Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

37 minutes ago, Allanheimer said:

That Longlegs number!!! 

Have to imagine a lot of chains are frustrated they've overbooked Fly Me to the Moon lmao. With the various previews numbers thrown in, get the popcorn ready for an insane drop next weekend. I could see 80%+.

Longlegs could open similar to the film many have compared it to The Silence of the Lambs £1.59m

5 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday

1. Despicable Me £2.43m

2. Longlegs £546k

3. Inside Out £500k

4. Quiet Place £275k

5. Fly Me To The Moon £152k

6. Indian 2 £114k

Many independent cinemas are showing Euro Final tomorrow night most Everyman cinemas screenings are sold out £10 a ticket as are many other indies, whilst Picturehouse are doing it free.. Will it's BO be reported?

5 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday

1. Despicable Me £2.43m

2. Longlegs £546k

3. Inside Out £500k

4. Quiet Place £275k

5. Fly Me To The Moon £152k

6. Indian 2 £114k

That Inside Out 2 number is… probably not surprising, especially with Despicable Me 4 as direct competition now.

38 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Saturday

1. Despicable Me £3.99m

2. Inside Out £1.08m

3. Longlegs £589k

4. Quiet Place £421k

5. Fly Me £224k

With Sunday drop a lot with Euro Finale , around 8M OW for DM4 . Around 2M for IO2. I think Sun/Mon drop will be low

56 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

With Sunday drop a lot with Euro Finale , around 8M OW for DM4 . Around 2M for IO2. I think Sun/Mon drop will be low

I wouldn't expect a huge drop on family films, the majority of business is done loooooong before kick off

4 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wouldn't expect a huge drop on family films, the majority of business is done loooooong before kick off

Yeah it's gonna hurt Longlegs and Quiet Place more than anything. IO2 has had exceptionally strong Sundays even when England was playing at 5pm on those days. 

Weekend is being reported as $12.2m in USD for DM4 which converts to ~£9.6m. Pretty normal Sunday drop with current outlook, if anything Saturday was the weak link in missing £10m. 

Edited by Allanheimer
  • Like 2

Sunday

1. Despicable Me £2.40m

2. Inside Out £634k

3. Longlegs £218k

4. Quiet Place £124k

5. Fly Me £80k

Weekend

1. Despicable Me £8.85m

2. Inside Out £2.22m (£44.48m)

3. Longlegs £1.36m

4. Quiet Place £824k (£8.00m)

5. Fly Me £457k (£861k)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Sunday

1. Despicable Me £2.40m

2. Inside Out £634k

3. Longlegs £218k

4. Quiet Place £124k

5. Fly Me £80k

Weekend

1. Despicable Me £8.85m

2. Inside Out £2.22m (£44.48m)

3. Longlegs £1.36m

4. Quiet Place £824k (£8.00m)

5. Fly Me £457k (£861k)

Yeh looks like all films did take a hit on Sunday then for sure. Hopefully this means better holds next weekend.

Great for Longlegs. And A Quiet Place Day One should pass £10m to join the other entries in the franchise. 

Edited by Krissykins

Despite sporting competition from the Euro 2024 football and Wimbledon tennis finals, this weekend recorded the third-highest market total of the year to date at over £15m.
New release Despicable Me 4 opens at No.1 with £8.8m, contributing 59% of the market total. PostTrak audiences responded well, with Kids and Parents giving the film 4.5 stars, and General audience 4 stars. 62% of Kids will tell friends they must see it right away and 43% want to watch it again at the cinema. Prior instalment Despicable Me 3 opened in June 2017 with £11.1m, followed by prequel Minions: The Rise Of Gru achieving £10.4m on the first weekend of July 2022. The slightly later release date of DM4 puts it closer to the start of most school summer holidays; combined with widespread novel warm weather this weekend, many families will be saving their cinema trip for the expected rainy holiday days ahead.
After four weeks at No.1, Inside Out 2 drops to No.2, adding £2.2m for total to date of £44.4m. It will also benefit from the upcoming school holidays across England & Wales which start next weekend.
The second new release this week is horror Longlegs at No.3 with £1.3m. By some margin this is the biggest opening for a Nicolas Cage non-animated film since 2013’s Kick-Ass 2, with recent releases Dream Scenario and Renfield  opening with £384k and £680k respectively. It is Black Bear’s second-highest release after Ferrari (£1.9m), ahead of fellow horror Immaculate (£522k in March, on its way to a lifetime total of £1.7m). In our PostTrak poll, audiences gave the film 3 stars, on a par with the horror norm, with under-25s most positive. While the genre/type of film was (as usual) the main draw, the second-highest reason for attending was I heard “it was good” (32%), suggesting marketing cut through to the relevant audience. TikTok and YouTube were the main ways people heard about the film, each mentioned by 22%.
A Quiet Place: Day One drops two places to No.4, recording the best hold of the Top 10 (-49%) to add £824k. Michael Sarnoski’s prequel now has a total to date of £8.0m, on track to pass £10m this month and chasing Part II’s £11.7m lifetime.
Another new opener Fly Me To The Moon opens at No.5 with £457k across 3 days, and will rise to No.4 in the official chart with £861k including last weekend’s previews. PostTrak audiences gave the film 4 stars; it seems to be playing more like a space drama than a rom-com, with men giving higher ratings and making up over half of the audience. 58% of men would Definitely Recommend the films to friends, versus 45% of women. The genre and subject matter were significantly more motivating than the cast as reasons to attend.
The final new entry in this week’s Top 10 is Hindi action thriller Indian 2, sequel to 1996’s Indian. The new chapter made £213k and ranks at No.6.
Bad Boys: Ride Or Die drops to No.7 this weekend, with £201k in its sixth weekend. It now has a total to date of £11.5m and will be the second-biggest title in the franchise after Bad Boys For Life (£16.2m).
The Bikeriders is at No.8 with £130k, achieving a total to date of £3.5m.
MaXXXine is at No.9 with £113k, dropping 70% after scoring the biggest opening to date for director Ti West. With £787k to date, MaXXXine has also overtaken the lifetime totals of both X (£641k) and Pearl (£477k).
Closing the chart at No.10 is Kinds Of Kindness, adding £60k for a total of £944k.
Altitude’s horror In A Violent Nature will rank at No.10 in the official chart, opening with £45k across 3 days and £101k including previews.
The overall box office is up 52% from last weekend, and on a par with the equivalent weekend in 2023 when Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One opened at No.1 with £6.3m. Next weekend, our 2023 comparison will be with the £35m Barbenheimer weekend. Year-to-date 2024 remains 8% behind the same period in 2023.
This week we have Lee Isaac Chung’s action-adventure picture Twisters (Warner) from Wednesday, followed on Friday by the 30th Anniversary 4K re-issue of Robert Zemeckis’ Forrest Gump (Paramount). blur: To The End (Altitude) will also play for three nights only on Friday 19th, Saturday 20th and Wednesday 24th.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One of the things I hate about the schools being off:

Maxxxine finishes tomorrow and Fly Me To The Moon is gone from Thursday already. Quiet Place once a day from Friday. 

Despicable Me, Inside Out + Twisters are taking the air out of everything. 

On 7/15/2024 at 8:03 PM, Krissykins said:

One of the things I hate about the schools being off:

Maxxxine finishes tomorrow and Fly Me To The Moon is gone from Thursday already. Quiet Place once a day from Friday. 

Despicable Me, Inside Out + Twisters are taking the air out of everything. 

How are presales for Twisters, from the couple of cinemas I've looked at looks soft? While suprised there are no sellouts yet for Deadpool at BFI IMAX despite the massive hype over the last 7 weeks.. Was always a expecting £20m+ opening and £60m+ but now not too sure? 

32 minutes ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

How are presales for Twisters, from the couple of cinemas I've looked at looks soft? While suprised there are no sellouts yet for Deadpool at BFI IMAX despite the massive hype over the last 7 weeks.. Was always a expecting £20m+ opening and £60m+ but now not too sure? 

I think with Twisters, they didn’t make it clear enough that it was out in general release today. My group of friends for example booked our tickets for Friday without realising. Hopefully it does well.

Deadpool opens on the Thursday next week, my showing looks busy. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think with Twisters, they didn’t make it clear enough that it was out in general release today. My group of friends for example booked our tickets for Friday without realising. Hopefully it does well.

Deadpool opens on the Thursday next week, my showing looks busy. 

I think it got moved up quite late once it was clear DxW was opening next Thursday. I've noticed posters and trailers in various cinemas still showing the 19th. 

I expect this to overperform here like Dead Reckoning did this time last year. Its the first real 12A option since Apes and the only other "choice" for the rest of the summer is Borderlands. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 3:10 PM, Krissykins said:

Shame about MaXXXine, but it was always going to be frontloaded. Can’t wait for the inevitable 3 disc set of the trilogy, hopefully in 4K. 

They shot themselves in the foot with the poor release strategy for Pearl, it was always going to be difficult for this one.