That One Girl

I Can Only Imagine | March 16, 2018 | Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions | Dennis Quaid, Cloris Leachman star

44 minutes ago, bcf26 said:

Have you watched the movie? Did you like it?

The movie was very good -- certainly in the upper tier with All Saints and Courageous as far as faith-based films go.

In fact, the film had this profound effect on me. I got really emotional as a Christian who wants to be a filmmaker, because I was inspired by the story of the artist and how he was able to express himself and give glory to God at the same time.

One thing this film does right is act as more of a drama than a sermon. It preaches its message without being preachy, just as a great film should. The film allows implements great film technique in quite a few places. In this dry March/April season, if there isn't anything else that entices you, I really do recommend seeing this film for sure.

Roadside Attractions didn't go all in on this one for nothing!

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, slambros said:

I am currently predicting this to be the breakout faith-based film of the Easter season, over God's Not Dead 3, Paul, Apostle of Christ, and Mary Magdalene- even though I wish for all of them to be successful in their own right.

Roadside Attractions- Roadside Attractions- did not collect the distribution rights for nothing. I'm sure of that.

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 2