CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

This really needs to do well OS now after the disappointing start in the USA.How does that Italy OD compare with Expendables 1? Might give us a hint of how Europe will go.

ExpendablesOD:€0.215M(Wednesday)OW(FRI-SUN):€0.949MTOTAL GROSS:€2.97M Edited by efialtes76

ExpendablesOD:€0.215M(Wednesday)OW(FRI-SUN):€0.949MTOTAL GROSS:€2.97M

So EX2 doing better than EX1, hopefully this is a trend for all European and OS markets where the sequel actually grosses more unlike in the USA with Expendables.

Agreed. So far disappointed in EX2 DOM numbers.

Yes, they have been disappointing and could drop lower still.OS is key now, so we need to wait for Sunday OS estimates now.
  • Like 1

Universal released The Expendables 2 in Italy and Russia where the action adventure opened top in both markets on high scores. It grossed $2m from 259 in Italy and a mighty $7.9m from 750 in Russia.

Thats pretty good...

Universal released The Expendables 2 ...

Oh, oh. I remember the talk how Lionsgate didn't see much of Ex1's overseas earnings due to them selling distribution rights beforehand. I wonder how the situation looks now, considering OS gross seems much more vital in this case.

I hope we don't have to suffer through another bout of unreported overseas figures like last time. There were so many different distributors before than the gross didn't come in at times. It was released in about 30 markets this weekend, why was there only three markets that reported?

I hope we don't have to suffer through another bout of unreported overseas figures like last time. There were so many different distributors before than the gross didn't come in at times. It was released in about 30 markets this weekend, why was there only three markets that reported?

Well three main ones were reported.$12.7M from Italy, Russia and the UK and the rest from 27 smaller markets I guess to make $17.25M OS.Though that OS gross does seem very low for 30 markets!