Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt Reviews: Y3

September (Part 2)

The Cycle of the Werewolf- Two good Werewolf movies in the span of a month! Who would’ve thought it. This one a bit slower paced and awkwardly structured is just good. Representation for the handicapped gets huge bonus points from me. The July 4th sequence is haunting. The Werewolf himself is cool and Marty is great- B+

Doom- For a decent portion of the runtime I thought this was a fine little thriller… and then the whole “oh they’re from hell thing happened” and just yikes from there- C+

Cross Country- Fun little action movie- B

Dazzled- For a comedy… it’s really not funny at all.- D

Fright Town- This... is unique. Kinda fun and zany actually- B+

KIm Possible- Ron is great. Everything else is in the movie I guess- B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Doom- For a decent portion of the runtime I thought this was a fine little thriller… and then the whole “oh they’re from hell thing happened” and just yikes from there- C+

Well that's DEFINITELY not the reaction I expected! Not the "just yikes" part I figured a lot of people wouldn't like it, but the first part... at no point is any of this supposed to be taken seriously.

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Well that's DEFINITELY not the reaction I expected! Not the "just yikes" part I figured a lot of people wouldn't like it, but the first part... at no point is any of this supposed to be taken seriously.

It was goofy but the sequences were exciting and I was interested to see where it would go. And then it went to hell (literally)

October (part 1)

Halloweentown- Animation is cool. Doesn’t do much to change the story from the original movie but it’s a pleasant time- B-

Fatal Rendezvou- This is… unexciting. Performances are good. Pacino is fun for the bit that that he’s in but this just kinda plays out without ever really building much dramatic tension or surprising the audience in any way- C

Blood and Fur: Inglorious Paw-stards- Does everyone remember when this franchise first showed up it was praised widley for it’s intelligence? Yeah this isn’t that fanchise any more. Doesn’t mean there isn’t entertainment value- B-

Indigenous- Well this is dreary and boring.- D-

Uglies- Holy mother of slow ass uneventful movie- F

Hope-Fear-Adventure- I uhhhhh… what- F

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Halloweentown- Animation is cool. Doesn’t do much to change the story from the original movie but it’s a pleasant time- B-

It's a copy-paste of the Wikipedia summary so it doesn't do anything to change the story ;) 

3 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Well it isn't a Wiki copy and paste for the record. 

My apologies. I didn't read the entire Wikipedia summary and do a direct comparison, I looked up the Wiki article a while after reading yours and from a skim of the summary I recognized a lot of what I thought was identical phrasing. That was with non-exact memories of your version though. Shouldn't have called you out without being sure. My bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

My apologies. I didn't read the entire Wikipedia summary and do a direct comparison, I looked up the Wiki article a while after reading yours and from a skim of the summary I recognized a lot of what I thought was identical phrasing. That was with non-exact memories of your version though. Shouldn't have called you out without being sure. My bad.

You are fine. All is forgiven. It is fairly close so I guess I can see the confusion. Notes for the sequel :) 

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

October (part 1)

Blood and Fur: Inglorious Paw-stards- Does everyone remember when this franchise first showed up it was praised widley for it’s intelligence? Yeah this isn’t that fanchise any more. Doesn’t mean there isn’t entertainment value- B-

Blood and Fur 3 was basically my crazy send-off to a crazy franchise. I don't think I intended for it to be too smart. :hahaha:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Blood and Fur 3 was basically my crazy send-off to a crazy franchise. I don't think I intended for it to be too smart. :hahaha:

Fair enough. But as a sequel comparison to it's superior predecessor (meaning the first one. second one and this are probably similar in quality) is going to be drawn

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Fair enough. But as a sequel comparison to it's superior predecessor (meaning the first one. second one and this are probably similar in quality) is going to be drawn

The first came out and hit such a surprise zeitgeist that nothing I do could match the surprise of seeing BAF1, so I figured I'd got for something crazy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

October (Part 2)-

Silent Hill: Innocence Lost- ATMOSPHERE FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!! Scary stuff. Creepy stuff. Great lead performance. Twists and turns that keep on coming. This rules- A+

OMG thanks!!!! :D

Were you familiar with the series/original game?