TalismanRing

A Hidden Life | Terrence Malick | Fox Searchlight

2 hours ago, Eric! said:

Looks beautiful, but its anti-Nazi themes might alienate Disney fans.

I have little interest in this film because I don't like Terence Malick as a filmmaker very much, but that is just about the stupidest thing I have seen on this site in a long time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have little interest in this film because I don't like Terence Malick as a filmmaker very much, but that is just about the stupidest thing I have seen on this site in a long time.

It is a joke based on the strange phrasing that some website made from reporting this:

https://variety.com/2019/film/features/fox-disney-earnings-dark-phoenix-stuber-racing-in-the-rain-1203300260/

The scathing takedown of Nazism may, however, prove a little too edgy for Disney brass accustomed to producing movies suitable for parents and kids. Searchlight has started to screen the film for its new parent company. Halfway through one recent viewing one executive grew audibly uncomfortable, worrying aloud that the material would alienate Disney fans. 

Hey, it's coming to Providence this weekend. That's a very pleasant surprise. 

Based on Malick's last decade of hit and miss: Tree of Life (great), To the Wonder (not great), Knight of Cups (great), Song to Song (couldn't even finish it), that means this one should be good.

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Hey, it's coming to Providence this weekend. That's a very pleasant surprise. 

Based on Malick's last decade of hit and miss: Tree of Life (great), To the Wonder (not great), Knight of Cups (great), Song to Song (couldn't even finish it), that means this one should be good.

I’m a little mixed on it but it’s well worth seeing. 

• Like 1