Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I barely get any small films here. The unlimited card screenings are nice, but too tricky for me to get to, hence why I won't be seeing Ruby Sparks on Tuesday. The most out of sorts films we've had this yesr were The Raid and one day shows of Marley and Samsara.

I suppose I'm lucky that my local shows a mix of smaller films and blockbusters but it's 10 screens so they can have more selection unlike 4-6 screen cinemas.

I'd adore to go there for a big ass opening night, but I can't justify it at all.

Only pay full money for IMAX and that's only maybe once or twice a year. Nothing could beat seeing The Dark Knight Rises and Mission Impossible on that screen,

Friday report: Taken storms to the top of the chart with a strong £2m. Sinister is a horror hit with £0.5m, Looper is having a decent hold, £0.425m, Emma Watson is clearly not a post-Potter draw, Wallflower is only fourth with £0.165m. Untouchable only 15% down from last week, playing at 159 sites.

OMG!!That's $3.2m! Bloody hell!Maybe a $10m opening then, as Saturday should be similar, or maybe even bigger. :oGreat for Sinister. Should open over £1m.Disappointing for Perks. I hope it still makes over £1m over the 5 day. It doesn't have many showtimes though, so I guess it was never going to be a big hit. It should have good legs though.

Edited by Heretic

Friday report: Taken storms to the top of the chart with a strong £2m. Sinister is a horror hit with £0.5m, Looper is having a decent hold, £0.425m, Emma Watson is clearly not a post-Potter draw, Wallflower is only fourth with £0.165m. Untouchable only 15% down from last week, playing at 159 sites.

Wow, amazing for Taken 2! Going to zoom past Taken's total in no time at all.Great hold for Untouchable too, we need a big gross.

Oh cool! Cineworld sounds better than Odeon...

Been to Cineworld a few times in central London and Wandsworth actually and are normally good. And way cheaper than Odeon, which is probably the most expensive UK cinema chain.

You should try out the one at the O2. The Sky Superscreen is massive, and they have D-Box which is worth a try.

I need to try this D-Box thing too, sounds fun!Been to the Sky SuperScreen at Cineworld O2 when I have free Sky preview tickets and it is an amazing screen!

Any news for Resident Evil?

RE 68% down from last Friday, it's a huge flop.

It's mainly because there has been hardly any promotion here. They kept on showing the weakest TV spot out of the 8 or 9 they made. There were way better ones but they showed the weakest. It also didn't help that there were no reviews over here, so people wouldn't have really known that the film was out. It's strange because the Emma Watson film has been advertised for ages, but is performing even lower than I expected.

Hmm, maybe it's because I hardly ever watch TV anymore. I guess Perks isn't the type of film to have a big opening. Still though, I'd be surprised if it doesn't do at least £0.75m for the opening.RE looks, and apparently is awful. So I'm not surprised it flopped so hard. Why would anyone want to pay so much money (only seems to have been released in 3D and IMAX 3D) for absolute rubbish?

Well, actually RE wasn't rubbish. I'm a fan of all of them, and Retribution is a lot better than the last one, which was also released in only 3D and IMAX 3D as well. It's a great action film, I don't get why people are saying it's rubbish. The last one was #1 and grossed £1.7 million in it's opening week, that's why i'm surprised it hasn't done as well.