SLAM!

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero | April 13th, 2018 | Fun Academy's debut feature | starring Logan Lerman, Helena Bonham Carter, and Gerard Depardieu | Now a Wide Release according to Box Office Mojo

Well, I received the confirmation that the film won't have that narration when the latest trailer aired during I Can Only Imagine. And, honestly, going by the trailer, the film doesn't look bad!

(But the only chance I see this over Isle of Dogs is if all of the film geeks rush to the latter film so that it either sells out or takes up all of the good seats and leavea the nosebleed seats in the front. There is a point where I need to be honest with myself about the quality of these smaller films. But I'm still gonna root for this to succeed, and if the trailer keeps getting placed in great strategic places such as I Can Only Imagine and Sherlock Gnomes, I think this could surprise a little bit based on the intrigue of the source material.)

Edited by slambros

49 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is this 2018's RATCHET AND CLANK?

While I think Sgt. Stubby may be much more well received critically, I think it may very well be 2018's Ratchet and Clank in the box office sense, especially if Isle of Dogs is a breakout among film pundits across America.