Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt Reviews: Y3

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

October (Part 2)-

Silent Hill: Innocence Lost- ATMOSPHERE FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!! Scary stuff. Creepy stuff. Great lead performance. Twists and turns that keep on coming. This rules- A+

So I guess October won’t be too dreary after all.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not at all

Awesome! That makes me really happy because it means I translated it well enough not to alienate people who aren't into it. The game lore is... super labyrinthine and sometimes nonsensical so I was really worried about that.

@Hiccup23 I personally really like the first Silent Hill movie, but it's VERY different from the game. The backstory is totally changed, and it incorporates a lot of elements from the game sequels as well as a lot of original stuff. Even the location and history of the town are totally different in the movies. The 2006 movie is more an adaptation of the spirit and atmosphere of the games than the actual plot. Revelation is a bit closer to the games, specifically in the villains' motivations, but it's such a hot mess it hardly matters.

So if you're not familiar with the games at all you'll recognize a few characters, a couple scenes and locations and a couple monsters from the movie, and one major plot twist, but Innocence Lost will have a LOT new for you since it's a much more faithful adaptation of the first game (with some of my own touches as well). Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1

November-

The Chrysalids- Great world building. Strong ensemble cast. Good social commentary. Slightly awkward ending. Good movie- A

Don’t Let the PIgeon Drive- Race sequences are exciting. It’s Cute.- B

Le Grand Ecran- This actually really confusing. Who knows she’s a woman. Who doesn’t.  Just all kinds of huh.- D

The Meteor Manhunt- Well movie knows what it is and keeps it brief so I give it props for that. Doesn’t make it good but it makes it more bearable- C-  

Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand- It’s bad. Builds people up to be a threat to the magic folk but no one actually ever gets hurt in the attack that happens. The villain scheme involves bringing some character to life that is never mentioned until the third act. Just not a good or interesting blockbuster- F

Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst- A sequel that certainly has more ambition than its predecessor. Taking the story in a more personal direction and actually feeling like we give Faith some character. Unfortunately it kind of gets less interesting as it goe along. It is fortunately brief though- B-

Street Sharks- I’m glad to live in a world where 90M gets spent on a movie about shark people- B+

51- Interesting concept for a way to do this. Feels rushed and ultimately not as impactful as it should though- C+

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand- It’s bad. Builds people up to be a threat to the magic folk but no one actually ever gets hurt in the attack that happens. The villain scheme involves bringing some character to life that is never mentioned until the third act. Just not a good or interesting blockbuster- F

Wow didn't see this coming. 

It is the first in a trilogy. Kind of more like a Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 set up. The book is messy and I tried to correct it with the film. I'll agree, the film focuses so much on world building that the story isn't drawn out well. 

I am still releasing the second and third film regardless of the mixed reviews this film got. I am 100% certain it will be leaps and bounds better than the first one. It gets very unique and involves commoners, magicians, and spirits in a very cool interconnected world. 

I am actually very excited for y'all to read the sequel (Year 5 because of filming). I think it will get better reviews 

December-

Desolate Sea- Poorly made and not really having the budget to display the kind of destruction it wants to it is a dull experience- D

Prince of Egypt- Lush beautiful production design. Wonderfully constructed musical sequences. Emotions. RAMI MALEKKKKKKK!!!!!- A+

Number One Dime- A good time. Tracking shot/title sequence is the highlight. Brothers are actual characters here as opposed to the first movie. Good villain. Glomgold’s arc is good. Movie goes from dark as hell to schmaltzy as hell real quick at times and that’s kind of grating but this is good- A

Wolves of the Deep- This a tense little film. I like the claustrophobic submarine setting most of the film takes place in. Characters are likable. Neeson is Neeson.- A

Bro Time- Ah yes. The stoners choice for Christmas viewing- D-

Garden of Eden-  It’s okay… I guess. *shrug*- C

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1