cannastop

The Boy and the Heron | Hayao Miyazaki | Studio Ghibli | GKIDS | NA Debut at TIFF | WINNER OF THE OSCAR FOR BEST ANIMATED FEATURE

¥9.19B (+¥100M) +$660K in Japan 

Global Total reached $201M. China PS are widely opened 

Expecting Heron to finish 4th Biggest Post-CoVid-19 Japanese Film behind "Demon Slayer Mugen Train" ($519M), "Suzume" ($334M) &The First Slam Dunk ($295M)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

¥9.19B (+¥100M) +$660K in Japan 

Global Total reached $201M. China PS are widely opened 

Expecting Heron to finish 4th Biggest Post-CoVid-19 Japanese Film behind "Demon Slayer Mugen Train" ($519M), "Suzume" ($334M) &The First Slam Dunk ($295M)

Where are you getting your worldwide total of 201 M from? The highest I can find is 173 million on Boxofficemojo. Can you send a link please?

8 minutes ago, tarabeesley said:

Where are you getting your worldwide total of 201 M from? The highest I can find is 173 million on Boxofficemojo. Can you send a link please?

I am adding up individual markets from local sources. &Use Premium Data like Dist. Report of Malaysia/Singapore from Users (who have linked with distributors since all numbers aren't reported into iboe.com)

Some numbers are estimates based on sister markets like Chile linked with Peru data which I correct later (if overindex or undercount) once LATAM database release number (8 months into New Year like 2022 Films data are published in October 2023)

Iboe.com → International Box Office Essential 

• Like 2

And if Distribution was like Suzume (where Sony handle Outside Asia) then things are more easy

Add SPR (Sony Pictures Releasing) Markets - which Sony report all together on Deadline &Other US Media Outlets & Individual Numbers in Asian Markets — Combining both with give the WW of the Film.

Liu Haoran "刘昊然" (popularly known as Turbo Liu), Chinese VA for Mahito Maki, shared his exhilaration upon receiving the invitation to voice a character in a film by the renowned Hayao Miyazaki. However, this excitement was accompanied by a significant sense of pressure and nervousness. He felt a weight of responsibility to deliver a performance that would effectively shape the voice of his character, aspiring to meet the high expectations associated with Miyazaki's work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

China

Ticketing Platform "Maoyan" is going with ¥586M / $81M Final Forecast. Heron has crossed Slam Dunk OD PS (which did $96M in China)

Does this mean Heron has the highest OD PS in history for a Japanese film in China? Higher than Suzume?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tarabeesley said:

Does this mean Heron has the highest OD PS in history for a Japanese film in China? Higher than Suzume?

No, Suzume is highest - I have posted more details into this thread 

17 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Local Analyst expecting ¥1000M &$138M - Making Heron the Highest Grossing Imported Film of the Year in China!!

Are their predictions often good or overinflated? And why is this so much more than the other forecasts?

2 minutes ago, tarabeesley said:

Are their predictions often good or overinflated? And why is this so much more than the other forecasts?

Bulletproofsqui is a local Analyst (btw they are on the forum) while TTP/Maoyan are Ticketing Platform Forecast - Everyone has their own way of measuring the projections like WOM, Pre-sales Pace, Shows or any trend on web or anything 

Bulletproofsqui does good predictions  - Here is their Prediction vs Results to give rough idea on how accurate are their prediction 

GGif8GJbQAAoqtn?format=png&name=large

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Bulletproofsqui is a local Analyst (btw they are on the forum) while TTP/Maoyan are Ticketing Platform Forecast - Everyone has their own way of measuring the projections like WOM, Pre-sales Pace, Shows or any trend on web or anything 

Bulletproofsqui does good predictions  - Here is their Prediction vs Results to give rough idea on how accurate are their prediction 

GGif8GJbQAAoqtn?format=png&name=large

Thank you for being so helpful with my questions! 😊 I'd love to see Heron make a lot of money in China. We'll see. 

• Like 1