WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

13 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Lord and Miller's franchise has run its course already. It's done. Lego movie 2 won't do any better. Guaranteed to see a drop from first one...HTTYD style. 

STOP IT HASN'T HOLLYWOOD TAKEN ENOUGH FROM THEM ALREADY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I wore a suit to the first Kingsman and made a very long snapchat story joking that I was cosplaying as Christian Grey don't @ me

It was great, we had a good amount of the staff members come in either dressed as kingsman or statesman!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The trailer views for Coco are lacking and so is social media. Moana and BH6 definitely had more hype and I think TGD might've as well. The 2 newest trailer combined make about 3M views. 

Only the first teaser garnered any significant amount of views for Coco, but even then that was less than Moana's first teaser. Moana's 2 trailers combined to around 13-15M at this point last year IIRC.

Then again, the WDAS YouTube channel has about 3 times as many subscribers as the Pixar YouTube channel, so more people are notified when a new WDAS trailer goes up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

Only the first teaser garnered any significant amount of views for Coco, but even then that was less than Moana's first teaser. Moana's 2 trailers combined to around 13-15M at this point last year IIRC.

Then again, the WDAS YouTube channel has about 3 times as many subscribers as the Pixar YouTube channel, so more people are notified when a new WDAS trailer goes up.

To add insult to injury, Ninjago, Captain Underpants and Emoji have had higher combined trailer views and higher views in general. And those opened to low $20M's

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I think that's the spot they should aim for. Mid May and Early November seem like good spots.

And February if it's available. Early November worked well for Happy Feet 1 and Polar Express and with DWA going for September, they should reserve it from 2021. WB release films in mid May and animation can do well there so I think Scooby could do decent business in summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

And February if it's available. Early November worked well for Happy Feet 1 and Polar Express and with DWA going for September, they should reserve it from 2021. WB release films in mid May and animation can do well there so I think Scooby could do decent business in summer. 

February, mid May and early November are great spots to aim for WAG's films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

To add insult to injury, Ninjago, Captain Underpants and Emoji have had higher combined trailer views. And those opened to low $20M's

Heck, the Olaf short attached to Coco has more views than Coco combined trailer view count, and that only had 1 trailer.

• Like 1

Just now, PNF2187 said:

Heck, the Olaf short attached to Coco has more views than Coco combined trailer view count, and that only had 1 trailer.

The Olaf short will premiere on TV a few weeks later. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blankments said:

1.85:1 in a franchise that has been consistently 2.39:1 feels odd to me in a lot of ways. Avengers had a solid reason to accent the Hulk's scale, but Justice League's team doesn't really make that aspect ratio switch justified.

1. ...that makes you mad?

2. We haven't seen the movie, it seems odd to claim an aspect ratio isn't "justified". (As if you need to justify it in the first place).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I still don't understand why WB didnt just fucking make Lego Movie 2 and have it open to 90m but instead they thought making spin-off films was  better, whyyyyyyyyyyy!?

IMO Batman makes sense BUT they should've held off until after LEGO 2. As for the first part of the question, why did Disney hire comedy directors for a movie they didn't want to be a comedy? :ph34r:

Just now, Blankments said:

IMO Batman makes sense BUT they should've held off until after LEGO 2. As for the first part of the question, why did Disney hire comedy directors for a movie they didn't want to be a comedy? :ph34r:

They figured they'd reign themselves in for the movie. They didn't and refused to change their method so Lucasfilm had to let them go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, the ship has sailed on a 23 Jump Street. By the time it came out it would just pull a Little Fockers or Hangover 3.

Ehhh if they somehow could get out next year (not impossible since 22 shot in September and came out in June) I think it'd still do good. After that though, yeah it'll be too late.

6 hours ago, YourMother said:

L&M work the best in animation. Maybe they should do more features out of Lord/Miller Productions or be involved in a brain trust.

Lord/Miller productions does  have the best live-action comedy of the year, just sayin'

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Not quite sure what critics saw that was bad in Kingsman that I didn't.  If you loved the first one like I did, then you'll probably love this.  It's fucking great.

It's weaker than the first film and it's too long but it is a fun film. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Not quite sure what critics saw that was bad in Kingsman that I didn't.  If you loved the first one like I did, then you'll probably love this.  It's fucking great.

How was Tatum, Pascal and Berry?

• Like 1