PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

I doubt it but according to this article (translated with Google from Dutch to English), Brenda Chapman is going over to DWA. Anyone know if there is anything to this?

Noteworthy is that Brenda Chapman , the creator and later on the side regular director of Pixar's Brave , in January to start working for DreamWorks Animation. A return, as it were. After being at Disney to include The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and Beauty the Beast was working, she was at Dreamworks one of the directors of The Prince of Egypt and made ​​storyboards for The Road to El Dorado . After her time at Pixar and a short stop at Lucasfilm Animation , Chapman arrives again at DreamWorks. Where she is currently working on, is the studio provisionally well kept secret.

http://animatie.blog...6/cn-dreamworks

Edited by iEye

Nothing like Presto though (which was their best). It seems like they've basically abandoned being hilarious in their shorts.

The funny shorts still exist with the Toy Story shorts but I would like to see a funny original short, La Luna was good but different from early efforts like One Man Band and Presto. I wish the other animated studios would do original shorts I know Fox did The Simpsons short with Ice Age 4 and WB has Looney Tunes shorts with their family films. Dreamworks Animation has never done a short for their films although they do specials with their existing characters as do Sony.

I doubt it but according to this article (translated with Google from Dutch to English), Brenda Chapman is going over to DWA. Anyone know if there is anything to this?http://animatie.blog...6/cn-dreamworks

Why do you doubt it? I'd be surprised if she stayed. She probably was all excited when she left the good ol' boys club at Pixar for LucasArts, only to have her dreams shattered when Disney bought them. Why would she stick around to work under the same people who took her off her own project?

I'm not surprised at the news it's just that I'm not sure it's true that she is going to DWA.BTW, I agree with you, it's the right thing for her to do if she has any sense of pride.

It sounds like she is based on Northern Cali now. Only major studios out that I know of out there are Pixar, LucasArts, and DWA, so it wouldn't be out of the question.But yeah, with her resume she can probably work anywhere she wants.

After the experience she's been through, I wouldn't be going to DWA.I think a better option for her is to go to a smaller studio where they'll give her freedom to do what she wants and for her vision to be expressed as she want it...

Edited by iEye

I want NEWT to happen. I don't care if it's similar to RIO.

Look at Snow White, WHD/OHF and these were/will be released in the same year. One of the SW didn't farewell because it was terrible the other did fair for an opening film. WHD will do Emmerich numbers (smaller OS) and OHF will falter but not as bad as MM. MM and OHF will/did not suffer because similar movies were released in the same year it was because they were not good (OHF not withstanding). Rio came out in 2011 now Newt best release date in 2015 at best, 4 years after Rio and and 1 year after the sequel, it will be fine.