Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

But Mission: ImpossibleDead Reckoning Part One (Paramount, 7.12) is totally wowser — a shot of grade-A adrenalin and nothing but breathtaking elements top to bottom, plus some of the action sequences struck me — this was surprising — as almost Buster Keaton-ish in a welcome way. But the Austrian train wreck finale is in a knock-your-socks-off category by itself — an INSTANT CLASSIC.

Wells has spoken   https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/no-reviews-until-july-5th/

15 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

If we don't see a dramatic increase in ticket sales, then I give up. Don't know what to say at that point. 

It’s a strange year when things are bent a certain way: everything that’s not Barbie or Oppenheimer are under-hyped and will be considered underwhelming except if they do Top Gun Maverick level breakout business. It’s a bandwagon many are ready to jump on.

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

It’s a strange year when things are bent a certain way: everything that’s not Barbie or Oppenheimer are under-hyped and will be considered underwhelming except idf they do Top Gun Maverick level breakout business. It’s a bandwagon where many are ready to juno on.

For Mission specifically i think its got to do with older audiences not returning at levels from pre pandemic, top gun overcame that cause there was so much pent up demand for it + best WOM for a blockbuster in a long time whereas Dead Reckoning is movie #7 and WOM while strong is unlikely to be the monster of Maverick

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

It’s a strange year when things are bent a certain way: everything that’s not Barbie or Oppenheimer are under-hyped and will be considered underwhelming except idf they do Top Gun Maverick level breakout business. It’s a bandwagon where many are ready to juno on.

This is shaping up to be the biggest MI movie DOM, but in the same ballpark of the previous ones 

If it wasn’t for Maverick blowing up, people would probably be super happy with how stable MI is, but yeah now 230-250M will be seen as disappointment by many 

I kinda get it, i was hoping for 300M but at the same time i know is hard for a nearly 30 year franchise to suddenly grow up much

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is shaping up to be the biggest MI movie DOM, but in the same ballpark of the previous ones 

If it wasn’t for Maverick blowing up, people would probably be super happy with how stable MI is, but yeah now 230-250M will be seen as disappointment by many 

I kinda get it, i was hoping for 300M but at the same time i know is hard for a nearly 30 year franchise to suddenly grow up much

Yeah it would have been nice for this to be the Skyfall of the Franchise and maybe in a non covid world where older audiences were at full strength but here we are. Them's the breaks I guess. 

• Like 1