Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt Reviews: Y3

Just gonna drop this double bomb of positivity here:

June (Part 1)

Ripper- Hardy is magnificent in the lead. Tension is strong across the board. The (big aggressive) interrogation scene is nerve wracking. This is a powerful blast of suspense cinema led by a killer performance- A+

The Odyssey: Council of the Dead- This rules. Epic scale. Stunning cinematography and beautiful score are back from the first movie. Focus is allowed to be more central on Odysseus  here. Setpieces are more exciting. Movie is allowed to be more contemplative. Telemachus emerges as a strong character. Latares has strong stuff. And… the third act just knocks it out of the park. - A+

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

June (part 2)

Finding Gobi- It’s a fine movie. It makes you feel could despite not being the most well crafted piece- B-

Second Wind: Stormy Seas- it’s not particularly funny. I don’t remember the first one well enough to know whether or not I was more favorable or not. I guess it won’t offend anyone- C-

Call of Duty- Not particularly remarkable but Greengrass can still direct action with the best of them- B-

The Hills Abduction- This is a kinda creepy atmospheric little film. This is nice- B

Edited by Ethan Hunt

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

June (part 2)

Finding Gobi- It’s a fine movie. It makes you feel could despite not being the most well crafted piece- B-

Second Wind: Stormy Seas- it’s not particularly funny. I don’t remember the first one well enough to know whether or not I was more favorable or not. I guess it won’t offend anyone- C-

Call of Duty- Not particularly remarkable but Greengrass can still direct action with the best of them

The Hills Abduction- This is a kinda creepy atmospheric little film. This is nice- B

You forgot to give Call of Duty a score :P 

• Like 1

July (Part 1)

The Scavenger Wars- So we already learned this year that the  direct sequel to Spark: Rising couldn’t live up to its predecessor, but what about the Duffer Bros follow up flick? They return to the world of big budget original sci-fi… and there is a lot to like here! Film starts with a thrilling opening (which is probably the most exciting sequence in the movie.) World building is excellent. Visuals are stunning. Performances are strong across the board. Henney and Lennix in particular are strong. MVP performance goes to Isaacs though. Dude plays a great villain here. Now all of this said there’s complaints to be had. At times it feels like characters totally change their mind way too easily. Some characters feel like they get forgotten the second half. Kiera and Tamera both really. T-Bot and Reese are actually… kinda terrible   (why are they in this??? Henry could probably be cut too tbh) Pacing in the second act can be a little iffy (and Rez going through and “rescuing” everyone sequence feels too convenient.) But I like this a lot. It has its flaws but I still think it’s worth viewing and gets a strong recommendation- A

• Like 3