ScoobyDoo21

Flintstones (1994) and Scooby Doo (2002)

Both of these movies are Hanna-Barbera movies that did pretty well for the time. The Flintstones did 37 million dollars on its opening weekend while Scooby Doo did made around 53 million as well. Oh and they had both sequels that bombed, but less so with Scooby Doo 2.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

I have not once overheard someone talk about the Flintstones movies in my entire life, which is why I’m so surprised the first did that well. Were they that bad? Or for their time? 

Also, on The Numbers website the stated budget for Scooby Doo 2 is just 25 mil, much less than the first.

4 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I have not once overheard someone talk about the Flintstones movies in my entire life, which is why I’m so surprised the first did that well. Were they that bad? Or for their time? 

Also, on The Numbers website the stated budget for Scooby Doo 2 is just 25 mil, much less than the first.

The first Flintstones in 1994 was scathingly-reviewed but it did mark the first time anyone had turned a popular and beloved animated TV show into a major live-action movie (Popeye had originally started as a comic strip) so there was novelty to it and was also riding the dino-wave from Jurassic Park the year before. It made total sense that it was a hit.

Also that budget for Scooby-Doo 2 is definitely incorrect. An official number was never given by anyone.

• Like 1