Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I decided to take Pre-Calc next semester just as an elective. Am I making a mistake? :ohmygod: 

Pre-Calc is a pain in the ass

But the misery is worth it when you get to Calc which is loads of fun. Love it

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

In that case *shrug* it's probably not a bad decision either way but memorizing trig stuff is bad dumb and stupid

My algebra professor (who's also teaching my stats class next semester) is a strong proponent against trig and doesn't persuade people to take it unless they have to :lol: 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My algebra professor (who's also teaching my stats class next semester) is a strong proponent against trig and doesn't persuade people to take it unless they have to :lol: 

Trig and Pre-Calc are thought as two separate classes? That seems strange to me. But trig is bad

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Strong proponent against it how?  Trig is all over the place when you take Calculus, but I also don't think there's much of a point in taking the class for Trig.  The main reason for that is all of your trig is in Pre-Cal and you can pick up any weak spots for it as you go.  The class itself is a waste of time in that regard, but the concepts are essential.

Edited by The Last Panda
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Trig and Pre-Calc are thought as two separate classes? That seems strange to me. But trig is bad

College is a different beast than high school :hahaha: 

4 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Strong proponent against it how?  Trig is all over the place when you take Calculus, but I also don't think there's much of a point in taking the class for Trig.  The main reason for that is all of your trig is in Pre-Cal and you can pick up any weak spots for it as you go.  The class itself is a waste of time in that regard, but the concepts are essential.

She just personally hates trig :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Essential and also the biggest pain in the ads imaginable 

I don't love trig, but there's no working around it when you start doing polar coordinates.  And it definitely makes some iterated integrals easier when you have the option to switch to polar, cylindrical and spherical coordinates (actually axe that on spherical, spherical is pretty annoying all around).

Edited by The Last Panda
  • Like 1