Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt Reviews: Y3

Tbh I think Kendrick is close to locked to win the Actress category from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Henney lead and Isaacs supporting?

Tbh Isaacs could win

Third time villain nomination could be the charm.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

July (part 2)

Howling Commandos- It’s kind of a sloppy scatterbrained mess. But cast keeps it somewhat interesting- D+

Island of the Blue Dolphins- I… probably wouldn’t recommend this for children. (And i thought NOD was dark) But it’s a visually stunning film that takes an interesting look at culture and aching loneliness. It won’t be for everyone but I quite enjoy it- B+

The Great Inferno- Not without entertainment value in the form of a few exciting sequences but offers very little in the way of character and structure- C-

Inversion-  Neat concept. Really enjoyed most of it. Kinda hated the ending- C

Gentle Ben- Kids will probably enjoy. Parents will roll their eyes- C-

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I ask your kindness and benevolence on your journey to the Otherspace.

I know you at least liked the original version, but I did update it a good bit, taking into account some of the points you made.

starting it now

August-

Miraculous- This is fun! Super cute. THe heros not knowing each others identities makes for some fun playing. The third act costume idea plays out nicely. And this is just a good time- A-

Notes From the Otherspace- I liked this more on this go through. Part of that was the changes and part of that was that some of the otherspace sequences that felt a little awkward to me on first go round just played better for me this time. This film hits pretty hard. The opening sequence kills me more than anything else in the movie. That is a parent/teacher conference I remember sitting through many times in elementary school. Performances strong across the board especially Kendrick in the lead. It’s cute and fun but also insightful. A lot of people are gonna be hit hard by this movie. I still do have one particular line in here that bothers me quite a bit but this is excellent- A+

Gamera- An entertaining monster movie. Gamera him/herself(?) is the obvious highlight. A cool as heck creature to center the movie around. Ending is excruciatingly anticlimactic but movie is still a good time- B

Things Fall Apart- Film follows a despicable character who doesn’t really see any kind of redemption. A confusing project from Coogler to say the least- F

The Life of a Prophet- This film takes the story of Muhammad and delivers it in a fashion that is too cold and calculated to really have too much of an impact- C-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1