Crunching the Numbers: May the Fourth Be With Your Films

12 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Who knows maybe it'll be sunny like

I can only hope; 3/5ths of the films you're reviewing are by me!

preparing for a bloodbath tho, so I guess I probably need INSERT ODYSSEY 3 IN-JOKE HERE BECAUSE I STILL NEED TO READ IT

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I can only hope; 3/5ths of the films you're reviewing are by me!

preparing for a bloodbath tho, so I guess I probably need INSERT ODYSSEY 3 IN-JOKE HERE BECAUSE I STILL NEED TO READ IT

You have quite a lot of films to catch up on don't you? 😂

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can only hope that I don't get whiplash from you calling all my films blah blah bland, or perhaps I might get be the first man to be a grand pianist on the computer and receive a 10/10 Cloverfield lane or else I may need the last exorcism part 2, my guy (and madeline on a park bench)

Just now, 4815162342 said:

@Rorschach I would have liked La La Land a lot more if the film had leads who could actually sing

very fun coincidence: today at work, a kid was like "I wanna be a movie star, not a dance star" (this made sense in context). I told him that a lot of movie stars can dance, like Ryan Gosling. He asked who Ryan Gosling was and one of my coworkers tried to think of a movie he would've seen but then she commented to the side that Ryan Gosling definitely cannot sing lmao

7 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

When a person reads Jonny Jonny

To be honest as the creator of Johnny Test and someone who’s read Jonny Jonny, the latter is not that bad, the former is wayyyy worse

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Tomorrow I will read/review the following requested films:

Kingdom of the Sum

Remember who has a co-prod cred on this and will be taking very careful notes

:ph34r:

Edited by cookie

Kingdom of the Sun

It's an enjoyable romp that puts its own spin on the animated original. The film bites off a bit more than it can chew as the double emperor plotline kinda gets twirled into a political drama with a grumpy council of elders and I think maybe the film could have simplified things a bit on that end. Michelle naturally lights up the screen as the cranky and vibrantly evil Yzma and she helps carry the film forward. It's solid, fun entertainment with great production values, but a little flabby and sputtering in spots.

7.4/10

• Like 2

Zendaya is a 22-year old time cop. Either she is a Doogie Howser of law enforcement or the Police Department is so shitty and desperate they are literally throwing rookies barely out of the academy into solo operations

• Haha 2