charlie Jatinder

Nordic Box Office Thread.

Pretty sure The Way of Water has passed A1 run (in lc) includig re-release in Sweden.  It looks like it will be a photo finish for it to take the all time record here. Should be at #3 all time first run already, closing in on second place after this weekend.

Hoping for a Scream breakout now, unlikely as it is. Should be good here from May either way.

• Like 1

Is it my impression or Avatar numbers in Sweden doesn't seem as impressive as in the rest of Europe? 

I'm saying this because despite beating the all time record Sweden was just the 12th biggest European market for this movie, and usually it's 7th or 8th...

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Is it my impression or Avatar numbers in Sweden doesn't seem as impressive as in the rest of Europe? 

I'm saying this because despite beating the all time record Sweden was just the 12th biggest European market for this movie, and usually it's 7th or 8th...

Because other market is more impressive.

12 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yeah, it's partly because it has been even more impressive in other countries, but also partly because the exchange rate is worse in Sweden comparatively to the Euro-regions, Denmark and especially Switzerland (at least compared to when the first Avatar came).

Edited by Dale Cooper
  • Thanks 1

Norway 31.03-02.04

John Wick 4 - 2nd weekend:

16,092 / 62,635 total

D&D - 1st weekend:

12,625/ 19,456 total (4551 admits in previews last the weekend before)

65 - 1st weekend:

2,153/ 2,856 total (had previews on wed + thur with ticket prices being 65 NOK in selected theaters)

Shazam - 3rd weekend:

1,705/ 25,772 total

Scream VI - 4th weekend:

1,525/ 20,914 total

Creed 3 - 5th weekend:

1,023/ 40,573

782/ 695,272 total

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

Minions: Rise of Gru had 78,065 admits during it´s opening weekend. Add previews it had before you get a total of 86,834. I´m hoping for Mario to get close to that number over the 5-days and take advantage of Easter Holiday with schools off Thursday and Friday. Will try to look at pre-sales tomorrow but the quick glance I did yesterday it seemed very solid.

Norway:

Mario has sold ca 13,268 tickets in pre-sales for opening day across the two biggest chains that usually have around 55% of the market share. Showings are starting basically now. With the remaining chains it is probably closer to 20K in total for opening day. Thinking 70K+ should be the goal as a minimum. Reviews are not that bad here so if reviews were to impact it, it has solid enough. Sales for remaining week isn´t that strong but expecting good walk-ups with the holiday in play.

Edited by thajdikt

Norway:

Fantastic second day for Mario. 28,039 admits on Thursday for Mario. Walkups very excellent. Don´t know how the market trends are for Friday but if it´s a increase then we are looking at potentially 100K 3-day. Pre-sales are looking better than yesterday so it will depend on walkups.

Norway

Total admits 5-day weekend:

Some of the dailies might be off, will have to check later today to find out where it´s wrong.

Edit 2:

Haven´t looked properly but looks like Thur, Sat and Sun is off by a few admits, nothing substantial but total for the 5-day weekend is: 121,534 admits

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 2