Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

6 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I noticed that they added a few theatres for Barbie, at least in Kansai anyway. The initial release when they had the presale is almost like a limited release.

So far it's booked for 255 TC (Theatre Count). Final Count will likely be higher depending on Toho-Towa.

https://eigakan.org/theaterpage/schedule.php?t=barbie

10 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Is there any news about Oppenheimer's release? I am wondering how far they will push this back.

News was it's releasing after Allied Victory or more correctly V-J Day. But, Toho-Towa (which distribute Universal/Paramount movies) doesn't have screenings rights and somehow release would be a struggle or could be another "Minamata" but Still hopeful though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

So far it's booked for 255 TC (Theatre Count). Final Count will likely be higher depending on Toho-Towa.

https://eigakan.org/theaterpage/schedule.php?t=barbie

News was it's releasing after Allied Victory or more correctly V-J Day. But, Toho-Towa (which distribute Universal/Paramount movies) doesn't have screenings rights and somehow release would be a struggle or could be another "Minamata" but Still hopeful though.

I was a bit surprised by how limited Barbie was seemingly but it was early. Would be nice to see it expand to a few more theatres.

The Nolan release dates may just be a really bad timing for here I guess, so close to the memorial days. If they are to release it, they would still need to spend some time and market it right?

And MI is going to be big here. All the publications are featuring the movie already.

12 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

And MI is going to be big here. All the publications are featuring the movie already.

It's expected to be the 2nd Biggest Imported Film here after Mario. But, Exchange Rates are of 1980s Japan (worse) so I am praying for a good Exchange Rates so Film doesn't look bad with USD.

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

These early sowings are very promising. Studio has utmost confidence in this film. All points to a very good box office run.

Sales aren’t showing the breakout many expect but yeah, 80-90M 5-day very possible 

Should ended up with 230-250M, and while there’s clearly no more room to grow for the franchise at this point, is remarkable how it manage to stays in this range for decades 

It's a MI film. There won't be a huge breakout. FALLOUT is one of the best action films ever made and it made 220m domestically. What we are hoping is franchise best numbers both domestically and overseas. Sales are doing better than the previous films and due to the 5-day OW, it will be difficult to predict its opening via tracking alone anyway. I expect it to clear 100m by Sunday. 

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's a MI film. There won't be a huge breakout. FALLOUT is one of the best action films ever made and it made 220m domestically. What we are hoping is franchise best numbers both domestically and overseas. Sales are doing better than the previous films and due to the 5-day OW, it will be difficult to predict its opening via tracking alone anyway. I expect it to clear 100m by Sunday. 

Really hope so.