MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

7 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Honestly, I think it’s better if Aquaman does poorly so everyone can just move on from the DCEU and Gunn can create a new universe. Aquaman 2 doing extremely well might be a curse since WB would most likely greenlight another Aquaman film which would just further convolute the “reboot” 

It's not that convoluted if they just bring Momoa into the DCU because Aquaman 3 as an elseworlds film would literally make no sense (it's part of the DCEU so it can't be "elseworlds"). But yes if it does do poorly then all the "they'll make an Aquaman 3" takes will age like milk.

Edited by HummingLemon

Just now, HummingLemon said:

It's not that convoluted if they just bring Momoa into the DCU because Aquaman 3 as an elseworlds film would literally make no sense (it's part of the DCEU so it can't be "elseworlds")

Meh. None of this multiverse stuff makes any "sense" anyways. I don't see how that's an issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HummingLemon said:

So if they do an Aquaman 3 will it be DCU or "elseworlds" (in quotes because it can't really be elseworlds).

The Batman 2 is happening alongside the new DCU Batman. The audience isn't going to have a problem with two different versions of a character existing. But I don't think it's going to matter much because a potential Aquman 3 would be the last DCEU anyway, really doubt they do any more set in that universe after AM3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnCarterofEarth said:

If this flops then we might have the worst Christmas ever in terms of box office. If it’s at least watchable I see it doing decent numbers. 

AM2 getting to $200M DOM at least thanks to holidays. Overseas is a big question mark though since they rejected all DCEU films this year.

Now here's the real question: If this earns $1.148 billion, would that be more impressive than the first one earning $1.148 billion? I would say yes. No joke, if this outgrosses the first one worldwide, that would be (arguably) more impressive than BP $700m domestic.

Edited by HummingLemon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The Batman 2 is happening alongside the new DCU Batman. The audience isn't going to have a problem with two different versions of a character existing. But I don't think it's going to matter much because a potential Aquman 3 would be the last DCEU anyway, really doubt they do any more set in that universe after AM3.

Just because they're making it doesn't mean the audience won't have a problem with it, that is entirely to be seen and I am skeptical.

That said this conversation about aquaman2 making a billy is completely unrealistic anyways. I don't think any character should be brought over from the dead DCEU.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Aquaman 2 coming under Black Adam WW is very likely if it's truly as trash as every leaker is saying it is.

I think more important than the quality of the movie is how much effort WB will put into marketing. Suicide Squad was horrible, and it still opened huge and had decent legs. Just like that movie, Aquaman 2 has the potential for a big opening and has a good scheduling. The holidays and lack of competition should guarantee at least decent legs. This movie doesn't need to be great to at least avoid a disastrous box office run. The only way I see this making less than Black Adam is if WB completely dumps it with no real marketing effort.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

We have no idea how the GA will react to two Batman’s simultaneously. That could backfire in a major way