baumer

mother! (2017)

Grade it  

53 members have voted

1. 1. g

hooooo bitch. miss lawrence shoulda got an Oscar nom for THIS, not Joy. 

it lost me during my first screening when all the people started showing up and the house started looking like a trainwreck near the end, but after i did some research..... BITCH! I GET IT!!

THE POET IS GOD? MOTHER IS MOTHER EARTH? ADAM ND EVE ND CAIN ND ABEL ND JESUS ND ETC, THIS WAS SO CLEVERRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

lets talk about the pros:

- the acting, of course.

- the cinematography

- that beautiful ass house (before those crazy ass bitches pulled up and tore it apart)

- THE BEGINNING (when Jlaw wakes up, not the part when miss girl was on fire)

- literally EVERY scene where it was JUST JLaw nd Javier in the house. I have never hated people sooo much.

- that Kristen Wiig cameo was cute nd surprising, but then i hated her ass when she started shooting people up. anyways.

- the beautiful housewife outfit thing she had goin on i liked that! she put on make-up for ha man! too bad he ain't give a damn!

tumblr_inline_p1fkwhg8n21qfemna_250.gif

- "YOU NEVER LOVED ME. YOU JUST LOVED HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU. I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!! AND YOU GAVE IT ALL AWAY!"

tumblr_inline_p08qyb8EWj1qf89pq_400.gif

cons:

- i mean i liked that it had literally no score, but it coulda been better wit a little music in the background. just a lil.

- LITERALLY EVERY SCENE WHERE SOMEONE OTHER THAN JLAW ND JAVIER WERE IN THE HOUSE. a bitch was stressed. GET OUT!

tumblr_inline_p1gxzqnYCW1szkflc_250.gif

- they literally..... tore..... that big ass house.... apart....... (i know its a metaphor)

- they took ha baby........ and killed it........ (i know its a metaphor)

- the scene where jlaw was on the ground getting jumped, nnnnnnnnn that was tooo realistic. i had to shield my eyes.

- the poet really aint shit. i mean she told his ass she dint want nobody in her house. and he let them come in anyway. mess.

- the fact that it's like a time loop so that means it's going to happen all over again really drained my ass. like damn sis.....

tumblr_inline_p07sd9uITX1qf89pq_400.gif

HOOOOO bitch this movie was triggering !!!!! everytime somebody did what they wanted to do in HER house it pissed me off! BITCH this ain't your house! GET OUT! 

tumblr_inline_owuvcoKyjk1qf89pq_250.gif 

SHE GONE COOK A GOOD ASS HOMEMADE MEAL FOR HER MAN AND Y'ALL HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BREAK IN AND EAT IT LIKE IT'S YOURS? GET OUT!!!!!!

giphy.gif

but anyways it's the most interesting film i've ever watched. kinda like when i first saw gone girl in 2014. i'll definitely recommend this to others, but u sure as hell won't be seeing MY ass watching it again.

B- (76%) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

we finally saw this - totally understand why it is divisive and I would grade it a solid C. The middle of the 3rd act was just a bit much for me with a new baby in the house and all, but I found it compelling and the non-use of score was actually effective IMO in building the tension necessary.

Michelle and Jennifer were amazing - the film should be in more consideration for awards, but whatever.