Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I would have seen frozen again if I wasn't so busy this weekend. Im waiting for next time its on kids amSeeing the book thief on Sunday and non-stop and possibly need for speed on Friday

Depending on the size of Veronica Mars' release next weekend I'm hoping to do a double bill of that and Need For Speed. Depends on whether Cineworld pick it up our not though. I know we'll have to travel for sure.

I want to see need for speed on Friday but it depends if my friend is free. Im seeing non- stop whatever

I'm pretty meh on Non-Stop. Unknown was instantly forgettable and Taken 2 was just disgustingly offensive in every aspect, especially toning it down for a 12A. Need for Speed looks like it'll be painful for me to watch in places (those poor cars), but a hell of a lot of fun.

Frozen's kids am shows at some cinemas are on the biggest screen, and they're selling out. Obviously cheap prices, but still crazy to see so far out.

Just about to post this. At my cinema, the biggest screen is 334 seats and Frozen has sold 315 seats with mostly single seats remaining

• Like 1

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  5h

Despite the good weather, Non-Stop on course for a solid second weekend of £1.5m for £5.3m to date in the UK.

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  5h

300: Rise of an Empire dismantles Lego in the UK with chart-topping £2.9m debut. Down on 300's £4.7m bow which included £784k previews.

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  4h

The Lego Movie up to estimated £28.5m in the UK.

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  4h

If estimates hold up, The Grand Budapest Hotel is set for Wes Anderson's best-ever UK bow with £1.6m, topping Fantastic Mr. Fox's £1.52m.

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  3h

Oscar win boosts 12 Years A Slave in the UK as it posts around £450k for £19.2m to date.

Great for Grand Budapest Hotel.

Warner Bros’ sequel scores $4.6m (£2.8m) debut to top UK chart; Fox’s The Grand Budapest Hotel records Wes Anderson’s best-ever UK bow.

Preventing The Lego Movie from four straight weeks as the UK’s number one, 300: Rise of an Empire defied the sunshine to debut top of the UK chart.

Warner Bros’ 3D sequel sliced its way to a $4.6m (£2.8m) debut from its 488 sites. That’s some way down on 300’s $7.9m (£4.7m) UK bow from 369 sites, which included $1.3m (£783,931) in previews but didn’t benefit from a 3D uplift.

The original 300 went on to make $23.7m (£14.22m) in the UK, a tally that’s likely to prove too high for Rise of an Empire.

Suffering its first big week-on-week drop as it fell to second, The Lego Movie added $2.7m (£1.6m) in its fourth weekend and has so far built up $48m (£28.8m) through Warner Bros. It will hit £30m by the end of next weekend at the very latest.

Gravity stands at $53.5m (£32.1m) after taking a further $433,000 (£260,000) in its 18th weekend of release.

FOX

Checking into the UK box office in third, The Grand Budapest Hotel recorded a terrific $2.55m (£1.53m) debut, including previews, from its 287 sites.

That marks director Wes Anderson’s best-ever UK bow, narrowly pipping Fantastic Mr. Fox’s $2.53m (£1.52m) UK bow from considerably more sites (481) but without previews.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is currently Anderson’s best-ever UK performer with $15m (£9.03m).

Also for Fox, The Book Thief stands at $4.5m (£2.7m) to date, while Mr. Peabody & Sherman has travelled to $20.1m (£12.1m) after five weeks in play.

STUDIOCANAL

Flying to an additional $2.5m (£1.5m) from its 453 sites,Non-Stop is now up to $8.9m (£5.4m) in the UK through StudioCanal. It’s well set to become director Jaume Collet-Serra’s best-ever UK performer, currentlyUnknown’s $11m (£6.6m).

Also for StudioCanal, RoboCop has amassed $13.3m (£7.96m) after taking $144,000 (£86,526) from its 196 sites.

UNIVERSAL

Falling just over 40% in its second weekend, Ride Alongadded $1.4m (£823,000) for a solid $4.7m (£2.83m) to date. Outside of the two Fantastic Four outings, Universal’s action comedy is director Tim Story’s strongest UK performer.

Having become the UK’s highest ever 18-rated grosser last week, The Wolf of Wall Street is up to $37.1m (£22.26m) following a $392,000 (£235,000) eighth weekend.

ENTERTAINMENT

Released in 386 sites through Entertainment, Escape from Planet Earth landed at seventh with a UK bow of $658,000 (£395,392).

EONE

Following on from its Best Picture win at the Oscars, eOne’s 12 Years a Slave enjoyed a slight boost in its ninth weekend to gross $614,000 (£368,857) for $31.9m (£19.2m) to date.

Also posting a slight increase was Dallas Buyers Clubwith a $506,000 (£303,547) fifth weekend to climb to $7.5m (£4.5m) through eOne.

DISNEY

With a 51% drop in its fourth weekend, Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy sailed to a further $530,000 (£318,157) for a healthy $8.4m (£5.1m) to date through Disney.

Also for Disney, Frozen posted a 19% rise in its 14th weekend to add $470,000 (£282,354) and climb to $65.2m (£39.1m) in the UK. The double Oscar winner isn’t giving up on £40m just yet.

ARROW FILMS

Released in 58 screens in Ireland through Arrow Films, The Stag posted a $157,000 (£94,008) debut ahead of its UK-wide expansion from this Friday [March 14]. Its 50 sites in the Republic of Ireland provided $147,000 (£88,139) of the overall gross.

PECCADILLO PICTURES

Stranger by the Lake is now Peccadillo Pictures’ second best-ever UK performer with $195,000 (£117,158), behindWeekend’s $416,000 (£250,000). The distributor, who released the critically acclaimed drama on VoD last Friday [March 7], still plans some key regional openings for the film.

UPCOMING RELEASES

This week’s only saturation release comes in the form of eOne’s Need for Speed (opens March 12), while Sony’sThe Zero Theorem receives a wide release.

StudioCanal’s Under the Skin, Trinity’s Plot for Peaceand Warner Bros’ Veronica Mars are among the films receiving a limited release.

Meh for 300.

Frozen STILL chugging along!

Lego won't catch it now, but $55m should still happen, which is way more than expected.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

Sabotage will be released on Wednesday 7th May

Next Goal Wins from Icon [a studio I've not seen around for a long time] will be released on 9th May. I'd guess this is related to the World Cup especially that Pele will supposedly not be ready [EDIT: It's not ready for definite, it's off the schedule]

Enemy will be released 16th May

And So It Goes will come out on 18th July [my birthday] with a saturation release

Wish I Was Here will get a wide release on 29th August [really looking forward to this one after the amazing Garden State]

Before I Go To Sleep will come out on 5th September. This seems like a very good date for the popular book adaptation

Edited by Divergent Films

Muppets most wanted will have previews on 22/23 (and 15/16/17 in Ireland)Rio 2 will have previews on 29/30 MarchThe quiet ones will now be released on 10 April instead of just having previews thenTarzan will have previews on 26/27 AprilTranscendence will unprisingly have a saturation release

Anyone interested in seeing Captain America on the 20th Mar for free? I won a couple of tickets, but unfortunately can't make it. If anyone is interested, pm me asap which cinema you'd like it for from the link below, and I'll email you all you need.http://www.showfilmfirst.com/inv/46a65a94a2242ef8ee26cceee3a4205a

Edited by Schumacher FTW

Anyone interested in seeing Captain America on the 20th Mar for free? I won a couple of tickets, but unfortunately can't make it. If anyone is interested, pm me asap which cinema you'd like it for from the link below, and I'll email you all you need.

I'm interested ,can I check tomorrow afternoon if I'm free [as everyone I would go with is either out or asleep]. Also what time [if it's between 8:30am-4:00pm then no, if later than i'll check tomorrow]

Also if I can go, can it be for Milton Keynes [it says not available but don't know if that means the tickets aren't valid for this one

Edited by Divergent Films

I'm interested ,can I check tomorrow afternoon if I'm free [as everyone I would go with is either out or asleep]. Also what time [if it's between 8:30am-4:00pm then no, if later than i'll check tomorrow]Also if I can go, can it be for Milton Keynes [it says not available but don't know if that means the tickets aren't valid for this one

means they're sold out unfortunately