Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt Reviews: Y3

2 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Yesss! Thank you! :D

What was the line that bothered you, BTW? Not that I’m nitpicking your review, I was just curious.

I forget exactly what the line is but Met say something along the lines of

I believe I can be cured

Or something like that. And that one rustles my jimmies a bit. I was unsure whether I was supposed to interpret it as the character misunderstanding or the film saying that

mental health issues are curable. Because I don't think they are

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I forget exactly what the line is but Met say something along the lines of

Reveal hidden contents

Or something like that. And that one rustles my jimmies a bit. I was unsure whether I was supposed to interpret it as the character misunderstanding or the film saying that

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think they are either, and I apologize if it came off that way.

One way I tried to curb this was in having it be clear by the end that Gem wasn’t truly gone. I don’t think Meg accurately believed that she could be magically cured, but in seeking professional support and building a support net with Anne and Tyler, she had a better way of coping with her depression and anxiety.

It’ll still be a bumpy road, (especially with the job not yet acquired), but Meg has a stronger sense of where to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I don’t think they are either, and I apologize if it came off that way.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay yeah. I just think that line could've been phrased better in a way that didn't give a conflicting impression 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Okay yeah. I just think that line could've been phrased better in a way that didn't give a conflicting impression 

No I definitely feel that. I really wanted to do this topic justice, and I appreciate you pointing this out.

Just now, cookie said:

Was that line in the original draft? Must have forgotten it and then missed it in my re-read (where I was more looking for what was different than the overall picture).

Yeah it was. I remember mentioning being bothered by a specific line in the discussion thread but not being able to go back through and find it.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I liked both drafts equally but the newest one is the most through and strong.

I mean I thought the changes were pretty minimal. I think the film just read better to me the second time through more than anything else 

• Like 1

Yeah the line was in the first draft, I think. I tried to find any lines that seemed a bit wrong but must have glossed over it.

In the context of the scene, I think I might have interepreted it as Meg trying to help her mother not worry about her, but the line can still be misread.

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean I thought the changes were pretty minimal. I think the film just read better to me the second time through more than anything else 

They were far less extensive than the changes 2park went through. I added a bit more Tyler in the second half and tweaked a few lines but it was pretty identical to the initial version.

August (part 2)/ September (Part 1)

The Howling- Opening sequence is cool. Stalker dude triggering the plot seems a little strange. Main bit of the movie is mostly exciting.- B+

Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad- Well this isn’t funny or interesting- D

SWAT Kats 2: The Viper Strikes- I remember mildly enjoying the The Radical Squadron, so I was interested going into this one… what do we get? Monster plants? Okay. A coat that allows you to travel through the web or something like that? Sure. Sounds radical enough I suppose- B-

• Disbelief 1