baumer

Brightburn (2019)

Grade it  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Decent little film.  Not much you can do with the concept and it's not like they had a blockbuster budget which could let them go further.

It wasn't gratuitous or over the top even though it could have been.  The dinner scene was cool and the jaw being ripped off was nice too.

The guy just leaving his wife was a bit funny but hey it ended with the jaw thing so I'll let it pass. 😛

The stuff during the credits with Michael Rooker that is basically showing all the heroes are bad/evil was a nice, humorous touch. 

I'd give it a

Some cool kills and handsome cinematography, but it's just a pretty dumb film devoid of any actual scares. Feels more like a lesser Chronicle instead of a clever deconstruction/satire of Superman, or even a competent horror film with characters instead of archetypes.
Cool credits sequence though!

I liked the film, and hope they make a sequel.  I think that the R rating will kill much of the film's business since the gore and graphic violence is all that makes this film R. (perhaps the head shot too). As an R rated film, this was not satisfying since there were no R rated scares or R rated anything else. And most superhero films are pg 13 to get the wider audience. A sequel should be pg 13 and should do monster business. 

I actually loved the hell out of this movie. Some great scares, wonderful gore and really well directed especially in the tension department.

Oh and that Michael Rooker cameo at the end it was just golden.

• Like 1