baumer

Hobbs and Shaw (2019)

Grade it  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

On 8/4/2019 at 7:15 PM, aabattery said:

But Cliff Curtis can do anything

Which is what threw me off about his character. 

I always thought Curtis was Indian from The Last Airbender and was wondering the whole time why they couldn’t cast someone else, until I looked it up and realized he was from NZ! 

This was kinda lame. The Ryan Reynolds cameo(s) made me want to leave. I’m sorry he’s cancelled, his shtick is done and lame and annoying. He’s just the personification of those sassy corporate brand twitter accounts. When the last post credits scene was just more of his unfunny rambling I was honestly mad.

anyway the rest was the whatever. Some cool fights in the beginning but I was bored by the last couple setpieces. Statham’s great, The Rock is fine. I knew they were gonna make Statham’s sister his love interest but it doesn’t work. The Rock has never had romantic chemistry with any of his leading ladies ever. He’s the most asexual movie star there ever was.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, CoolioD1 said:

This was kinda lame. The Ryan Reynolds cameo(s) made me want to leave. I’m sorry he’s cancelled, his shtick is done and lame and annoying. He’s just the personification of those sassy corporate brand twitter accounts. When the last post credits scene was just more of his unfunny rambling I was honestly mad.

anyway the rest was the whatever. Some cool fights in the beginning but I was bored by the last couple setpieces. Statham’s great, The Rock is fine. I knew they were gonna make Statham’s sister his love interest but it doesn’t work. The Rock has never had romantic chemistry with any of his leading ladies ever. He’s the most asexual movie star there ever was.

Ryan Reynolds is the most annoying actor in Hollywood, since Deadpool was such a smash hit now he is just hired to do the same, irritating drivel every time. Those "edgy" company tweets is a great comparison.

Also agree about Dwayne and romance. Hoping they don't do the same with Jungle Cruise with Emily Blunt. Might puke if Dwayne/Emily Blunt is a thhing.

This was fun. The main cast worked well together and the action set pieces were pretty good especially in the beginning of the movie. Cameos were funny but they overdid it with Ryan Reynolds. Found that Kevin Hart's role worked better. 

Main issue is that the movie dragged out too long. The Russia escape should've been the finale. Also the choices of music in these movies is getting pretty bad (or I'm getting out of touch with pop/rap music idk)

Overall, still thought it was pretty solid. Better than Fast 8 for sure. 7.5/10 B