That One Girl

I Can Only Imagine | March 16, 2018 | Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions | Dennis Quaid, Cloris Leachman star

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is this the first movie ever to take its title from a Christian rock song?

The song came into my head as soon as I saw the title. The gospel play is kind of its own sub-genre within black theater, there are plays named after songs and some have been made into films, IDK if there is same thing with Contemporary Christian/rock. Amazing Grace is a hymn but it's probably been used as a movie title.

Dennis Quaid is the star? Curious about which 2010s bad boys will be making heartwarming family films in 20-30 years time...

• Like 1

I am currently predicting this to be the breakout faith-based film of the Easter season, over God's Not Dead 3, Paul, Apostle of Christ, and Mary Magdalene- even though I wish for all of them to be successful in their own right.

Roadside Attractions- Roadside Attractions- did not collect the distribution rights for nothing. I'm sure of that.

• Like 1

The Wrap reports that it will open from 1.620 screens. Budget is 7M.

Finally, there’s Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions’ faith-based film, based on the story behind the hit song of the same name by Christian rock band MercyMe. Starring J. Michael Finley as MercyMe vocalist Bart Millard and Dennis Quaid as his father, Arthur, the film is expected to open outside the top ten with a $2-4 million opening from 1,620 screens, with a reported budget of $7 million.

@slambros
Good for your club :).

1 hour ago, el sid said:

The Wrap reports that it will open from 1.620 screens. Budget is 7M.

Finally, there’s Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions’ faith-based film, based on the story behind the hit song of the same name by Christian rock band MercyMe. Starring J. Michael Finley as MercyMe vocalist Bart Millard and Dennis Quaid as his father, Arthur, the film is expected to open outside the top ten with a $2-4 million opening from 1,620 screens, with a reported budget of $7 million.

@slambros
Good for your club :).

This is a pretty good sign in my opinion. That's a healthy amount of screens for the film; Roadside Attractions absolutely seems to know what they're doing with what they have. Contrary to what the reporter suggests, I think $2-4 Million will be just enough for this film to debut in the top ten, especially if it is on the higher end; Death Wish, for example, won't be able to hold *that* well, especially against Tomb Raider. In fact, I think this film can astound by leaping over $5 million on the opening weekend; sometimes it's harder to measure jusr how far grassroots word-of-mouth is carrying a film at a given moment.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:48 PM, slambros said:

I am currently predicting this to be the breakout faith-based film of the Easter season, over God's Not Dead 3, Paul, Apostle of Christ, and Mary Magdalene- even though I wish for all of them to be successful in their own right.

Roadside Attractions- Roadside Attractions- did not collect the distribution rights for nothing. I'm sure of that.

I think this post is gonna age really well after this weekend - presales are looking great for this movie...now, if it gets enough screens to actually break out:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 2:11 AM, DAJK said:

Whenever I see Dennis Quaid, I can only think of that shirt he did on Ellen with the earpiece where he walked into Starbucks and shouted

"DENNIS QUAID IS HERE!"

Oh yes, that video on Ellen was funny.

• Like 1

On Thursday, January 04, 2018 at 7:26 AM, The Mad Panda said:

I’m going to make a club

I Can Only Imagine OVER Avengers: Infinity War OW and DOM!

Your club just failed.

Oh wait, how can you make a club when you are the only member?:hahaha:

Edited by bcf26

On Thursday, January 04, 2018 at 7:48 AM, slambros said:

It is now a breakout. It exceeded everyone's expectations as it made over 16M OW.

On Friday, February 09, 2018 at 8:41 PM, slambros said:

This is now releasing wide on the 16th of March! This looks better than a lot of other faith based films so I can't wait to see how this one does.

Have you watched the movie? Did you like it?

• Like 1