Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

SM3 made 19m in China(about 4.9m admissions) and average ticket price was about $3.87 for SM3 in 2007.TASM is in 3D, it will make about 32m in China even if TASM's admissions would stay flat compared to SM3.Overall box office of China in 2007 was about 0.437b.Overall box office in 2012 would be more than 2.7b.2.7b/0.437b x 19m = 117mOverall admissions of China in 2007 reached about 120m.Overall admissions in 2007 would reach around 480m.That means TASM's admissions would reached about 20m(about $130m).

SM3 was bigger than both POTC3 and HP5 in 2007.

POTC4 and HP8 both made over 65M in 2011.

I'd say 80M is the minimum TASM will make in 2012.

80m?

Journey 2 made about 61.5m in spring in China.

Journey 2 is not as well-known as Spiderman in China at all.

The reason why 8.7m people paid for it just because it was in IMAX + native 3D.

Edited by SentryTrans

80m?

Journey 2 made about 61.5m in spring in China.

Journey 2 is not as well-known as Spiderman in China at all.

The reason why 8.7m people paid for it just because it was in IMAX + native 3D.

Minimum. :)

I am predicting 120M+ BTW. :)

hmm one thing that might hinder this movie's gross is Dark Knight Rises opening just a couple weeks after

TDKR won't get a day-and-date release in China.Even if it does, TASM can comfortably keep playing on 3D screens.

SM3 made 19m in China(about 4.9m admissions) and average ticket price was about $3.87 for SM3 in 2007.TASM is in 3D, it will make about 32m in China even if TASM's admissions would stay flat compared to SM3.Overall box office of China in 2007 was about 0.437b.Overall box office in 2012 would be more than 2.7b.2.7b/0.437b x 19m = 117mOverall admissions of China in 2007 reached about 120m.Overall admissions in 2007 would reach around 480m.That means TASM's admissions would reached about 20m(about $130m).

We can bet big on TASM, $100m is very likely :)

I don't know if I believe some of you anymore lol. You guys made me think Battleship would do like 500m OS! :rant:

We're humans ;) We can't see the future.And we talk about Spiderman, not an unknown license as Battleship.

We're humans ;) We can't see the future.And we talk about Spiderman, not an unknown license as Battleship.

Yup. Brand value is the biggest thing that matters overseas (especially in Asia). Spider-man has a lot of that.

Yup. Brand value is the biggest thing that matters overseas (especially in Asia). Spider-man has a lot of that.

Brand value is very important.Both POTC4 and TF3 were bad movies, but they made more than 1B WW. Edited by SentryTrans