Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I honestly thought Les mis would be bigger but still $47 mil and counting is impressive. Iron man 3 should scrap in will be like a diet version of The Avengers Hobbit 2 will increase slightly i think. Catching fire to do $60 mil here books have exploded in popularity.

1 TH 2 - $90 mil

2 MU- $ 80 mil

3 iron man 3- $65 mil

4 CF- $ 60 mil

5 Les mis- $60 mil

Die Hard is now on sale everywhere. I have Wreck-It at £3.5m, should win the weekend.

Yep, between £3M-£4M seems to be the most likely scenario for WIR this weekend. Let's hope it does it!

Yeah. £50m potential there.

Definitely! Pixar + Monsters Inc. sequel will make it huge!

This year there's a lot of big hits, but lack of any monster hits like Skyfall, DH2, TS3 etc. Should work out fine though.

2013 is still going to be a huge year at the UK Box-Office!

Something will break out too to fill the void of no 100% huge hit like Bond or Potter.

I honestly thought Les mis would be bigger but still $47 mil and counting is impressive. Iron man 3 should scrap in will be like a diet version of The Avengers Hobbit 2 will increase slightly i think. Catching fire to do $60 mil here books have exploded in popularity.

1 TH 2 - $90 mil

2 MU- $ 80 mil

3 iron man 3- $65 mil

4 CF- $ 60 mil

5 Les mis- $60 mil

What did you expect for Les Mis? Because everyone had it £25-30m, I think I was the highest with £40m. That would keep it ahead of Star Trek, IM3, Man of Steel and Catching Fire.  

Edited by Alfred Quintana

1 TH 2 - $90 mil

2 MU- $ 80 mil

3 iron man 3- $65 mil

4 CF- $ 60 mil

5 Les mis- $60 mil

Unless the $ to £ changes to show that we're stronger again, The Hobbit 2 will be down from the first, same as how Fellowship was bigger than Two Towers.

What did you expect for Les Mis? Because everyone had it £25-30m, I think I was the highest with £40m. That would keep it ahead of Star Trek, IM3, Man of Steel and Catching Fire.  

I was expecting it to be huge because i could not escape people talking about it during january maybe it's just people i know but £40 mil is huge still should be top 5 for the year unless a load of movies over perform.

Edited by htall90

Unless the $ to £ changes to show that we're stronger again, The Hobbit 2 will be down from the first, same as how Fellowship was bigger than Two Towers.

I think it can slightly iwas well received in the Uk compare to the US from what i heard i personally enjoyed. What kept people away from the 1st was lack of much going on which will be much different with the 2nd so i predicting a small increase based on more happening and smaug.

Edited by htall90

I'm not sure what Catching Fire can do. 18 months between installments can definitely expand the fan base though.

Catching fire will do twilight numbers maybe bigger thats why I predicted $60 mil it's popularity has shot up since the 1st the 1st was not popular relatively it benefit from a lack of other big movies during march last year. It is now the big movie for young women it is also more popular among men then twilight due to there being more action then twilight and being less soppy lol! So i think it will be top 5 of the year here.

Edited by htall90

Yeah, $60m+ is definitely doable for Catching Fire. The Hunger Games has more appeal than Twilight.

Yh although i thought the 1st was overrated it was way better then twilight the last few twilights have made over $50 mil each so $60 mil is possible for CF.

really quiet for hitchcock at my cinema tonight.. does not bode well for the weekend. wreck it ralph was ok for a friday for a family film. should do well tomorrow.

Wreck it Ralph i wouldn't expect to do huge Friday business, it'll rake it in once half term begins. Hitchcock not too surprise it's not doing great, wonder how I Give it a Year is doing,