SLAM!

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero | April 13th, 2018 | Fun Academy's debut feature | starring Logan Lerman, Helena Bonham Carter, and Gerard Depardieu | Now a Wide Release according to Box Office Mojo

Sgt. Stubby is the first animated feature film from a new company called Fun Academy. It is releasing on April 13th against Blumhouse's Truth or Dare and Pantelion's Overboard. It is based on the true story of the dog Sgt. Stubby who participated alongside the United States army during World War 1.

I personally think this can do very well for a small company's debut feature.

Edited by slambros

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Why is there a Nick Jr. voiceover playing over the entire trailer?

Beats me. But on the bright side, the narration doesn't sound like it is Helena Bonham Carter's voice, and Helena Bonham Carter seems to be the only woman in the reported cast; this would mean that this narration is something exclusive to the trailers.

But hey. Plenty of trailers have had narration before. Maybe not to this scale, sure. But if they thought it would help sell the film to audiences, then I guess I understand why they included it. I mean, this is their first time releasing a debut feature. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going to continue to look at some positives of the film; the animation is very nice for what I think would be a small budget; Logan Lerman is good in his role, as he usually is; and Patrick Doyle (The Boffy-nominated composer of Thor: Ragnarok, as well as the Oscar-nominated composer of Sense & Sensibility and Hamlet) composed the score.

Edited by slambros

1 minute ago, slambros said:

I'm going to continue to look at some positives of the film; the animation is very nice for what I think would be a small budget; Logan Lerman is good in his role, as he usually is; and Patrick Doyle (The Boffy-nominated composer of Thor: Ragnarok, as well as the Oscar-nominated composer of Sense & Sensibility and Hamlet) composed the score.

Doyle didn't do Ragnarok.

He's still very good, but Ragnarok was from Mark Mothersbaugh (from Devo!).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Doyle didn't do Ragnarok.

He's still very good, but Ragnarok was from Mark Mothersbaugh (from Devo!).

Oh. My bad. I looked at his IMDb page and saw Thor: Ragnarok, but it turns out he just wrote one of the songs for the soundtrack.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, slambros said:

Oh. My bad. I looked at his IMDb page and saw Thor: Ragnarok, but it turns out he just wrote one of the songs for the soundtrack.

They used his Sons of Odin theme from the first Thor movie, in the film, quite effectively might I add. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

They used his Sons of Odin theme from the first Thor movie, in the film, quite effectively might I add. 

Huh. Well, that's pretty interesting.

I... *gulp* ...haven't actually seen any of the Thor movies, so I'd have no way of knowing...

2 minutes ago, slambros said:

Huh. Well, that's pretty interesting.

I... *gulp* ...haven't actually seen any of the Thor movies, so I'd have no way of knowing...

Huh, well if you do get around to seeing the Thor films, I will say that the first and Ragnarok are highly recommend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Huh, well if you do get around to seeing the Thor films, I will say that the first and Ragnarok are highly recommend. 

6 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

The first THOR is... watchable. 

I have to say... me and my dad went to the theater with the intention of seeing that first Thor film way back in the day. But we were pretty late to the showing, so poor little me decided to see a film that we wouldn't be late too.

And that film was Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family.

:gold:

One of the worst films I've ever seen in a theater. But still, the audience we were with were acting like they were a live audience for a sitcom. That was quite an experience.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, slambros said:

I have to say... me and my dad went to the theater with the intention of seeing that first Thor film way back in the day. But we were pretty late to the showing, so poor little me decided to see a film that we wouldn't be late too.

And that film was Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family.

:gold:

One of the worst films I've ever seen in a theater. But still, the audience we were with were acting like they were a live audience for a sitcom. That was quite an experience.

I can only imagine. Watching a Tyler Perry film is like that. The jokes are so cheap, and usually forced, that they feel like they're written to have a laugh track accommodating them or something.  

Sucks you had to miss Thor, but that happens. Reminds me of when I had to skip Madagascar 2 once, and instead see High School Musical 3, because the showing of the earlier film was sold-out, and I was desperate to see any film at the time. Lol!

• Like 1