Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I wonder if all the sold out shows tomorrow for Skyfall will actually benefit some films...I've actually seen a very late night show for Taken 2 at my cinema tomorrow, which it didn't have last weekend...probably to compensate.

The Hobbit could really pass $100m? I have some doubts about it, The Hobbit isn't The Lord of the Rings.

For sure it could. It should do minimum £60m.

Holy shit! Leicester Squares 1,700 seater has sold out 3 shows! 3!Never seen that happen, at least, not a few days before release.

Probably not anything recent times but have seen that happen before, OLS will go through the roof

biggest Owe least last 15years OLSquDH2QofSHD1CR(#7)

The fact we could have 2 $100m grosses this year is incredible.

And FOUR £50M+ grosses for 2012 too! Incredible.

Vue Westfield has 9 sellouts. 7 of those for tomorrow.

Amazing for Westfield and walk-ups there will be huge! My family helped contribute to one of the sellouts. :)

I'll be here updating Skyfall every day folks. Totals before Bond:Madagascar £7.5m

Thanks!Decent total for Mad3 too.

Also for screenings, check the seating plan if you can and it shows Skyfall in a even better light!Loads of shows are not sold out because they are literally 1 or 2 or 3 seats left, so you can almost count them as sold out. Loads of this at Vue Westfield and my local Odeon cinemas.

Also for screenings, check the seating plan if you can and it shows Skyfall in a even better light!Loads of shows are not sold out because they are literally 1 or 2 or 3 seats left, so you can almost count them as sold out. Loads of this at Vue Westfield and my local Odeon cinemas.

Yeah same. An auditorium rarely ever sells out at my odeon to the point where there is literally not a seat left. There's always that random 1 or 2 seats scattered about. I just count them as sold out.

the general rule of thumb when there isn't reserve seating is that theatres will put session as soldout when there are still 20-50 seats left, basically however many seats are in front row maybe front 2 wont be sold so if say theatre seats 300 and there are 20 seats in front row they will most likely put up sold out at 280, reserve seating they will go till every seat sold.i rememeber years ago have kinda agument at the BO of cinema when they had up soldout friends had gotten tickets just before them, I told the cashier I know you haven't sold all seats etc, in the end he relented and sold me a ticket. Couple other times done same thing.

Edited by Rth