cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

@Spagheditary and I worked very long and hard on JONNY JONNY. If we intended to be absolutely horrible, we would've kept Raja Gosnell as the director. It might be bad but it'll be mighty entertaining. Please give it a chance

(also gonna throw in another old movie even though I promised no more; November needs another tentpole.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

@Spagheditary and I worked very long and hard on JONNY JONNY. If we intended to be absolutely horrible, we would've kept Raja Gosnell as the director. It might be bad but it'll be mighty entertaining. Please give it a chance

(also gonna throw in another old movie even though I promised no more; November needs another tentpole.)

Lucid?

• Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

What were your first impressions?

Not telling you until you give your impressions on MY Wolverine movie :apocalypse:

Spoiler

I dig it but you know I've always been stanning for this series.

if anyone cares, stuff I have left that I'm aiming for release:

Finishing up Marked Up Time (obviously)

Female-oriented counterprogrammed blockbuster (completely unannounced for me) for July 17

The Mole for January 17

Who Recycled Roger Rabbit for December 11 - if this isn't done to my satisfaction, will be delayed to Y5

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

But for realsies I want your thoughts on

Hide contents

CGI cat furry Wolverine, Mysterio and Elio

I’m focused on getting Odyssey 3 done and also previewing Fortnight For Numbers so you’ll have to wait until next week.

The hype is real tho.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

@Blankments Is 3:37 really supposed to be PG and not PG-13? Is all the violence... comedy slapstick?

Also, November 20th is an IMAX blackout date since I reserved the week before for the format way back in the Advance Schedule thread. So Lucid can't screen in the format. Though Lucy was shot partially on IMAX film and not actually released in IMAX stateside so hey, not unprecedented.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

@Blankments Is 3:37 really supposed to be PG and not PG-13? Is all the violence... comedy slapstick?

Also, November 20th is an IMAX blackout date since I reserved the week before for the format way back in the Advance Schedule thread. So Lucid can't screen in the format. Though Lucy was shot partially on IMAX film and not actually released in IMAX stateside so hey, not unprecedented.

I mean if he pushes it to Thanksgiving I don't mind sharing IMAX

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xillix said:

It's a typo, 3:37 is supposed to be R lol

I'm also super confused because when I scheduled Guys and Dolls for wide-release it was the only film on November 13. Am I going crazy?

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean if he pushes it to Thanksgiving I don't mind sharing IMAX

also this wouldn't make any sense, the whole reason I scheduled Lucid for November 20 was there wasn't a film on that date at the time.

Just now, Blankments said:

I'm also super confused because when I scheduled Guys and Dolls for wide-release it was the only film on November 13. Am I going crazy?

The Matinee (ironically meant to be a Rian Johnson IMAX film) was scheduled for that date but not completed. It was listed in the first post though along with the other Advance Schedule pre-loaded movies. I canceled that one but moved Crysis into the slot; so far the general practice has been that we can swap out movies on our own reserved IMAX dates and I'm not the first to do it this year.

• Like 1

How come Treasure Planet can release a week prior to Crysis and get IMAX, but I can't release a week after Crysis and get it?

Sorry if I'm being bossy about this but with the way the schedules have been set up none of my movies have been able to get premium formats, outside of Guys and Dolls doing a limited release.

EDIT: Can Lucid get the very few 70mm IMAX theaters on November 20, and go wide in IMAX on Thanksgiving, sharing with Can You Imagine?. Would that be okay?

Edited by Blankments

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

How come Treasure Planet can release a week prior to Crysis and get IMAX, but I can't release a week after Crysis and get it?

Sorry if I'm being bossy about this but with the way the schedules have been set up none of my movies have been able to get premium formats, outside of Guys and Dolls doing a limited release.

I was late for the advance schedule thread, @Xillix claimed the spot prior to me. 

• Like 1

@Blankments The blackout dates only go forward not backward.

That said... If we're making deals with him anyway.

@YourMother the Edgelord Do you mind losing the last two days of Gauntlet in IMAX (a Wednesday and Thursday)? If you let me open Crysis on Veterans Day for gung-ho Peter Berg military patriot reasons then I'd be willing to give up the format to Lucid on the 20th.

• Thanks 1