Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Betting the @4815162342 bomb is either Pillars, Mass Effect or Pokémon 2.

The bomb would not be a film I pulled from this year's schedule. That's not a bomb, that's me doing what I originally intended.

Also it can't be Pokemon unless I released it in November/December, since it came out August Year 2.

But it wouldn't be Pokemon.

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The bomb would not be a film I pulled from this year's schedule. That's not a bomb, that's me doing what I originally intended.

Also it can't be Pokemon unless I released it in November/December, since it came out August Year 2.

But it wouldn't be Pokemon.

I can think of what it MIGHT be, but I won’t say anything.

NFTO should be up tomorrow. It's pretty much the same movie but it's fleshed out a bit more in places. Should be up by tomorrow evening. Just want to do a grammatical run-through of it tomorrow in addition to today.

Also, I apologize - it's joining the 10k word club.

For a hint of how Gem's introduction scene will be different: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkReprise

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

NFTO should be up tomorrow. It's pretty much the same movie but it's fleshed out a bit more in places. Should be up by tomorrow evening. Just want to do a grammatical run-through of it tomorrow in addition to today.

Also, I apologize - it's joining the 10k word club.

For a hint of how Gem's introduction scene will be different: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkReprise

Hyped.

Howling Commandos was decent fun overall, but here were my big notes on it:

—There were a few typos and grammatical errors in here; I’d recommend another look.

—My biggest issue with the movie is probably the awkward balance of tone. The move from serious and emotional to silly and parodic (some of the references seem a bit too try-hard) isn’t smooth, especially when scenes could come from Van Helsing or The Mask. Keeping a bit more consistency would help.

—I’d also like to get a clearer sense of the teams personalities and powers. As many of the members kind of blend together, several of the bigger characters just kind of get a bunch of powers that don’t really have any clear logic or explanation, basically just what the plot needs them to be. I think making the rules of this world a bit clearer, and diving a bit more into each character, would be pretty cool.

—Merlin was an okay villain, but a bit of a non starter. His motives seem unengaging if not straight up unclear, while his powers seem kind of out there as well. 

—Build on the relationship between Evans and Brown - it’s a pretty strong bit as Eleven learns to accept who she is and feels at home with the Commandos. Personally I’m surprised she didn’t want to join the Commandos at the end, but maybe it’s just me.

Still a fun ride, but needs a bit of work.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, Isle of Pasta said:

@Rorschach @Ethan Hunt @Hiccup23 @YourMother the Edgelord

Please don’t be mad, and I’m aware of how hypocritical I am.....but I thought of a scene I wanted to add to 2park.

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

@Rorschach @Ethan Hunt @Hiccup23 @YourMother the Edgelord

The scene is added in an additional spoiler tag in 2park, so it should be easy to find. It's not too integral to the plot, but helps make the emotional scene towards the end a bit less out of the blue.

Here's a quick version:

Spoiler

As Kozar is being rescued from the hallucination market, Venchell experiences a vivid memory of his Earth family and his pre-experiment appearance, needing a moment of peace as he continues his crusade.

And here's the scene itself:

Spoiler

Meanwhile, as the last of the weapons are loaded onto Venchell's ship with the help of the Rizak arms dealer, he admits that he wants to spend a moment in the market place, just to get a quick whiff of something. He brings a phone like device out of his pocket. 60 seconds after I press this, can you some get me? In one shot, he steps back into the market and the camera turns around him. He closes his eyes and finds himself in a Earth-style home. He imagines the human Venchell (as a separate entity) having told his parents about the job offer, and them celebrating. Venchell narrates as he sees the dreamlike memory play out. "You've become a distant memory, and I'm not even sure you're still around, but the Gavin you knew is still in here somewhere. I just want you to know that I've still got room for you in my heart, however small I am, however different I am. He closes his eyes, as the Rizak appears in the market, taking his arm. "I'm ready. I just needed that for a moment."

• Like 1

The revised full cast for 24 Hours, which should be finalized by late afternoon tomorrow I think:

Carrie Coon   Miles Teller  

Idris Elba  

Olivia Cooke  

Daniel Kaluuya  

Raúl Esparza  

Brian d'Arcy James   Clifton Collins, Jr.  

with Mark Rylance  

and Joan Allen

• Like 4