cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

i've been dealing with seasonal depression, a load of work stuff, and just general business (along with EGK) so it's very possible none of our scheduled films make the deadline. That said, i'll definitely drop some 2.0 stuff...

• Sad 5

Hoping to have Scrooge 0.5 done by this time tomorrow. Word count will be somewhere between the first and second film, but if all goes well it should be closer to the former.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves has seven chapters.

I'm at 7,000 words....and just wrapping up Chapter 3.

Damn, this year is going to be like the summer reading in middle school.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Damn, this year is going to be like the summer reading in middle school.

To be fair, Parts 1-3 are likely the longest since they have a good bit of exposition (kind of a necessary evil in these first entries), and like Homeward and BTS, there's a lot of dialogue to break up paragraphs.

• Like 2

Anyone know a good actor to play Richard Foley from Static Shock? For those unfamiliar he’s Static’s best friend, a very boisterous hype man type of guy. Preferably by doesn’t have to, I’d like an LGBT actor around the age of 17-19.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone know a good actor to play Richard Foley from Static Shock? For those unfamiliar he’s Static’s best friend, a very boisterous hype man type of guy. Preferably by doesn’t have to, I’d like an LGBT actor around the age of 17-19.

I suggest Blake Cooper, who played Chuck in the first Maze Runner film.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 12:35 AM, Blankments said:

i've been dealing with seasonal depression, a load of work stuff, and just general business (along with EGK) so it's very possible none of our scheduled films make the deadline. That said, i'll definitely drop some 2.0 stuff...

So Children of Eden's not happening?

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Opinion/question: Is opening Medusa on Valentines Day a good idea? On one hand it’s an animated family film and about body positivity and with some romance but I wonder if it’d be frontloaded. Should I move it back to late March?

Actually never mind My Peoples legged it from $53M OW to nearly $200M pre Valentines Day weekend despite the romance heavy plot.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Okay, got a decent chunk of Static Shock done, the first 30 minutes should be around 2.5K at the most and likely have a word count of 7K-10K.

To be honest, this is a project I’m very passionate about and hope it does well and more importantly y’all like it. Both Black Panther and Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse were major inspirations.

• Like 3

Oh boy, looks like One Punch Man is gonna be another long one 😬

I'm roughly 7,500 words in and I've basically written the equivalent of the first 3 episodes... of a 12 episode season. To be fair though, the first three are mostly set-up and aside from the last three episodes of the season (the final battle basically), everything in between is either being condensed or altered to fit more into the over-arching narrative – there is one or two episodes that are pretty much being cut entirely. So in the end, I really doubt this will go over 20,000 words (unless I find a way to fuck up).

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3