Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

Early predictions:Keira Knightley for Anna KarreniaI'll get back to you :PIs Mulligan lead or supproting in Gastby? Same with Hathaway for Les M? (Yes this tells you how much I know the 2 stories :P)

Thinking about this category really makes you realize just how little female lead roles there are compared to male roles. I can't think of any serious competitors right now besides Keira.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

The little girl from Beasts of Southern WildAnne Hathaway for Les MiserableMeryl Streep for Hope SpringsThat's all I got for now

Meryl Streep isn't happening IMO, it's a comedy, and she just won, so the Academy probably will give her a break, especially seeing as she's as of now the runaway favourite for actress the following year in "August: Osage County." [but, we all know how runaway favourite status works for Streep :P ] But, to her credit, this movie's directed by the Director that got her a nomination for "Prada", and managed to convince the Academy that she was lead, so she could..... but I don't see it. Plus, it's being released in August now, so it'll need to get like "The Help" level of box office success if it wants to be seriously considered for awards [Apart from the Golden Globes of course] Edited by riczhang