Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Weekdays always go like this: Wednesday > Tuesday > Thursday > Monday. Sometimes Thursday is big if there are previews, same goes for Monday when it's bank holiday, like the upcoming weekend.Brave hit £10m today, Ted increased a ridiculous 46%, TDKR up 26%, will hit £51m tomorrow. TE2 only at £3m after a week, not good.

WOW at Ted! Its run has been amazing. Hop it hits £30m.£55m for TDKR would be $87,4m. Extremely close to TDK.

What are you thinking for August? Because August last year was massive.

Yeah, last years August was ridiculously big, mostly thanks to The Inbetweeners, I'd imagine.This August will definitely be down. Ted was huge, and Brave has opened well, but apart from that really, it's just been normal, and there were two weeks of olympics to also deal with. Somewhere possibly in the 16-18m range. Edited by Heretic

The cheapest possible ticket I can get is £6.20.

Where abouts in London are you?

Notting Hill area, lots of cinemas so cheap prices for me! :)

Your local £6.20 ticket is cheap too though.

Weekdays always go like this: Wednesday > Tuesday > Thursday > Monday.

Brave hit £10m today, Ted increased a ridiculous 46%, TDKR up 26%, will hit £51m tomorrow. TE2 only at £3m after a week, not good.

Good to know the biggest/weakest weekdays, thanks.

Ted and TDKR are beasts at the Box-Office!

Expendables 2 is not catching a break, taken it 3 days to make £1M as it made £2M over the 4-day OW.

What are you thinking for August? Because August last year was massive.

This August will definitely be lower I think. Last year had Inbetweeners and DH2 run-off.

I really hope even with a low July that 2012 can have more admissions than 2011!

I really hope even with a low July that 2012 can have more admissions than 2011!

A low August certainly won't help. Hopefully there'll be a few surprises between now and Bond. Dredd is British, so I have a feeling that's going to break out.

Last holiday season was awful. This year, we still have 2 £50m+ grosses to come, including a potential for one of the biggest films ever. Should be more than enough to offset a lower July and August.There's also the final Twilight movie which should do around £30m (Nothing from last years holiday season even made more than £25m except for SH2). Madagascar 3 should also put up some big numbers for the October half term. £20-25m for that, and there's also Rise of The Guardians which could be a big potential hit over the Christmas period.

I'm surprised how badly March did in attendance compared to January or February. May also wasn't a great month either but there was only two big releases that month whereas June did decently considering the football.

April being so huge made up for it.

I think October should be big, You have Skyfall, Taken 2 and Madagascar 3 and also potential smaller hits in Hotel Transylvania and Frankenweenie. September's never been a good month for new releases, last year, only Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy did good business, this year there's only Dredd and The Sweeney.

I think October should be big, You have Skyfall, Taken 2 and Madagascar 3 and also potential smaller hits in Hotel Transylvania and Frankenweenie. September's never been a good month for new releases, last year, only Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy did good business, this year there's only Dredd and The Sweeney.

Oh god, Dredd. Saw the advert before TDRK. Looks absolutely horrific.

The autumn half term and Christmas are going to be bigger than last year. Bond 50m+, Twilight 30m+, Hobbit 50m+

Remember though The Hobbit will make most of it's gross/admissions in 2013 not 2012 so that will count against 2012 final numbers.But yes, this autumn/winter is much stronger than 2011 so 2012 should be able to catch up in admissions.Bond, Twilight, Hobbit will be huge and Taken, Madagascar 3 and other smaller films will chip in a lot too!Also, for 2012 to have more admissions then 2011 would be a fantastic achievement!Think about it, 2012 has had the huge Euros tournament with England + Ireland involved and the massive Olympics in London. With these huge setbacks to the BO, I think 2012 is doing very well so far and to match/get above 2011's gross and admissions would be amazing I think.

Oh god, Dredd. Saw the advert before TDRK. Looks absolutely horrific.

The trailer before TDKR did look awful and I cannot see Dredd breaking out in the UK. It seems to have the same plot as The Raid too.Maybe £8-9M tops for Dredd.

Dredd's an 18 which could be its downfall, I imagine it'll be better than the 1995 film.2013 does look like another bumper year at the box office with films like Iron Man 3, Fast and Furious 6, Hangover Part III to name but a few. I'm personally looking to Man of Steel but don't know if it'll breakout but it looks promising.

Edited by Jonwo

It's not being released here until October, so it won't have a rating yet, but I doubt it'd be rated R here. 18 seems a little restrictive. Unless it really is that violent, but I doubt they'd want it to be R.

Edited by lab276