K1stpierre

The Bad Batch (2017)

Grade it  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

The Bad Batch is nearly incomprehensible in an obnoxiously obtuse way. Maybe it's trying to commentate on modern America or just be a fun genre piece, but it fails at both of these possible ambitions. Amirpour definitely directs it with effort, and the cinematography is generally nice, but really this movie is extremely unappealing for the majority of its runtime. Keanu Reeves is a welcome presence as always, but that doesn't save this movie. The Bad Batch fails as a film no matter which way you slice it, disappointing in nearly every sense. D-

On 07/03/2018 at 1:51 PM, Blankments said:

The Bad Batch is nearly incomprehensible in an obnoxiously obtuse way. Maybe it's trying to commentate on modern America or just be a fun genre piece, but it fails at both of these possible ambitions. Amirpour definitely directs it with effort, and the cinematography is generally nice, but really this movie is extremely unappealing for the majority of its runtime. Keanu Reeves is a welcome presence as always, but that doesn't save this movie. The Bad Batch fails as a film no matter which way you slice it, disappointing in nearly every sense. D-

While I know exactly what you mean, I still found this film to be mildly intoxicating.  I'm not really sure what it was trying to comment on but whatever they did, it worked in some ways.  I can't really tell you why I liked it, only that I did.  It shocked me when they cut off Suki's legs at the beginning and I genuinely felt bad for her when she was rolling around on the makeshift skateboard.  Again, not really sure what it is about this film that appealed to me, but it did in some ways.

7/10