Mockingjay Raphael

Happy Death Day // $53.6M WW // Breaking records in Brazil

I can't speak for other countries but I've seen absolutely nothing for this movie over here. The trailer hasn't played once, The Ritual, Double Date, Jigsaw and The Snowman have been playing. There are no posters for it up in the cinema, nothing. Universal are normally good with marketing, both Split and Get Out were everywhere. It looks like they're giving The Snowman all the marketing right now.

They've also pushed it back so it now opens against Thor.

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I can't speak for other countries but I've seen absolutely nothing for this movie over here. The trailer hasn't played once, The Ritual, Double Date, Jigsaw and The Snowman have been playing. There are no posters for it up in the cinema, nothing. Universal are normally good with marketing, both Split and Get Out were everywhere. It looks like they're giving The Snowman all the marketing right now.

They've also pushed it back so it now opens against Thor.

Where do you live? I’m seeing plenty of advertising here, and they’re releasing it on a big holiday week, they’re treating it like a blockbuster. 

On 30/09/2017 at 9:06 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

I saw the trailer when I went to watch It at the cinemas...This and Jigsaw trailer.

Ha! Same here in Ireland :D I though HDD's trailer wasn't bad, got my attention. But can't see it doing massive business, everything points to a huge spoiler being shared after release.

• Like 1

Happy Death Day also began its international roll out this weekend, debuting in 11 markets and bringing in an estimated $5 million. Top markets included an estimated $2 million debut in Brazil and $1.1 million in Australia. Next weekend, the film opens in 16 territories including Sweden, Taiwan and the U.K. and Ireland.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4335&p=.htm

Brazil is the top opener at number two for the weekend on $2m, above recent films Split and The Conjuring. Australia generated $1.1m for third place, which is in-line with 2016’s Don’t Breathe. Peru generated $554,000, while the Netherlands produced $244,000 for the weekend. Chile generated $198,000, New Zealand produced $151,000, as Turkey is off to a strong start on $184,000. Israel produced $433,000 over the weekend, the second-biggest opening of all-time for the genre. Happy Death Day has opened 16% above Get Out in the same markets. Next weekend, the film opens in 16 territories including the UK, Taiwan and Sweden.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

• Like 1

If it manages to keep this pace, it would finish at $90m OS, considering that it has a lot more of appeal in LA than GO had (it already surpassed the TOTAL of GO here on the OW alone, while it’s going to make at least 3x more in Mexico), I would say that $100m is extremely likely, and if it manages to break out in Horror friendly markets like UK/SK, then it would have a chance at going above $120m. 

Universal and Blumhouse’s latest horror entry opened in 15 markets this session to lift the total to 26. With $6.5M added, the offshore cume is a running $12.9M for $53.6M global. The UK was the top opener with $1.4M at No. 4. The Netherlands held to -16% for $568K after two frames. For Halloween this week, there are 13 more markets going, including horror-friendly Mexico.