Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

Which is exactly why fishnets belongs there. When they stoop so low to attack Blanchett. Bitches.

Senor Blanchitto is an awesome nickname which Blanchett would like because she has sense of humor unlike her stuffed turkey characters. Plus she`s the Queen of Camp so the nickname is less of a slag and more of affectional tease.

• Like 1

Until you see Amout, you can't say who is going to win. Riva is that good. I really think it could be a surprise this year. I'll be thrilled if Jlaw wins, but imo, Riva is more deserving.

The subject matter is a BIG NO for me.

Just NO.

Don't want to see that AT ALL.

My grandpa lived his last 6 years in a nursing home and that s enough for me. He had all his head though but his neighbours had those senile diseases.

And I have serious phylosophical issues with Haneke who is for me the worst patronizing european intellectual I have ever seen.

So I'll never see this film but I am sure Riva is great and Oscar worthy.

Sometimes AMPAS recognizes very difficult performances to sit through, that I had no pleasure watching : Theron in Monster and Swank in Boys don't Cry.

But I feel this is Jen's year, she was so alive, fantastic and vibrant in SLP ( the don't bullshit a bullshitter Jlaw stare !), she gave street cred to a young adult franchise with her charismatic star making turn as Katniss so I think she deserves it.

I don't think she gets BAFTA though.

We ll see how it finally pans out ...

Edited by The Futurist

I need to see SLP.

Jennifer and Jessica are my favorites right now, other than Claire Holt and Naya Rivera, but they are TV though.

But yeah, it's hard having to choose one to root for. I really want to see SLP to make my choice, but I am sticking with Chastain for the moment.

Loved her in ZDT. Just wow.

However, whoever wins will be well deserved. I think it is a good year for Best Actress, not one of the best, but good nonetheless. 

This is just me being a fanboy, but even though she wore little make up and her character wasn't very glamorous, Jessica Chastain was still gorgeous in ZDT

This is just me being a fangirl and agreeing, but I totally agree. During the movie, my dad looked over to me and said, "Natural beauty. She can sure act."

My dad rarely says that about actors or actresses. Like, he thinks SLP, Lincoln, etc. all are "churro." He thinks they look decent or crappy and not deserving of praise or something. He is such a hater.

He thinks Jennifer is an okay actress, but he's only seen her in THG. Smh, dad. At least he loves Chastain<3 

Nobody wears little make-up in movies. Actresses may wear a make-up that looks like no make-up but they wear a lot regardless.

My concern with JLaw is that her role is supporting so I don`t want a backlash.

Do you think JLaw will be back next year for Serena? And a couple years after that for MJ2?

I think she seriously will be nommed again for Serena- but probably won't be the frontrunner.

Edited by Silver Linings aDIM

Do you think JLaw will be back next year for Serena? And a couple years after that for MJ2?

I think she seriously will be nommed again for Serena- but probably won't be the frontrunner.

Serena is really baity but alld epends how the movie`s received.

I wish she wins for Katniss in MJ2.

Haters can suck my nuts, Chastain deserves all the praise she's been getting

yep, and JLaw deserves more praise she`s getting.

After all, "i`m a motherfucker who found this place" was designed for Oscar voters but they didn`t count on

Posted Image

(couldn`t find that mesmerizing belly dance gif)

Serena is really baity but alld epends how the movie`s received.

I wish she wins for Katniss in MJ2.

yep, and JLaw deserves more praise she`s getting.

After all, "i`m a motherfucker who found this place" was designed for Oscar voters but they didn`t count on

Posted Image

(couldn`t find that mesmerizing belly dance gif)

SLP is ripe for like 54 sexy gifs of Jennifer Lawrence

That "motherfucker" line felt really forced and uncharacteristic for me.Admittedly, I need to rewatch ZDT asap. I did not see it under the best circumstances.

Didnt you see it in like one of those "eat dinner while watching a movie" theaters?

That "motherfucker" line felt really forced and uncharacteristic for me.

Admittedly, I need to rewatch ZDT asap. I did not see it under the best circumstances.

It`s a mixed bag. On one side, it works because she is pushed into thebackground while incompetent people took over explaining things to big wigs which she could have done better, so when they finally acknowledged her presence she put them in place with that line. OTOH, it`s on the nose because all those people were men so it was really "I`M A WOMAN! LOOK A WOMAN DID WHAT MEN COULD NOT! I`M A WOMAN! WOMAN!" which is ridiculous because we know the movie was NOT a realistic depiction of the events and the point was really that she was simply one of the field agents and thus deemed unimportant among Washington burocrats not that she was a WOMAN agent and thus deemed unimportant among male Washington burocrats. They could`ve had some Washington bitch there or few of them and the line would work and even better without the stupid feminism and paralels with Oscar-hungry Bigelow who obviously can`t get enough of them judging by her sour face this season.

Edited by fishnets