cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

Earthsong: Volume I is done. About 15K. Be warned it ends on a cliffhanger by design. This trilogy is very much a three-part adaptation, not three separate stories.

Debating whether to just relax and do a bunch of thrillers or see if I can finish Flights of Fire after all...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Probably tbh

Yeah, I was thinking that, besides I have the Amazon Prime previews 2 weeks earlier. It should be fine in the long run though.

You meant the diluting right?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah, I was thinking that, besides I have the Amazon Prime previews 2 weeks earlier. It should be fine in the long run though.

You meant the diluting right?

Yeah your figures will probably be a lot less over the weekend then on the initial two days.

Edited by Rorschach

17 hours ago, Blankments said:

my hope is Roger plays like a slightly smaller Jumanji with Thymes doing around Chipmunks 2 numbers but we'll see lol

I’m thinking Roger does around 90% of Jumanji ($362M). Thymes I think reviews are going to be better than Spyro and McKay’s success with Pigeon can help but I’m thinking around 95% of My Peoples ($185M DOM).

Animation this year is looking strong:

Baseball Boy is doing around Chessman

Our City 2 at worse does a KFP2/Dragon 2 and does $190M or slightly increases to $240M

Amulet II will be the big dog but the runtime may hold it back from greatness, so SLOP ($363M) numbers seem right

Animal Crossing will open smallish in the mid to high 20s but legs it to $100M

Bandicoot 2 benefits from lack of family fare since the summer and does anywhere from Cloudy 2 ($120M) to HT1 ($140M)

Wings should hold up well due to Christmas and all that, my guess is an OW around AC and it legs it to $100M as well

CYI? should do around $60M-$75M for the five day but I’m really confident it can do $200M. Thinking $180M-$220M

Thymes does $170M-$210M

I’m going to try to finish Family Guy but want you to know there’s a lot of cameos from other Fox animated shows in one scene. In fact here’s a snippet: 

Spoilers:

Spoiler

We open in the FOX prison as we see Chris, Brian, Stewie and Lois being loaded off from their prison truck in chains. They are then greeted by the prison warden, Homer Simpson, much to the Griffins surprise. Stewie jokes he expected Mickey Mouse to be in charge. Homer barks at him not to be wise and that it’s actually a Na’vi in charge, and he’s filling in for the movie. Homer then gives them the tour of the prison as we see jail cells filled off Fox’s cancelled animated shows (Hank Hill and the rest of the Hill Family, Fry, Bender and Leela from Futurama, Tim The Bear from The Cleveland Show, along with a few other characters from their more forgettable shows; Napoleon Dynamite, Bordertown, Shut Up, Sit Down, etc.). Stewie points out a few are missing and Homer shows them they’ve received the death penalty which is reversed for the most annoying and vile characters, commenting the whole cast and crew of Allen Gregory got the execution immediately. We then see Bob from Bob’s Burgers in executioner garb, hauling Holt from The Cleveland Show putting him into the chair with tubes filled with eraser shavings, asking his last few words and he goes into a dude bro ramble, and we see the shavings go into his body as he fade aways into nothing. Homer then shows them to their new home in the Quahog district as we see the rest of the characters from Quahog in separate cells. Lois asks Homer why is he doing this and Homer explains in song (Top of The Toons) revealing that he does this as long as The Simpsons are number one and that he has no qualms helping. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1