Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 Ted £9,333,700 £9,333,7002 The Dark Knight Rises £4,290,605 £40,846,9133 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days £1,537,178 £1,537,1784 Ice Age: Continental Drift £1,213,388 £24,671,6035 Dr. Seuss' The Lorax £856,003 £4,648,4236 Brave £820,084 £820,084

Some solid numbers there, UK Box-Office of Summer 2012 is big and will get bigger next week!Going to be mad with Brave, Expendables 2 and Bourne Legacy all releasing in the same week with TDKR and Ted still lurking. I don't think 1 film will do big OW numbers because there is so much competition for screens and audiences.

It says on IMDB Taken's 15, but I've seen it rated 18 too...

I think the uncut version of Taken is 18, I guess the cinema release was a 15.

15 or 18...still a big step up from a 12A and Taken 2 will be at least a 15 I hope.

Monday drops are solid, Ted 37% £1.13, TDKR 40% £0.8m, Brave passed £1.Next week is tricky, film are getting released after the Olympics, Bourne, Barve opening on Monday, Expendables previews on Thursday.

Nice Mondays indeed. B)As I said earlier, next week is going to be mental!

£17-18m by Sunday sounds about right, it has no competition until next Monday but I wonder if the Closing Ceremony will have an impact, clearly film distributors thought so hence why there's no major releases this weekend.Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days surprisenly is the highest entry of the three films so clearly a summer release, the first two films did okay so clearly its audience has grown thanks to the first two films and the books.

My local was pretty busy earlier on. There was about 60/70 ladies for Magic Mike, and myself as the solitary guy. What a weird experience.

I saw MM a few weeks back and it was mostly females and a few guys including myself, the film's actually done pretty well considering its subject matter and it was low budget so any money it has made in the UK is purely profit. Edited by Jonwo

Ted's doing well with £1m a day grosses so far, I imagine it's performs better in the evening than it does in the day where I imagine kids film do better. Brave boding well for a big opening when its released wide in a week, considering it has no previews unlike Ice Age, £10m 7 day is very likely.

That's very impressive, imo.

But remember that Brave was always going to do very well in Scotland due to the Scottish theme of the film.In the rest of the UK it may not follow the same trend but of course it will still do well and it will be a close fight with IA4 for top animated gross this summer!BTW I am just loving the UK Summer 2012 BO, so strong! :D

But remember that Brave was always going to do very well in Scotland due to the Scottish theme of the film.In the rest of the UK it may not follow the same trend but of course it will still do well and it will be a close fight with IA4 for top animated gross this summer!BTW I am just loving the UK Summer 2012 BO, so strong! :D

That's probably helping, but still, a £10m opening, or possibly even more is fantastic for Brave, considering how badly it's done in a lot of markets.And yes, I agree. The UK box office has been very strong this year, and that'll continue with some huge films coming up.

I think Brave will do very well in the UK, Cars 1 and 2 was the only film to do less than £20m but Cars isn't universally loved, I'm not a fan but it's better than a lot of animated films released in the last few years.Ice Age's popularity OS is weird considering it's declining in the US, I imagine a fifth film will happen but it'll be the last one.It'll be interesting to see how Madagascar 3 does in October, normally animated films do quite well but it's got competition from Frankenweenie and Hotel Transylvania which could hurt it but I expect a £4m OW.