaving the pendant behind. Crono decides to go after her, clutching the pendant and having the same reaction occur. He is sent back to some cliffs. Things look similar but not quite the same.

The town is the same place, Truce, but it's 400 years ago, 600 AD! He wanders to the castle where the guards question him. Marle is there, and they think she is the queen! But as they talk, she begins to feel a great pain and suddenly disappears.

Lucca comes from the Gate as well and explains that Marle is actually Princess Nadia, a descendant of Queen Leene. They go to a mysterious church, defeat some nagas disguised as nuns, and meet up with Frog. Lucca is disgusted by this humanoid sword-wielding amphibian at first, but as they work together to defeat Yakra (disguised as the Chancellor) she learns to accept him as they rescue the Queen and the real Chancellor from Yakra.

They bid Frog farewell in 600 AD and return to the Present (1000 AD) where Crono ends up on trial for kidnapping the princess. The Chancellor fails to prove Crono's guilt as he successfully avoids being trapped by loaded questions and the defense attorney Pierre brings forth a little girl that tells the story of Crono rescuing her cat. All the jurors declare Crono innocent.

But despite being innocent, the Chancellor locks Crono in jail for 3 days and then lies to the warden saying that he is to be executed. The warden questions this, but is quickly shouted down by the belligerent Chancellor. Crono busts out of jail, knocking out guards and rescuing a young man to be executed. He meets up with Lucca once again as they defeat the Dragon Tank.

However, they are still chased out of the castle along with Marle, and the three of them end up being forced into a Gate that takes them to 2300 AD, a desolate future for a planet ravaged by Lavos in 1999 AD. They meet up with people in various domes and try to find food for them but to no avail. They discover the fate of their planet and declare they will change the fate of the world and stop Lavos.

They take a trip through some mysterious sewers just because they can and fight off Krawlie and his minions, but all they find on the southern continent is an impassable mountain and a mysterious creature a "Nu" that is awaiting orders. They find Robo in an abandoned dome back in the northern continent and Lucca repairs him.

Heading into Proto dome, Crono, Marle, and Robo work together to restore power to the abandoned dome and open the locked door. Inside the door they find a gate. But when the four of them take the gate, they are wapred to "The End of Time" and the old man there explains that any time more than three people take a gate they will wind up at this place.

The group does battle with Spekkio who teaches Crono lightning, Marle ice, and Lucca fire, but only after making them do a ridiculous trial where he makes them run around the room clockwise. 

Crono, Marle, and Lucca return to 1000 AD through another gate found at the End of Time but it leads them to the Mystics Village where they are not welcome. After fighting shopkeepers, the prices offered on items are outrageous and they find their way to Melchior and then to Heckran's Cave, which leads them to Heckran.

They defeat Heckran with their new magic skills and go out of a whirpool and land near Truce again, going to the fair to take the first gate, leading them to the End of Time. They go back to the canyon in 600 AD and aid the army in the battle of Zenan Bridge, providing food and then defeating Zombor.

The three of them visit Frog once again but he insists he in not the hero and cannot help them. They climb the Denadoro Mountains. Lucca's fire magic helps deal with Ogans that carry powerful wooden hammers. The challenge here is Masa and Mune, who, after being defeated, combine to form into a more dangerous foe. Crono is able to deal with them through uses of his Slash ability that stops their most powerful techniques.

Now that they have proven their worth to Masa and Mune, they are able to retrieve the broken hilt of the Masamune blade.

They return to Frog, who says he has no right to wield the Masamune, but they find the other half of the broken sword in his house in the woods. 

They discover Melchior is the one who crafted the blade and return to his house in 1000 AD to have him fix it. But he does not have the Dream Stone required for such a task and thus the group travels to 65,000,000 BC where such an item exists.

The team is attacked by Reptites. After defeating a few, they are saved by a scantily-clad cave woman, Ayla. They follow her to her village, which is just a few huts.  Ayla, Crono, and Robo go hunting in the forest for special items that they can trade to the chief of the Ioka village for more powerful weapons and armor.

Crono, Ayla, and Marle go to the Forest Maze which leads them to the Reptite's lair where they maneuver through a complex dungeon that leads them to Nizbel. Crono strikes him with lightning magic and then Ayla hits him with her best attacks, but it takes more than one of these cycles to take down this prehistoric beast.

The team parts ways with Ayla, and head to 1000 AD to Melchior's Hut where he repairs the Masamune with the Dream Stone they obtained in prehistoric times. Lucca, being an inventor, assists Melchior in repairing the sword.

Having obtained the Masamune, they return to Frog's forest home in 600 AD. Frog reflects on the past and the movie turns to a flashback. Frog is a human then, named Glenn, adventuring with the knight Cyrus. Magus and his team destroy Cyrus and turn Glenn into the frog he is today.

Crono, Marle, and Frog head into a blocked off magic cave, and Frog uses the Masamune to open a path into this cave, which leads them directly to Magus's castle. They defeat his minions Slash, Flea, and Ozzie, with Ozzie's demise coming through his own inepitude.

Then they face off against Magus himself. Magus is a formidable foe, one who changes his magic resistances but gives away a clue by blasting opponents with the one magic he is not immune to. So as he casts lightning, Crono returns the favor. Frog's use of the Masamune against Magus lowers his magic defense. After this goes on, he grows weaker and drops his defenses entirely in order to cast a very powerful dark magic spell. He gets a couple of them off, but with timely healing from Frog, they are able to wear him down and defeat him.

But after he is defeated, a large Gate appears and the party is sucked in. There is a dream sequence with Crono being woken up by Marle, who is his wife. The dream ends, and it is Ayla who wakes Crono up. The gate sent them back to 65 million BC once again, and they are back in the Ioka village. They hunt for the same materials (Petals, Fangs, Horns, Feathers) as the trading hut now has more powerful weapons and armors in stock.

The team heads to the Dactyl Nest and they meet Ayla once again at the top. They agree to help her in the Tyranno Lair and she gets another Dactyl for them to fly.  They land on a clearing on the top of a mountain and head inside the lair.

The Tyranno lair is complex and cavernous, with puzzles and challenges awaiting our heroes.  They fight Nizbel once again, and Crono and Ayla use the skill Volt Bite to defeat him. But that is hardly the final boss of the lair, as they approach Azala and Black Tyrano. The Black Tyrano is practically invincible until he starts counting down for his big attack, and it is only then that the team uses their most powerful techs to take him out.

After Azala and the Black Tyrano have been defeated, we are shown how Lavos originally landed on Earth in 65 million BC. After returning to the village to rest, the team returns to the ruins of the lair and a new gate forms. They conclude that Lavos creates these gates and take it. It leads to 12,000 BC, a time where many people could use magic and lived on a floating continent. Those that could know speak magic were looked down upon as the "Earthbound Ones" and left to struggle on the surface, with the planet going through a total ice age.

They take Skyways that transport them from the ground to the floating continent where they meet many of these magic-using people. A lot of them seem to think they are in a dream and spend an exorbitant about of time in bed, sleeping. 

After exploring the floating continent for a while, they find themselves in Queen Zeal's palace. They see Schala (Queen Zeal's daughter) use a pendant to open a sealed door. A pendant that looks just like the one Marle has had this whole time! But when Crono tries to use the pendant it fails to open the door as Schala's did. The team heads toward the Mammon Machine, a powerful device that draws power from Lavos. This machine powers up Marle's pendant and they are able to go through the sealed door. But the "prophet" (as he calls himself) tells the Queen that you are troublemakers that he warned her about and Dalton summons a Golem that defeats the party despite their best efforts to vanquish it.

The team is stuck inside the Mammon machine now, but Schala comes to save them. The Prophet forces the group to show him how they arrived in this land, and they show him the Gate and he forces Schala to seal it, locking the team away from that time period.

The team heads back to the desolate 2300 AD. They go to the Arris Dome where they are able to open a sealed door for some treasure. Then they travel through the sewers once again and head to that mysterious dome with the Nu. This time, with the pendant powered up, they are able to access the door in the back which leads them through a maze of shining dots that tell them about Belthasar, and also the Guru of Time and Lavos. 

They are then greeted by a Nu, who has the memories of Belthasar. They are given the Epoch, a time machine that can allow them to access any of the time periods. Thus, the team can return to 12,000 BC whereas they could not through the Gates because of the seal Schala was forced to put over that Gate.

But to get back to the floating continent from where the Epoch is deployed is a daunting task. The team battles their way through the Terra cave and then up Mt. Woe, where Crono, Robo, and Ayla use a devastating Triple Tech to make quick work of the two hands of the powerful Giga Gaia monster, making defeating the body easier than it would have been dealing with additional foes. 

After the Giga Gail falls to our heroes and they free Melchior from his imprisonment, the Mountain of Woe has its chains break and it falls to the sea. As they return to the earthbound town of Algetty, Melchior is talking to Schala, but Dalton captures her. Melchior gives the team a Ruby Knife that must be used to defeat the dangerous Mammon Machine. 

The team heads back to the Zeal Palace where they face off against Dalton. They best him but he escapes and they take a gate that leads them to the now-completed Ocean Palace.  They must deal with different "Scouter" enemies, each weak against only a certain kind of magic. But it's not too hard to figure it out. Red ones are weak to fire, blue to water, and yellow to lightning. 

The team heads down an elevator, squaring off against more foes as they head down. They face off against the fearsome Golem Twins, much like the Golem that bested them earlier, but with more experience, new skills, and better weapons obtained from Mt. Woe and the Ocean Palace, they are able to defeat these two Golems.

Here the team stands against the Mammon machine. As Melchior instructed him to do earlier, Crono strikes it with the Ruby Knife, which turns into a sword. Schala tells them it won't do any good. Suddenly, Lavos appears, defeating the party easily. After Lavos has bested the team, the "Prophet" reveals himself to be none other than Magus!

He will try to defeat Lavos on his own but will not be able to do anything. Schala tries as well, but is stopped by her mother. Crono faces off against Lavos alone and is destroyed quickly. 

Lavos emerges from the ground and destroys the entire Zeal Kingdom, leaving just a little bit of land where the survivors live. It's no longer segregated, the "Enlightened" and the "Earthbound Ones" are living together, and they've lost their magic which came from tapping into Lavos's power!

But quickly, Dalton comes and proclaims himself to be the new King, and Ayla, Robo, and Frog wake up to find themselves stripped of all equipment and items on Daltons' Ship. They go through a maze of vents and deal with various guards to recover all their equipment and items.

Now they square off against the fearsome Golem Boss,  who ends up being scared of heights and unable to do anything against them. Dalton flies off on the Epoch, but the party leaps onto it to face off against him once again. He is no match for their skills and they recover the Epoch, which now has wings. (Dalton added them, since it was a stationary time machine before!)

Magus now stands alone, looking over the ocean. They could face off against him and lift the curse from Frog, but they decide that forgiveness is a better path, and also, he agrees to join them, so his powerful Shadow magic is now part of their arsenal!

But without Crono, spirits are low. He'd always been there to help everyone and for the first time, he is not with them. They travel to 2300 AD to get the "Time Egg" (Chrno Trigger) and  learn they must get a "Crono doll" from a game in 1000 AD. Then they must travel up Death Peak and place that doll down at the summit. They win a doll through a confusing game where the character (Frog) must imitate various poses from a mirror image of himself.

They are given three little trees that are planted on Death Peak, allowing the group to get cover from the perilous winds that would otherwise send them back down the mountain. Going through Death Peak, they deal with various "Lavos Spawn", nothing nearly as deadly as Lavos himself, but still a nuisance that must be taken care of. They quickly learn to only attack the head and avoid the shell, lest it decimates them with a needle attack.

After destroying three of these spawns and using the shell of the final one to climb up to the summit, they place the doll and the Time Egg together and it warps them back to the point where Crono was about to be destroyed by Lavos. They replace the real Crono with the doll, and he is alive once again!

Everyone is much happier that he is back as they reconnoiter at the End of Time. Here the Guru of Time informs them that they still have more tasks that they can complete, though they have the option of going straight to Lavos if they so choose.

They choose to help people in need, defeating creatures in a sunken desert to help grow a forest once again initially. Then they deal with ghosts infesting ruins that leads them to powering up the Masamune, go through a rehash of the Tyranno Lair that's been waiting for them, get a "Sun Stone" by placing a "Moon Stone" way back in 65 million BC and then teaching people the value of generosity to get it back for free when it was stolen in 1000 AD. They also take on the Black Omen, very similar to the Ocean Palace, but much more dangerous.

The battle against Queen Zeal seems easy at first. She makes all three team members very weak, but for Frog and Ayla, that means their most powerful attacks become even more devastating, and they make quick work of her first form. She comes back in a more dangerous form but Crono, Frog, and Ayla are still able to destroy her.

They head to Lavos himself. He has several forms. The first is almost too easy, where he imitates the old bosses they fought, from the Dragon Tank all the way through the Giga Gaia. He looks nothing like these foes, but he imitates their tactics and attributes exactly. Then they must take down the shell itself. After the shell is taken care off, Frog comments that it just can't be the end of Lavos.

And he's right. There's a whole another form for Lavos, two arms and a body. After they take care of that form, with timely heals making the difference, they face off against the Lavos Core, who is in fact humanoid.

He is much more challenging and frustrating than anything they've faced before, as they have to destroy his "left pod" to make the "right pod" drop its defenses as it prepares to revive. It takes patience and strategy, but they are able to destroy this final form of Lavos and save the planet from the future that they had seen in 2300 AD.

End

Edited by Electric
adding to plot

Since Super Mario Bros. won't be ready in time for the deadline, I've chosen to post this from CAYOM 2.0 instead.

Amulet

Director: Travis Knight

Composer: Dario Marianelli

Genre: Traditional Animation / Fantasy / Adventure

Date: November 22nd, Year 1

Studio: Hollywood Animation Studios

Format: Traditional animation, 2D and IMAX
Budget: $125 million

Theaters: 3,867

MPAA Rating: PG

Running Time: 135 minutes

Cast:

Millie Bobby Brown as Emily Charnon

Art Parkinson as Navin Charnon

Sam Rockwell as Leon Redbeard

Tara Strong as Miskit

Michael Fassbender as the Stone

Jessica Chastain as Karen Charnon

Eamon Farren as Prince Trellis

Christoph Waltz as Luger

Hugh Jackman as Cogsley

Margo Martindale as Morrie

Alec Baldwin as Balan

Naomie Harris as Dr. Weston

Dustin Hoffman as Silas Charnon

Jeff Bridges as the Elf King

Julian Glover as the Trees

Plot: CLICK HERE

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Xillix said:

Nothing new, but just letting everyone know I've moved ReBoot from November 3rd to December 22nd and will be opening it in IMAX. 

In that case I'm moving Rita to November 3rd (gonna decide what to do with Mirror's Edge later).

• Like 1

Replacing Slaughterhouse-Five with another CAYOM 2.0 film (and another literary adaptation). Didn't think I was going to be so busy nowadays. :P

Flowers for Algernon
Director: Tim Burton
Composer: Danny Elfman
Genre: Drama
Date: August 11th, Year 1
Studio: Alpha Pictures
Format: Live-action, 2D
Budget: $40 million
Theaters: 3,144
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Running Time: 138 minutes

Cast:
Jared Leto as Charlie Gordon
Isla Fisher as Alice Kinnian
Johnny Depp as Professor Nemur
Helena Bonham Carter as Professor Strauss

Plot:

In a dark room with only a lamp, the protagonist Charlie Gordon (Jared Leto) begins writing his first “progris riport.” We learn through Charlie’s words that he has an IQ of sixty-eight and is a poor speller. He is thirty-two years old, he has a job at Donner’s Bakery, and takes Miss Alice Kinnian’s literacy class three times a week at the Beekman College Center for Retarded Adults. Dr. Strauss, who along with Professor Nemur is a director of the experiment, has instructed Charlie to write everything he thinks and feels in these progress reports. Throughout his narration, he speaks in childish manner. After he finishes writing, he turns off his lamp.

FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON

Through the opening credits, at a playground at a public recreation park, Charlie swings around and plays with the younger children with delight. It’s almost as if he fits perfectly with the children. We cut to a class full of adults, where a woman named Alice Kinnian (Isla Fisher) is teaching them basic math. Charlie, who’s in this class, looks at Alice and narrates how much he likes Alice, calling her eyes “beautiful.” After class is dismissed, Alice looks at Charlie, who waves her goodbye and strolls out the door.

We cut to Charlie waiting outside a clinic, narrating that this is where his story begins. He gets called in by a nurse, and he stumbles out his chair, where some people laugh and grin. In a medical room, Dr. Nemur (Johnny Depp) explains to Charlie that he and Professor Strauss have tested an intelligence-building procedure on animals and are now looking for a human subject. Charlie’s teacher Alice has recommended Charlie because of the eagerness to learn he has displayed in her literacy class. When Nemur questions Charlie about this eagerness, Charlie mentions that his mother encouraged his education as a child. The doctors tell Charlie that they need permission from his family to go ahead with the operation, but Charlie is not sure where they live or whether they are still alive.

At Charlie’s bakery job, Charlie is bullied by his co-workers. While his boss Joe Carp and the rest of the employees mock him, Charlie does not understand that he is the butt of their jokes. We see examples of their rude behavior, where his coworkers sometimes refer to doing something stupid and out of nowhere as “pull[ing] a Charlie Gordon,” and one worker named Gimpy uses the phrase to describe a new employee’s misplacement of a birthday cake. Ever eager to improve himself, Charlie asks Mr. Donner if he can learn to be an apprentice baker, but Donner tells him that he should focus on his cleaning.

We see a woman named Professor Strauss (Helena Bonham Carter) give Charlie a test in which she shows him pictures of people he has never seen and asks him to invent stories about them. As with the “raw shok” (Rorschach) test, Charlie does not understand the point of making up stories and tells the woman that as a child he would be hit if he lied. Professor Nemur then takes Charlie to a psychology laboratory, where he shows Charlie a mouse named Algernon who has already undergone Strauss and Nemur’s experimental surgery. Nemur has Charlie compete with Algernon by attempting to solve a maze on paper while Algernon runs through an identical maze. Algernon beats Charlie every time, to Nemur’s amusement.

At Charlie’s desk, Charlie writes and narrates that the scientists have located his sister and have received her permission to proceed with the operation. He listens to a conversation between Strauss and Nemur. Though Nemur fears that dramatically increasing Charlie’s IQ will make him sick, Strauss argues that Charlie’s motivation to learn is a great advantage. Nemur tries to explain to Charlie that the operation is experimental and that they cannot be certain that it will succeed in making Charlie smarter. There is even the potential that the operation will succeed temporarily but ultimately leave Charlie worse off than he is now. Charlie is not worried, however, as he is thrilled to have been chosen and vows to “try awful hard” to become smarter.

We see Charlie in the hospital awaiting his operation. Alice visits him, and Charlie senses that she is concerned. He is nervous but still excited by the prospect of becoming smarter, and he cannot wait to beat Algernon in a maze race. Charlie also looks forward to being as intelligent as other people so that he can make friends.

Three days after the operation, and Charlie does not feel any change. A nurse named Hilda tells him how to spell “progress report,” so he diligently begins to correct his misspellings. Hilda also suggests to Charlie that God did not make him smart to begin with and that perhaps Nemur and Strauss should not be tampering with God’s will. The next day, Hilda is replaced. When Charlie asks the new nurse how babies are made, she is embarrassed and does not answer. One day, Alice comes to visit. When Charlie expresses disappointment that the operation has not made him smart right away, she reassures Charlie that she has faith in him.

Another day, Dr. Strauss and Professor Nemur bring Charlie an odd television-like machine that plays images and speaks to him while he sleeps to help him “get smart.” Charlie is skeptical; he complains that the machine keeps him awake and makes him tired at work. Charlie begins attending therapy sessions with Dr. Strauss, though he is not sure what purpose they serve. Dr. Strauss explains to Charlie the concept of the conscious and subconscious mind, and says that the television-like device is designed to teach Charlie’s subconscious while he sleeps. Dr. Strauss also gives Charlie a dictionary.

After work one day, Charlie’s coworkers Frank and Joe take Charlie to a bar, where they urge him to dance like a buffoon and then abandon him. Not comprehending that he is being made fun of, Charlie laughs along. Back at the lab, Charlie finally beats Algernon in a maze race. Alice comes to teach Charlie in the laboratory. They begin to read Robinson Crusoe, the hardest book Charlie has ever encountered, and together they work on his spelling skills. This is when Alice and Charlie’s relationship begins to start.

Charlie shocks everyone in the bakery by proving that he is capable of working the dough mixer, and he gets promoted by Joe. He finishes Robinson Crusoe and, wanting to know what happens to the characters after the novel ends, becomes frustrated when Alice tells him that the story does not continue beyond the end of the novel.

Alice begins to teach Charlie about grammar and punctuation. He does not immediately grasp the concepts, but one night something clicks in his mind. He soon masters punctuation, literally overnight. Frank and Joe take Charlie out again and make him dance with a girl, but this time Charlie realizes that they are mocking him, and he suddenly experiences anger and confusion. He dreams about the girl who had danced with him and wakes up with the sheets “wet and messy.”

When Charlie is writing his next progress report, it’s clear that Charlie’s reading, writing, and ability to retain information show sharp daily improvements. His narration is also easier to understand. He takes another Rorschach test, and he gets angry when he remembers his first “raw shok” experience. Charlie insists that during the first administration of the test Dr. Strauss told him to find specific secret pictures hidden in the inkblots, not simply to imagine his own pictures. Nemur plays back a tape recording of the first administration of the test, and Charlie is shocked to learn that he is wrong: Strauss gave Charlie identical instructions in both sessions, but Charlie lacked the mental capacity to understand them the first time. Charlie is stunned to hear the childishness of his own voice in the tape recording. He decides that he wants to keep some of his progress reports private, though he does not entirely understand why he feels such a need.

Charlie reconfigures the machines at the bakery to increase productivity, which earns him another raise. He remembers a time when Gimpy tried to teach him to make rolls but he was unable to get it right. Charlie notices that his increased intelligence does not make his acquaintances proud of him; instead, they are uncomfortable and upset by his presence. Charlie decides to ask Alice out to a movie to celebrate his raise. Strauss and Nemur agree to let Charlie keep some reports private, and this makes him more comfortable writing about personal matters. Meanwhile, Nemur and Strauss argue about whether to present their preliminary findings at an upcoming convention in Chicago. Strauss thinks it is premature, but as the senior member of the research team, Nemur overrides Strauss’s objections.

One night, Charlie has a dream that triggers a flashback of his mother crying out, “He’s normal! He’s normal!” when he was six years old. He also remembers his father’s attempts to force his mother to accept her son’s retardation. Charlie remembers his mother hysterically spanking him for defecating in his pants.

Charlie confesses his attraction to Alice over dinner. She replies that it would be inappropriate, for the sake of the experiment, for them to develop a romance. Charlie is upset that the books he reads do not offer solutions to the emotional turmoil he is experiencing.

Charlie is distraught to discover that Gimpy has been stealing from the bakery, undercharging customers in exchange for kickbacks. Charlie agonizes over whether he should tell Mr. Donner, and he asks both Nemur and Strauss for advice. Strauss insists that Charlie has a moral obligation to tell, but Nemur argues that he should not become involved. Nemur states that Charlie was practically an “inanimate object” before the operation and thus not accountable. This idea angers Charlie immensely, and he feels that Nemur does not understand that he was a person even in his original disabled condition. Charlie asks Alice for advice about the dilemma, and she tells him that he must feel his own decision from within.

Charlie suddenly understands that he is capable of making moral judgments himself. He decides to confront Gimpy and give him the opportunity to mend his ways before he goes to Donner with his concerns. Trapped, Gimpy grudgingly agrees, clearly disconcerted by Charlie’s inexplicable intelligence. Thinking about Alice’s role in his newfound independence, Charlie decides that he is in love with her. Meanwhile, Charlie’s intellectual pursuits advance far beyond an average level.

Charlie takes Alice to a folk concert in Central Park. Shortly after putting his arm around her, he sees a teenage boy watching them, his pants undone. Charlie chases after the boy but cannot find him. Later, he decides that the boy must have been a hallucination, which he thinks arose because his intellectual growth has outpaced his emotional growth.

Pressured by his other employees, Donner fires Charlie from the bakery. Charlie is surprised at how much he misses the job, realizing for the first time how much it meant to him. Fanny, a kindly coworker, feels sorry for Charlie, but she also fears his sudden change. Later, Charlie goes to Alice’s apartment. They approach intimacy, but Charlie panics when he thinks about kissing Alice. Alice kisses Charlie, but he seizes with terror and cries himself to sleep.

Charlie writes that his relationship with Nemur is growing increasingly strained, as Nemur continues to treat him more as a laboratory specimen than a human being. Nemur is upset that Charlie has fallen behind on writing his progress reports. Charlie argues that the reports are too time-consuming and that he does not have enough time to learn about the outside world if he has to engage in constant self-analysis. Strauss suggests that Charlie learn to type, so he does.

Charlie has nightmares for three nights after his panic in Alice’s apartment. He has a recurring image of a bakery window and of his former mentally retarded self on the other side of the pane, watching him. He remembers a childhood incident in which Norma, who had gotten an A on a test, asked their mother for a dog that she had promised if Norma did well in school. Charlie had offered to help take care of the dog if their parents bought one for Norma, but Norma had demanded that the dog be hers alone. Charlie and Norma’s father had declared that if Norma was going to be so selfish about it, there would be no dog, despite Rose’s promise. Norma resentfully threatened to “forget” everything she knew and be a “dummy” like Charlie if her good work would not be rewarded. Angrily, Charlie now wishes he could tell Norma that he never intended to hurt or annoy her, but that he only wanted her to like him and play with him.

Charlie goes to visit Alice in her classroom at the Center for Retarded Adults and sees many of the mentally disabled people with whom he had once attended the school. Alice is upset that Charlie has come into the classroom and tells him that he is no longer the warm, open person she once knew, that he has grown cold and aggressive. Charlie insists that he has merely learned to defend himself. Alice replies that she now feels insecure around Charlie because of his clear intellectual superiority. He drops Alice off at her apartment, feeling sad, angry, and very distant from her. His love, he thinks, has cooled into fondness.

Charlie picks up the habit of wandering through the streets of New York at night. One night, he meets a strange and sad woman in Central Park who tells him about her problems and then offers to have sex with him. Charlie almost goes home with the woman, until she reveals that she is pregnant. Charlie flashes back to an image of his mother pregnant with his sister, which he associates with his mother beginning to give up on him and placing her hopes in Norma instead. Cursing the woman in the park, Charlie grabs her shoulder. She screams, and a group of people runs toward them. Charlie runs away, and he hears the woman tell the group that he tried to attack her. Part of Charlie longs to be caught and beaten. He wants to be punished, though he cannot say why or for what.

Charlie begins dictating his progress reports to a tape recorder. The first part of this report is recorded on a flight to Chicago, where Nemur and Strauss are scheduled to reveal their preliminary findings at a scientific convention. Charlie and Algernon will be the star exhibits of the presentation. As the plane takes off, Charlie is uncomfortable putting his seat belt on because he dislikes the feeling of confinement. Trying to remember why, he flashes back to a time in childhood when his mother took him to a quack doctor named Guarino, who promised to increase Charlie’s intelligence to a normal level. This visit took place before Norma was born, when Rose’s energies were still primarily focused on making Charlie normal. Though Charlie’s father was skeptical, Rose insisted that Charlie go through with Guarino’s regimen, which included being strapped onto a table. This claustrophobic procedure instilled in Charlie a fear of confinement. Though Guarino was a crook and his process a sham, Charlie bears him no ill will—Guarino was always kind to him and never made him feel inferior for his disability. Charlie also remembers that his father harbored bitterness about the expensive therapy sessions, as they forced him to continue working as a barbershop-supply salesman, postponing his longtime dream of opening his own barbershop. By the time the plane lands, Charlie no longer feels uncomfortable in his seat belt.

At the hotel before the conference, Charlie meets many curious scientists and students who have heard about him. They engage him on a wide variety of topics, and his vast range of knowledge enables him to discuss with ease everything from contemporary economic theory to obscure linguistics and mathematics. When Charlie hears Nemur discussing the experiment with a student, he asks Nemur about an article recently published in the Hindu Journal of Psychopathology on related scientific matters. Charlie is shocked to learn that Nemur did not read the article because he does not speak Hindi. Charlie is further stunned to learn that Strauss does not speak Hindi either. Strauss claims to speak six different languages, but that number is unimpressive to Charlie, who has learned more languages than that in just the past two months. Charlie realizes that he now understands more about the experiment than Nemur and Strauss, and he storms away, angrily declaring that they are frauds. Strauss catches Charlie and urges him to be more tolerant of others’ shortcomings, especially since Nemur and Strauss have never claimed to be all-knowing. Charlie understands that he has been impatient and realizes that his quest to take in all of the world’s knowledge is an impossible one.

Charlie sits on the stage during Nemur and Strauss’s presentation. Listening to Burt deliver his paper about Algernon, Charlie learns that Algernon’s behavior grew erratic and self-destructive at the height of his intelligence. Charlie is annoyed that this information has been withheld from him. He also grows increasingly frustrated at hearing the scientists suggest that he was subhuman prior to their operation and feels like a debased carnival sideshow act. Charlie privately toys with the idea of creating havoc in the convention by letting Algernon out of his cage.

During Nemur’s remarks, Charlie suddenly realizes that there is a scientific flaw in the experiment: Nemur and Strauss have miscalculated the amount of observation time necessary to determine whether or not Algernon’s increased intelligence will be permanent. Charlie realizes that he may yet lose his intelligence. Angry with Nemur now both for his patronizing attitude and for his lack of scientific thoroughness, Charlie succumbs to his urge to free Algernon from his cage. As the mouse scampers away, the auditorium descends into chaos. Charlie is able to catch Algernon, and he runs away from the conference with the mouse in his pocket. He catches a flight back to New York, where he plans to find an apartment and hide from Strauss and Nemur for a while. A new sense of urgency falls upon Charlie with the knowledge that his intelligence may desert him.

Charlie moves into an apartment in the city. He builds Algernon an elaborate maze to solve and meets his neighbor Fay Lillman, a free-spirited and flirtatious artist. Fay is appalled by the neatness of Charlie’s apartment, saying she cannot stand straight lines and that she drinks to make the lines go blurry. Charlie finds Fay strange but undeniably attractive.

Charlie visits his father at his barbershop. Matt does not recognize his son, and treats him as a customer. Too nervous to say anything, Charlie gets a haircut. He remembers the night that his father took him to live with his Uncle Herman after Rose had become hysterical, threatening that she would kill Charlie with a carving knife if he were not shipped out to the Warren State Home immediately. Charlie attempts to reveal his identity to Matt, but after an awkward and inconclusive exchange, he gives up and leaves the shop.

Algernon performs well in Charlie’s new mazes but sometimes appears to be angry or depressed, frenetically throwing himself against the walls. Fay buys Algernon a female companion mouse named Minnie. Fay stays in Charlie’s apartment one night. They have drinks together and Charlie passes out. The next morning, naked in bed together, Fay says that they have not made love and wonders whether Charlie is gay. She tells him that he acted like a little kid while he was drunk. Charlie realizes that the old, mentally retarded Charlie has not left him and that his former self still exists within his mind.

Charlie spends a day in movie theaters and wandering the streets, just to be among other people. He eats at the diner where he took Alice after their movie date. A mentally disabled busboy accidentally breaks some dishes, and as he sweeps up the mess, the customers taunt him cruelly. Not comprehending that he is the target of the customers’ mockery, the busboy smiles along with their insults. Charlie is infuriated and screams to the crowd that the busboy is human and deserves respect.

Charlie visits Alice and talks over his feelings with her. He worries that he has become emotionally detached from everyone around him, and he yearns to reconnect with humanity. Charlie wonders if the inner, mentally retarded Charlie would allow him to make love to Alice if he pretended that she were Fay. He hypothesizes that since he cares for Fay less deeply than he does for Alice, his inner self might not panic at the notion of sex with Fay. Charlie turns out the lights and begins kissing Alice but is unable to trick himself into believing that she is Fay, and he feels guilty for trying to use her in an emotional experiment.

Charlie goes home and waits for Fay to return from dancing. When she arrives, he is sexually aggressive. They make love, and he senses the “other” Charlie watching them but not panicking. Charlie and Fay begin an affair, and he soon loses the sense of the other Charlie’s surveillance. Charlie decides to go back to the lab and take over research on the experiment. One day Algernon attacks Minnie and bites Fay. Charlie is concerned by Algernon’s hostility.

Alice visits Charlie’s apartment one night, and Fay unexpectedly shows up. To Charlie’s surprise, the two women get along favorably, and they all stay up late talking and drinking. Alice tells Charlie that she understands why he is enamored with Fay’s lightheartedness and spontaneity but worries that Fay and her drinking habits are detrimental to Charlie’s important work. Charlie makes love to Fay, thinking all along about Alice. He immerses himself increasingly in his work, often sleeping at the lab. Fay moves on to another boyfriend, but Charlie cannot be distracted, and he is exhilarated by the intensity of his own concentration. Algernon’s condition continues to deteriorate, and Charlie knows that if he can figure out the cause, he will give the world knowledge that could be invaluable to future research.

Charlie attends a party in honor of the Welberg Foundation. He overhears Strauss explaining to a foundation board member that even failed experiments are scientifically valuable, for they are often as educational as successes. Somewhat drunk, Charlie starts to interject a rude comment, but Strauss cuts him off. Charlie continues to alienate the guests, and when the party is over, Nemur accuses Charlie of being ungrateful for all that the operation has given him. Charlie argues that he has little for which to be grateful, since he feels that the greatest lesson he has learned with his intelligence is that people scorn him whether he is a moron or a genius.

Nemur accuses Charlie of becoming cynical and self-centered. In his drunken and emotional state, Charlie senses himself starting to act like the mentally retarded Charlie. He hurries to the bathroom and looks in the mirror, and he feels that he is looking directly at the other Charlie. He tells the other Charlie that they are enemies and that he will fight to keep the retarded Charlie from regaining control of his body. He goes home miserable, deciding that Nemur’s accusations have been correct.

Charlie soon has a massive intellectual breakthrough and writes a paper on his findings. In a letter to Nemur, he explains that he has uncovered a phenomenon he deems the “Algernon-Gordon Effect,” which argues that the more artificially induced intelligence one gains, the quicker it will deteriorate. Charlie tries to reassure Nemur and Strauss, as well as a distraught Alice, that they could not have foreseen this effect and should not feel guilty. Charlie senses that he is becoming absentminded, the first hint of the onset of his decline. Algernon soon dies, and Charlie buries him in the backyard, putting flowers on the grave.

Charlie goes to see his mother. Rose panics, and Charlie tries to win her trust, frantically telling her as much as he can about what has happened to him. He quickly realizes that his mother is delusional: though at one moment she seems to understand that he is her son, the next she asks him if he is a bill collector. Charlie patiently tries to explain his recent progress, telling Rose that he has fulfilled her dreams and become a success. He gives her the paper he has written in an attempt to make her happy. Rose is proud and feels vindicated. Norma, now an adult caring for Rose, arrives home. To Charlie’s surprise, she is delighted to see him. They have a long talk, and Norma apologizes for having been cruel to Charlie when they were children. The peace is suddenly broken when Rose comes at Charlie with a knife, telling him to keep away from Norma with his sexual thoughts. Charlie leaves in tears. As he walks away, he looks back at the house and sees the face of his boyhood self peering through the window.

Charlie contemplates suicide but decides he must keep writing his reports for the sake of science. At a therapy session with Strauss, Charlie has a hallucination in which he seems to fly into the center of his own unconscious, represented by a red, pulsing flower, and then imagines himself being battered against the walls of a cave.

Strauss tries to visit Charlie at his apartment, but Charlie refuses to let him in. Charlie picks up his copy of Paradise Lost, and though he knows he loved the book only a few months before, he is now unable to understand it.

Alice comes to stay with Charlie. She says she wants to spend as much time as possible with him before the effects of the operation recede completely. She holds him, and for once he does not feel the old inner panic. They make love for the first time, and it is a transcendent, spiritual experience, unlike the purely physical sex Charlie has had with Fay. Despite their happiness, Charlie cannot bear the thought of Alice witnessing his descent. He tells Alice that he will probably ask her to leave soon, and he makes her promise that when she does leave, she will never come back.

Charlie picks up his paper on the Algernon-Gordon Effect and is unable to understand it. He can no longer remember the languages he taught himself. His motor control begins to deteriorate, and he finds himself watching television all day. Alice tries to help by tidying up Charlie’s apartment, but her actions anger him because he wants everything left as it is, “to remind me of what I’m leaving behind.” Charlie also gets upset at Alice for trying to encourage him to pursue intellectual activities in which he is no longer interested. Alice’s denial of Charlie’s condition reminds him of his mother. He asks Alice to leave and, devastated, she does.

Charlie wonders if he can stall his deterioration. He knows that he cannot keep himself from forgetting things, but wonders if he can still learn and retain new things, thus maintaining a steady level of intelligence. However, in his entry of November 1, Charlie’s punctuation is flawed, and soon he loses accuracy in grammar and spelling as well. He describes voyeuristically watching a woman bathing in the apartment across the courtyard. Alice comes to see Charlie but he refuses to let her in.

Having regressed almost completely to his original state, Charlie returns to the Donner’s Bakery and gets his old job back. He refuses to accept money from Alice and Strauss. When a new employee named Meyer Klaus picks on Charlie and threatens to break his arm, Joe, Frank, and Gimpy come to Charlie’s rescue. They tell him that he should come to them for help if anyone ever gives him trouble. Charlie is grateful for his friends.

Charlie forgets that he is no longer enrolled in Alice’s class at the Center for Retarded Adults and shows up for one of the meetings. When Alice sees Charlie has reverted entirely to his original state, she runs from the room weeping. Charlie senses that people feel sorry for him, and he decides to go live at the Warren Home. In his final note, he says that he is glad he got to be smart for a short time and that he got to learn about his family. He has a vague memory of himself as a genius: “he looks different and he walks different but I dont think its me because its like I see him from the window.” He writes goodbye to Alice and Dr. Strauss, and advises Professor Nemur that he will have more friends if he does not get so upset when people laugh at him. Finally, Charlie leaves a postscript requesting “please if you get a chanse put some flowrs on Algernons grave in the bak yard.”

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

On 8/30/2017 at 7:25 PM, Electric said:

Title: Chrono Trigger...

Just to be clear, does the "To Be Continued..." just mean you're setting up a sequel and this film is complete, or that you're not done writing this one yet?

Move Mirror's Edge to February 3rd, Scrooge McDuck to May 5th and I'm staking out Voltron for May 26th.

Remove Shadow Entities and Metroid since I won't finish either on time.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Updated the schedule, though I didn't officially put Voltron on there just yet since it's not finished and wasn't in the advance schedule thread.

Also prepare to have Mirror's Edge annihilated by Uwe Boll. You don't open a video-game flick against the Bollmeister. It's a curse ;)

The Haunting in Wisconsin

Date- October 13th

Genre- Supernatural Horror

Rating- R- horror violence, terror and disturbing images, language, drug use, and some sexuality

Theaters- 3,205 theaters

Budget- 18 million

Running Time- 100 minutes or 1 hour and 40 minutes

Studio- O$corp Pictures

Director- Sami Rami

Actors and Actress-

Ethan-------Dave Franco

Joseph-----Josh Hutcherson

Pamela------Kirby Bliss Blanton

Frank------- Grant Gustin

Susanna-----Alexis Knapp

Plot:

Spoiler

The movie begins in Wisconsin in 1957 were we see several adult people sacrificing a child to the devil. The young child screams in pain and fear as he is burned to death. The people then thank the devil.

Then movie moves to present day. We follow high school senior, Frank. Frank lives in a huge Victorian house. We learn that strange things have happened in the house and Frank believes it is haunted however his parents dismiss it with passion. Frank at school has a crush on Pamela. He is struggling to ask her out because he has a great friendship and is afraid of spoiling it. We learn more about Frank and his friends Ethan who is into theatre, Joseph who is a baseball player, and Susanna who is the school head cheerleader. We see several days in there lives. On day, we see Frank talking to his friends. He ask them if they what to come over to his house tonight to party since his parents are going out of town of the weekend. They all agree. When the evening comes they arrive at Frank’s house and begin to party. The party includes smoking drugs, drinking alcohol, and Susanna has a strip dance. Frank asks Pamela out. She accepts and they both lose their virginity. They all soon get tired and go to sleep. Several hours later Ethan hears a door slam downstairs. He gets out of bed and walks down stairs he finds the back door locked shut. The lights begin to flicker off and on and the TV and radio begin to buzz strangely. Ethan nervously begins to walk up stairs. Out of the basement comes an invisible force that grabs Ethan around the leg. Ethan tries to escape but cannot. Ethan screaming is dragged down into the basement. Joseph hears Ethan’s screams for help. Joseph wakes Frank and the two rush downstairs. They see Ethan being pulled do the basement stairs. Joseph grabs a knife. Another invisible force throws Frank and Joseph across the room and then rushes around the room throwing furniture and other thing around. Suddenly the force disappears into the TV. Meanwhile Ethan is dragged to the bottom the stairs where he is thrown against a wall. Ethan screams at the top of his lungs and then falls limply to the floor. Pamela runs down the stairs and asks what happened; Joseph and Frank tell her everything. Frank asks where Susanna is. They hear a scream. Running up stairs they find Susanna lying in bed yelling to wake up. Suddenly her body is lifted into the air; Joseph grabs a crucifix and begins to tell the spirit to leave. The crucifix melts to hot metal. Joseph drops the crucifix. Susanna suddenly screams in full force and then her body goes limp as her spine is cracked and she falls to the ground. The invisible force grabs the burning crucifix and brands Susanna’s died body with it. The force then shattered the windows in the room and vanishes. After turning on the lights, Pamela says that they have to know what’s going on here. Joseph calls the police but the police refuse to come thinking it is some prank. Frank meanwhile grabs his parent’s old family history book. Looking through it they see a picture of their grandparents sacrificing bodies to the devil. Joseph says that the spirits are seeking revenge on them by killing them. Pamela asks Joseph and Frank how that can stop this spirits. Frank says that they will call on the spirits via a séance to tell the spirits that they mean no harm. They walk down into the basement to do the séance. They are horrified by Ethan’s distorted body. As they do the séance the spirits arrives and tells them to stop. Joseph answers by saying no. The lights flicked and go out. Suddenly they turn on with intense brightness. Pamela falls to the ground. Her jaw extends full length and her teeth bend forward as she leaps at Joseph. Joseph dodges her and shouts to Frank that Pamela has been possessed. Pamela roars in anger and tells Frank and Joseph that she will not be satisfied until she has killed them. Pamela then begins to counts, “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, ect.” She begins to speak in various languages. Frank tries to persuade the spirits to leave them along. Pamela screams, “WE ARE MANY! WE THIRST FOR VEGENCE! WE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU UNTIL WE BRING YOU ALL TO HELL TO SUFFER WITH US!!! ” Frank grabs a wooden cross and shouts for the spirits to get out of Pamela in the name of Jesus. Pamela laughs hysterically. Frank puts the cross on Pamela. Pamela roars in anger when the cross touches her. Black smoke comes out of Pamela’s mouth as the spirits leaves. Pamela falls into a chair. Frank runs over and asks if she is ok. Pamela suffers from a mental break down and begins to sob but she is shocking physically fine. Frank comforts her. Suddenly a strong wind blows out the candles. The lights turn off. A fiery hole appears in the ground. Joseph whispers that it is the gateway to hell. Hundreds of bats, flies, and crows fly out of the hole, Pamela screams and runs up the stair. Demonic hands with writing engraved in them emerge from the hole. They grab Joseph around the waist and begin to pull him toward the hole. The demons and spirits howl in delight. Frank grabs Joseph’s hand to try to pull him away from the hole but the demons are too strong. Joseph screams as he is dragged to hell. Frank turns in terror and rushes up the stairs. Frank grabs Pamela and runs to the door to leave the house. Pamela manages to make it outside. Frank is just about to come out when suddenly the door slams shut. Pamela tries to open the door but in vain. She hears Frank telling her to run and get out of here to get help. Pamela turns and leaps into her car. The car doesn’t start. She looks up and sees two little children with masks on staring in the window at her. She screams to terror and panics. The children break the glass and try to grab Pamela. Pamela fights them off with an umbrella. Pamela gets outside of the car and runs. The children collapse and a black smoke leaves their mouth showing that they were possessed. Inside Frank shouts at the spirit to get out of his home. The spirit grabs Frank and tosses him around the room. Frank lays on the floor with both legs broken and completely helpless against the spirit. The spirit starts the house on fire. Frank screams in pain as he is burned to death. The house then explodes and debris falls all over the road. The neighbors run outside and call the police. Meanwhile Pamela is running down the street. The runs up to a house and bangs on the door. The door opens and she sees a man clearly possessed. Pamela screams as the man stabs her. The spirits scream in delight at her death. Suddenly, Joseph bolts up in his bed. He suddenly hears Ethan’s screams down stairs. His TV acts up and suddenly a face of a dead girl pops up and screams for Joseph. Joseph yells in fright. Knowing that he just had a vision of his and his friend’s death and beginning to go insane with fright. Joseph opens the window to his room and leaps out and is impaled by a fence post near the house.

Edited by Hiccup23

Brandybrook

Date- May 26th

Genre- Cell-Shaded Animation/Musical (The animation is the same type as seen in Family Guy and American Dad)

Rating- R- crude humor throughout including sexual and racial humor, sexual content, pervasive vulgar language, and violent images

Theaters- 3,232 theaters

Budget- 20 million

Running Time- 90 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes

Studio- Barbarian Animation Studio

Director- Seth MacFarlane

Actors and Actress- Zach Galifianakis- (Mason Grieks), Tina Fey- (Kimberly Grieks), Justin Long- (Joseph Grieks), Demi Lovato- (Hannah Grieks), Will Ferrell- (Tony Grieks), Seth MacFarlane -(Thomas Grieks/Elf), John Krasinski- (Frank Swanson), Mila Kunis- (Bridget Swanson), Owen Wilson- (Casey Johnson), Amy Adams- (Rachel Johnson), Sofia Vergara- (Pamela Harry), Sarah Jessica Parker- (Susanna Harry), Mike Henry- (Caleb Harry), George Lopez- (Nicolas Christians), Brandon Jackson- (Seth Anders), Jenna Ushkowitz- (Britney Linus)

(The film is extremely vulgar and the film stereotypes and degrades all different types sexuality, races, and religions.)

Plot:

Spoiler

The film begins with the entire cast singing, “Brandybrook”. At the end of the song, Chi Kong the Retarded Chinese man asks if he can be in the film. The entire cast brandishes their weapons and shouts, “NO!”

The film opens in the wealthy neighborhood of Brandybrook. We see the film spoof and mock the lives of the wealthy. The camera then shows the outside view of the Grieks house. Inside we see Thomas the elf sitting on the couch in the family room looking at pictures of the Arctic. He sighs to himself sadly. Mason Grieks walks into house and sees Thomas. Mason walks over and asks what Thomas is sighing about. Thomas says that he misses the Arctic and he wonders if he has a family. Mason says that they are his family. Mason farts and says to Thomas that a new member has just arriving and her name is Fart-Ann. Mason turns and asks a bunch of old scholars, “Is that a good joke comedy professors?” The professors nod and go “Mmmmm umm, Yep Mmmmm umm.” Thomas sighs and sets the pictures on the table and goes up stairs. Kimberly walks into the room and asks what’s wrong with Thomas. Mason says that he doesn’t like Fart-Ann. Mason farts again. Kimberly rolls her eyes and goes back into the kitchen. The phone rings and Kimberly picks it up. It is Rachel. Rachel tells Kimberly that a lesbian couple as just moved across the street from Kimberly. Kimberly says oh my god!!! Rachel says that the catholic nun at the preschool told her and that she is spying on them right now with Rachel. Kimberly says that she will be right over with Bridget who is at her house. Kimberly throws the phone done and runs through the family room screaming that a lesbian couple has moved into the neighborhood. Bridget screams with Kimberly. The rest of the family stares blankly at them as they bolt out the door. Mason asks Hannah what as got into the two ladies. Hannah says that Kimberly probably has just found out that she is postmenopausal. Mason says oh. Mason then rises and says that he is going to the bar to meet his friends. Thomas asks what Tony is doing and Tony replies that he is making a music video about his mid-winter depression. Tony then sings “Late January Blues”. After Tony is finished Thomas says that was a very special song sung by a very special person. Tony frowns and tells Thomas to shut the fuck up. Thomas laughs.

We see Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel spying out of a car at the lesbian couple. Bridget says that they have so much stuff. Kimberly says that they probably got it all from winning court cases because they sued people for making fun of them. The other women agree. Kimberly exclaims in shock that they have a boy. Rachel says that the boy looks like a female. Kimberly says that he is probably a gay. Bridget says she heard on the news that being gay is contagious and can spread from child to child. Rachel says that they must befriend these new neighbors. Kimberly asks if Rachel is crazy but Rachel retorts by saying it is a great way to find more about theses people. Rachel says that she will make them some of her delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. Kimberly says that she will bring them a picture of Bristol Palin. The women separate to accomplish their plans.

We then see Mason sitting at a table talking to his three friends Frank, and Casey. Nick comes up and asks if they need anything. They all ask for a beer. Frank then asks Nick why Mexicans can’t play Uno. Nick says that he doesn’t know way. Frank says because they always steal the green card. Everyone in the bar burst out laughing. Nick wrings his hands in the air and says “Ayudame a mi madre olegal que una vez fue una monja abusive!!!!” and then walks back over to the counter and prepare the beer. Frank says it is good to be in the 21st century when Jews aren’t hated but Mexicans are. Mason tells the other guys that Thomas is lonely. Casey says that that is selfish of Thomas since the Grieks gladly took him in to their home when he was abandoned on the street. Frank agrees. Mason says that he guesses they are right. Frank asks them what happened to Thomas before they found him. Mason says that he doesn’t know. Casey asks if he has ever asked Thomas. Mason says that Thomas has amnesia and can’t remember anything before he lived with the Grieks. Mason eyes go wide and he tells the other guys to what a minute. We see Mason driving through the streets out to the country ide. The car breaks down and Mason gets out and continues. We see him walk through the Midwestern plains and over the Rocky Mountains, and through the Nevada desert. He reaches Los Angeles. He runs through the city looking at the buildings trying to find someone. He runs into a building and then burst into Oprah Winfrey’s back room. Looks turns around and say that she as been expecting him. She tells him that if he goes on a search to the Arctic with Thomas he might find out about Thomas’s past. She tells him to go and she gives him her blessing. Mason then dashes out of the room and does the exact same trek back. He sits back down with his friends and says that they should go with Thomas to the Arctic on a search to find out about Thomas’s past. Frank and Casey exclaim that that is a brilliant idea. Nick says that he wants to join to but Frank says that this trip is for Americans only. Nick grumbles to himself and walks away. Frank and Casey say that they will pack. Mason says that they trip begin tomorrow early in the morning.

When Mason gets home he finds his family sitting at the dinner table waiting for him. Hannah and Joseph viciously debate who the favorite child is. Kimberly tells them to shut up because they both are curses on her. Mason announces that he, Frank, and Casey are going on a road trip to find the Kimberly tells Hannah and her friend Britney to be careful of the lesbian couple because they rape teenage females for sexual pleasures and Mason tells Joseph and his friend Seth to be careful of the new gay boy. Mason and Kimberly then sing “Beware”.

The next day Mason announces that he is leaving. He, Frank, and Casey load up the car for the trip. Tony tells Thomas that Thomas was his best friend and he hopes Thomas goes to hell for leaving him. Thomas says, “Knowing you is like going into the jungle, I don't know what I'll find next, and I'm real scared.” Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel wave goodbye. The guys drive off. Kimberly says that they have their work cut out for them. Rachel says that she feels like the girls in Sex and the City. They chorus, “Carrie on girls!!!”

The film moves to the guys. They are driving down a road. As they drive they sing, “Road Trip.” After they sing, Thomas asks what they should talk about. Casey holds up a zip lock bag and Frank exclaims, “Wow! That's a lot of seamen, Casey.” Casey remarks, “Yeah, I bought all that I could at this bank, and then I got the rest from this guy Michael in an alley.” Mason says, “That's cool.” Casey says, “Yeah, and the sweet thing is, the stupid a$$hole didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck on a hose.” Thomas remarks, “Well, that is weird.” Mason says that he discovered that Chuck Norris can satisfy a woman by saying, “Booya!” He then points his finger at Frank who is next to him in the front seat and says, “Booya! Booya!” Frank tells Mason to knock it off Mason continues. Frank asks if Mason ever listens to himself when he talks. Mason says that he drifts in and out. Mason grabs his beer and drinks it. Casey says that it is not a good idea to drink and drive. Mason says that Jesus drank and drove. We see Jesus on a donkey with a wine glass in his hand. The donkey leaps around crazily and then runs into a horse crossing the street. A deer runs into the middle of the road. Mason swerves and crashes into a telephone pole. They all get out. Thomas says that the car is totaled. Casey says that they should head back. The others agree but Thomas. He says that the sign nearby says that they are only 100 miles from the Arctic. Casey and Frank agree to continue. Mason says that he never trust sign posts. We see Mason standing in a court. Judge to Mason: “And where was the location of the accident?” Mason, “At milepost 499, Your Honor.” Judge, “Where is this milepost 499?” Mason, “Your Honor, it is located halfway between milepost 498 and 500.” Mason says that is why he will never trust a sign. We see them travel by foot across the land toward the Arctic. Finally they reach the North Pole. Casey says that he never know there was an actual pole at the North Pole. Thomas says that there is a button on top of the pole. Mason pushes it. The ice underneath them breaks away and they fall. As they fall, Mason says that it is not the fall that kills you but Chuck Norris waiting at the bottom. Frank tells Mason to shut the fuck up. They land. Frank asks if everyone is ok. They say they are. Thomas asks where they are. Casey says that they are trapped in a hole. Frank says that there is a light in the distance. Mason says that it is probably death and not to go near it. Thomas says that he sees it to and that it is moving toward them. Suddenly a group of elves appear.

We see them ring the door bell to the lesbian’s home. A woman opens the door and tells them to come in. They go in. The lady says that her name is Pamela Harry. Kimberly introduces herself and Rachel, and Bridget do too. Another woman who is lightly clad, comes into the room and says that her name is Susanna Harry. Rachel asks Bridget if Susanna could get anymore naked. Pamela invites them to stay for dinner so they can get to now each other. Rachel and Bridget are about to say no but Kimberly says that their husbands are out of town so they have plenty of time on their hands and would be glad to stay for dinner. There son Caleb comes down from upstairs. He tells them that he is going to the store to buy new lace panties. Tony comments to himself that Caleb is gayer than that black man on Next Top Model. Pamela asks them for to sit in the family room to talk. Susanna says that she will get them some tea. We see two parrots in a cage. They squawk, “Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?” Rachel asks Pamela what the hell is wrong with her birds. Pamela says that she took the birds to the local priest and told him that they are to female birds who say dirty things. (We see Pamela talking to the priest) The priest inquires,” What do they say?" Pamela says that they say, “Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?” “That’s terrible!” the priest exclaimed, “but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots that I taught to pray and read the bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship.” “Thank you!” Pamela responds. Pamela brings her female parrots to the priest's house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The Pamela puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots and the female parrots say, “Hi, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?” One male parrot looks over at the other male parrot and exclaims, “Put the beads away. Our prayers have been answered!” All the women laugh. Kimberly asks them way they moved to Southwood. Susanna says that they were driven out of San Francisco because of lose of work. Pamela says that she is a lawyer and that her partnership went bankrupt and Susanna says that she was a San Francisco 49er’s cheerleader but left because of injuring her ankle in a jump. Kimberly says that she feels very sorry for their misfortunate. Susanna says that they are better off than the American woman who had sex with a Muslim man. We see an Islamic village. A Muslim walks into his local mosque with a big grin on his face. “What are you so happy about, Abdul?” asks the Imam. “Well, I'll tell you” replies Abdul. “I live by the railroad tracks and on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the rails, like in the American movies. I cut her free and took her back to my humble abode. Allah be praised - we made love all night, all around the tent. We did everything, me on top, sometimes her on top, every position permitted by Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him!” “By the most Merciful," exclaimed the Imam, “you have been blessed. Was she as beautiful as a desert flower?" Abdul grimaced, “By the Jinn, I do not know - I never found her head.”

The film resumes where it left off with the guys. Mason asks the elves where they are. The leader says that they are in the elves’ under the ice city. He leads them into the city. We see thousands of elves busily working and walking around. Thomas says it is amazing. The lead elf says that it was more glorious in its golden age. Thomas asks what happened. The lead elf who is introduced as Bill says that the elves use to train the reindeer for Santa and to make the presents. However Pamela Anderson and PETA arrived and closed down the reindeer training and flying because it was dangerous of the deer to fly in the sky to high. He says that Santa went into depression and left the North Pole. During the whole discussion, Frank makes it clear that he doesn’t do Christmas because he is Jewish. Bill and the fellow elves sing, “Woe to the North.” He says that the elves now make ice blocks for the Eskimos in Canada. Mason says that the Eskimo is an animal he has always wanted to see. Frank glares at Mason and says that the Eskimo is a Native American Indian. Thomas asks Bill if he knows what happened to his family. Bill says that his family died of starvation after business shut down. Mason hugs Thomas and says that Thomas is welcome to stay with the Grieks. Thomas says that he will check out the rest of the North Pole and then decide. Bill shows them all around the North Pole. We see elves working diligently at cutting ice blocks and carving them. Thomas says that he doesn’t really want to do this is entire life. Bill says that when an elf enters the city, he can never leave. Bill then goes on and tells them the reasons of way an elf can’t leave. Mason stops Bill and says, ““Elves can’t leave the city because…” That is what you sound like. Imagine if you had to hear that all day!” Mason pulls out a gun and kills Bill. The other three in shock asks what Mason has done. Mason says that Bill was getting annoying and is in a better place with chief minister of India, Sheila Dikshit. Mason then laughs and says, “Hahahaha Dick Shit” Suddenly a group of elves sees them standing over the dead body of Bill. They run at the four with knives and shout at the other elves to kill the four. Mason, Thomas, Casey, and Frank race toward the entrance as fast as they can. Outside a NOVA helicopter lands and the four escape inside of it just in time before the angry elves and kill them. The helicopter takes off and heads back to home. Thomas says that he is happy that he discovered what happened to his family. Thomas calls for a group hug. The pilot driving the helicopter asks if he can join in and Thomas yells at him to shut up and fly.

We see the outside of the Harry’s home. Inside the women are busily talking. Suddenly the door opens and Caleb comes walking in. Caleb says that he found tow new friend. We see Joseph and Hannah standing in the door way. Pamela says, “I am so proud of you Caleb!” Kimberly, Bridget, and Rachel sit in total shock. Tony laughingly exclaims, “Oh my god! The gay boy has friends!!” Caleb says that he is going to show Joseph and Hannah his new bedroom. Kimberly that they might have to leave now but Susanna interjects and says that they said they would stay for dinner. Bridget and Rachel much amused by what is happening and say that Kimberly must stay. Kimberly gives in. Suddenly her phone rings it is Mason. Mason tells her that she needs to put this on speaker phone. Mason pronounces, "Everybody I've got bad news. We've been moved to a different year." "Oh no Mason!!! How could they do that?” they all chorus. Mason says in a matter of fact way, "Well unfortunately, there's just no more room on the schedule. We just got to accept the fact that companies has to make room for terrific superhero films, supernatural horror films, Star Wars, and sequels that do well in China.” Kimberly exclaims, "Is there no hope?" Mason says, "Well I suppose if ALL those films fail in China we might have a shot." Mason then happily exclaims, “Ha got you!!” and he hangs up. Everyone smiles, laughs, and pats each other in relief. Susanna says that they can go prepare dinner then. All the ladies walk to the kitchen talking happily. Upstairs we see Caleb showing Joseph, Hannah, and Tony his room. He shows them his condom collection which freaks Hannah out and she leaves. He then shows Joseph and Tony his Ultra-Super-Mega-Hot Boys Magazine. Caleb asks Joseph how he likes his room. Joseph politely says that he likes it. Caleb claps his hands and says that he will ask if he can have Joseph sleep over. Joseph rolls his eyes and says sarcastically, “Great! I love sleepovers!” Tony meanwhile is busily looking at the magazine until he turns the page and sees a picture of a nude man’s penis. Tony tears the magazine and runs screaming. Caleb asks what is wrong with Tony and Joseph says he doesn’t know. The film moves to them all sitting around the table eating. Rachel nudges Bridget. Bridget asks if Susanna and Pamela are married. Susanna and Pamela look at each other is shock. They say that they are not married but they are sisters. Susanna and Pamela sing “Just Two Sisters”. Bridget says that she is soo sorry for mistaking them for lesbians. Pamela says that is fine because most people think they are. Pamela says that they were both harshly abused by both of their ex-husbands and after they divorced they vowed to live together to protect themselves from dangerous men. Rachel says that is soo sweet and Kimberly and Bridget agree. Rachel asks then how is Caleb related to them. Susanna says that Caleb is her retarded son who sees females as males and males as females. They all laugh heartily at the table. Later that night we see Kimberly, Rachel, Bridget, Tony, Joseph, and Hannah leaving, Susanna and Pamela says that they are welcome over anytime. Kimberly says that they are welcome anytime over to their houses’ to. They see helicopter land on the road. Bridget says that it looks like their husbands are back. They say goodbye.

That night we see the Grieks in the family room. Kimberly says that it was a very interesting day and Mason and Thomas agrees. The Griek family sings “The End”.

Hive Havoc

Release Date: July 21st

Studio: Rising Crescent Pictures

Genre: CG Animated/Family/Comedy/Action

Director: Chris Wedge

Theater Count: 3,937

Premium Formats: 3D & Dolby Vision

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Image Release Formats: 2K DCP, 2K 3D DCP, 2K Dolby Vision DCP

Audio Release Formats: 5.1, 7.1, Dolby Atmos

Production Budget: $90 million

MPAA Rating: PG for peril, cartoon action, and rude humor

Running Time: 93 minutes

Major Cast: Drake Bell (Main bee character), Josh Peck (Bee friend), Amanda Seyfried (Queen bee), John de Lancie (Wasp overlord), Michael Jai White (Wasp warrior), Miranda Cosgrove (Flirty wasp woman)

Plot Summary:

A beehive has existed happily on a tree in the backyard of a suburban house for a long time, the colony within pollinating the human inhabitants' big rose garden in peace. One summer, however, a colony of mean, aggressive wasps makes a nest under the house's gutter. The two species engage in a "turf war" complete with aerial dogfights, comedic sabotage, and eventually the kidnapping of the queen bee. Ultimately the humans call a pest removal service to destroy the wasp nest, and the bees must venture inside to rescue the queen before she is killed in the nest's removal.