setna

Endgame over Avatar WW?

These are being historical in B.O. history.

Now comes the biggest challenge, to be or not to be the highest grosser all time worldwide.

Could do it Endgame?

Would be a massive frontloaded movie like DH2?

The answers in next weeks, but what do you think?

Hard to say. I could see some sign of being more frontloaded than IW with estimates. Maybe with actuals we can have more reliable info.

Let's say it does another $100m during weekdays and then $150m 2nd weekend. After that, another 55 during weekdays and 75m at 3rd weekend (Pikachu). It would be at about 740 after a 75 million weekend. Applying the same multiplier than IW it would make a bit more than 150 million, what would make it border the $900m barrier.

After the OS opening, and applying similar multiplier than IW, it would make 1.3b-1.35b without China.

Finally, China can make $600m as our experts in that market are saying.

We would have:

DOM 900

China 600

OS-China 1.3b-1.35b

WW 2.8-2.85b

So yes, it would beat Avatar. The BIG question is: will it have a "normal" behaviour from now? It is un unprecedent opening so we do not know if it will have a "normal" run. I still think this weekend many people who will not repeat has been at theaters to avoid spoilers. Let's wait at least until 2nd weekend to can make a better projection.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, peludo said:

Hard to say. I could see some sign of being more frontloaded than IW with estimates. Maybe with actuals we can have more reliable info.

Let's say it does another $100m during weekdays and then $150m 2nd weekend. After that, another 55 during weekdays and 75m at 3rd weekend (Pikachu). It would be at about 740 after a 75 million weekend. Applying the same multiplier than IW it would make a bit more than 150 million, what would make it border the $900m barrier.

After the OS opening, and applying similar multiplier than IW, it would make 1.3b-1.35b without China.

Finally, China can make $600m as our experts in that market are saying.

We would have:

DOM 900

China 600

OS-China 1.3b-1.35b

WW 2.8-2.85b

So yes, it would beat Avatar. The BIG question is: will it have a "normal" behaviour from now? It is un unprecedent opening so we do not know if it will have a "normal" run. I still think this weekend many people who will not repeat has been at theaters to avoid spoilers. Let's wait at least until 2nd weekend to can make a better projection.

I think is a very good analysis, but we are in uncharted territory and we can see terrific legs for 1B+ or see a meltdown after first week and not beating any of these 2 movies.

Let see, sounds very exciting days for BO followers!!!

• Like 1

Scott arrives at the front door to the Avengers complex, asking "is anybody in there?" Antman and Wasp is in CA isn't it? Did he drive all the way from San Francisco to upstate NY? The negs for the PB&J that Natasha makes, but I feel likes its implied he's hungry from being in the Quantum Realm for 4 hours, but its actually because he drove coast to coast without stopping/eating?VidMate  Mobdro

Edited by EthanElijah